Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
    I dont get butterfly knives. Its gotta be a kungfu thing. Autoknives make more sense for knife self defense.

A subcompact 9mm handgun makes the MOST sense for self defense.
    I never have been in a fight where I needed to use a weapon. I do carry a knife when I go out, but it is not for fighting of any sort. I would rather talk about it or walk away. I will defend myself though. But that is after the first two.

I grew up watching old "kung fu" movies and then took karate for 7 years. So that is where the Bali-song comes in. I also own two swords and a bo staff.

I would use one of my throwing knifes for self defense over a spring loaded knife.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Generally projectile weapons are better than close combat weapons for first strike.
      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

fixed blade/auto/butterfly's /=/ Illegal to carry in NY even if you can get a CCW. Spring assisted is legal. But really if your life comes down to skill with a blade Your tatics suck and something has gone really really bad. I have no intentions of letting someone with a knife or a stick get close enough to harm me with it. Throw it at me, You will end up dead before you get the chance to throw another one

So yeah you are limited in your options. And people wonder why I wont live in NY this is one reason among many
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Its even worse in mass.
          Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
            Its even worse in mass.
            I know IL is right up there too those are about the 3 worst
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              I know IL is right up there too those are about the 3 worst
              You said it, I found two sites that will ship balisongs in to NY. Throwing knifes are not illegal to carry. Maybe in the city but not out here.

It is an over all blade size, it is not as bad in upstate ny. I don't carry my balisong on me, just one of my Gil Hibbens throwers. In NY ANY spring assisted knife is illegal. I checked the NY knife rules a few days ago. A local vendor was selling them and lied to me. I knew that springs were a no no in NY.
              Last edited by F34R; 08-22-2010, 09:24 PM.

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                You said it, I found two sites that will ship balisongs in to NY. Throwing knifes are not illegal to carry. It is an over all blade size, it is not as bad in upstate ny. I don't carry my balisong on me, just one of my Gil Hibbens throwers. In NY ANY spring assisted knife is illegal. I checked the NY knife rules a few days ago. A local vendor was selling them and lied to me. I knew that springs were a no no in NY.
                I belive you are slightly mistaken. an assisted open knife is not a Illegal switch blade.

Switch blade is defined as a having a switch or mechanism on the handle that deploys the blade.

Spring assisted knives use a loop hole by putting a thumb stud on the BLADE that you have to open manually to a certain point before the spring takes over. This gets around the switch blade laws.

NY does have a vague Dangerous Knife clause that can encompass almost anything if they want to be dicks about it.

Now unless shit has changed since 08 you can still have a spring assisted unit with out issue in NY, so long as it meets the other legal qualifications of length and single edge balh blah blah.

Fun fact: Switch blades were defined and regulated by congress and the states in the 50's. Why you may ask. the play/movie West Side Story.

William Pitt-

Comment

Ah, I got a Gerber with the screw to flick it open. Got ya now!

I just enjoy flipping a Balisong, so I leave it at home ;)

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

e24 e9 e30
                    IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Hm, does not fall under Knifes...but it would be fun to blow a hole in the ground! Or a few dogs

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Wanna get a C.K.R.T. - I.F.B.
                        Originally posted by audiquattrot
                        bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                        1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                        2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                        1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                        2006 CBR600RR

Comment

^ What kind and is that a question? haha Post a link or a picture please.

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                            My tool:

Leatherman Wave.

^+100. So very useful and inconspicuous. You would be surprised how fast you can draw the blade with your thumb.** It is seen as a tool that a lot of workman/outdoorsman carry around on them.

** You might accidently draw the saw instead.

Comment

The saw will work for self defense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                                The saw will work for self defense as well.
                                for cutting your foot off so you can get outta the shackle to go find help for the shot guy laying on the floor of a abandoned shit house ????

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X