Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrsleeve
    replied
    lol you have barley placed 1 of your big toes in about 1/2 way up the nail into the lake to test the water with that... Nice choice by the way, nice place to start with good dependable pocket knife. You will only get more discerning as time goes on good luck

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    That a 585? I have one, plain blade though. I love the assisted opening.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    My first real knife. Don't know why I messed around with wannabes for so long, this thing is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• IronFreak
    replied
    Swanny;4369935]Just grabbed a crkt k.i.s.s. For a whopping 18 bucks on woot.com. Love how insanely slim it is. Still getting used to the opening/closing function.

I have their Drifter model. It is probably the best knife I've owned. Carry it everywhere, use it on everything.

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    Just grabbed a crkt k.i.s.s. For a whopping 18 bucks on woot.com. Love how insanely slim it is. Still getting used to the opening/closing function.

Leave a comment:

• RVA_Zinno
    replied
    Oldest to newest:

Swiss army muli funciton knife

Two cheap little blades for key chains

Gerber para-frame knife I picked up for $20 at wallmart

Benchmade 551 Griptilian G10 Special Edition Knife from REI

Smith and Wesson Tomahawk I just picked up from Bass Pro.

Im really liking tomahawks right now

Leave a comment:

• deutschman
    replied
    I daily one of those Kershaw Skylines and its a bad as knife. Super light and thin so you never notice it, and its strong and sharp. Best pocket knife I have had so fare, plus its cheap so you dont have to stress about loosing it.

Leave a comment:

• Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    I don't have it yet because ups keeps fucking up and sending it to Barstow, but that little slider has a hardened steel bearing and a spring behind it, so it acts as the detent as well as the lock it's kinda like a reverse axis lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well i ended up not getting the manix at all so i returned at bought a new tool box but i did get this tenacious for free so thats pretty cool

IMG_0360 by Matthew w wiseman, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
    Is the lock only to keep it open? To me it would kind of defeat the purpose of a SpiderCo knife to have it locked closed and not be able to spider drop it open.

I had an old knife I got from Canadian Tire for like $5 on sale that I had a lot of fun spider dropping. I think it was made by Buck and was Bears Grilles branded.

I don't have it yet because ups keeps fucking up and sending it to Barstow, but that little slider has a hardened steel bearing and a spring behind it, so it acts as the detent as well as the lock it's kinda like a reverse axis lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Pac1373
    replied
    Gerber makes some decent stuff. They I think are an OEM for some U.S. and Canadian military knives as well...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    ^
    the bear grilles shit is gerber afaik. I dont think I have seen anything with that branding from buck
    Yeah, I lost/gave it way/broke it a while ago, so I don't really remember. Not a bad little piece for $5, but I wasn't super bummed to loose it. It was a pretty solid piece and I abused it a decent amount, too.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    ^
    the bear grilles shit is gerber afaik. I dont think I have seen anything with that branding from buck

Leave a comment:

• Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    got one of deez on the way, first semi-highend piece pretty excited
    Is the lock only to keep it open? To me it would kind of defeat the purpose of a SpiderCo knife to have it locked closed and not be able to spider drop it open.

I had an old knife I got from Canadian Tire for like $5 on sale that I had a lot of fun spider dropping. I think it was made by Buck and was Bears Grilles branded.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    This kind of fits in this thread. Edwin Jagger with rubber coated handle.

Leave a comment:

• Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    got one of deez on the way, first semi-highend piece pretty excited

Leave a comment:

Working...
X