Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    was gonna say that I have paid less for e30's, than what that thing runs.

and I thought my lone wolf's are spendy to carry every day
    ya, and we all know people that have spent more on say a steering wheel or one BBS for their e30. its all relative. you get what you pay for, and a $600 e30 is no exception.

and on carrying sweet knives...

im 23, have been working my ass off and taking 2-4 classess almost every semester since i was 17. i don't see the point in spending my hard earned monies on something that i really dig, just to place it neatly in my safe.

Comment

No offense meant man. I know all about spendy shit that you wear or carry every day. Fucks sake I could have bought 2 and a 1/2 running e30s for what my carry gun cost.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

sorry, i guess i kinda have a habit of over justifying them because my friends fucking rag on me all the time. i'm no stranger to super sarcastic " whats your 'edc' today ben?" type jokes. one friend of mine was floored when he asked how much that sebenza was, yet he carries a baller kimber ultra carry 2 with trit sights. we all have our toys!

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin View Post
          sorry, i guess i kinda have a habit of over justifying them because my friends fucking rag on me all the time. i'm no stranger to super sarcastic " whats your 'edc' today ben?" type jokes. one friend of mine was floored when he asked how much that sebenza was, yet he carries a baller kimber ultra carry 2 with trit sights. we all have our toys!
          Thats why I don't tell people how much my knives cost lol. My girlfriend thinks my Zero Tolerance 0302 cost me $50. She thought that even $50 was too much for "a retarded tiger-paint knife" I'd actually hate to think how much I've spent on knives collectively.

Comment

I recently lost my pocket knife and looking for a new one.

The Kershaw Blur caught my eye. Anyone have this knife or can anyone recommend something similar?

Thanks!

Comment

just get the onion if thats the style you are looking for.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                just get the onion if thats the style you are looking for.

I picked up the Blur and I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

It's a Onion design with the Speed safe.

Comment

Ahoy.

I'm not really in the know of knives and such, but they're interesting nonetheless.

I putter around with this on me especially when at work(gas station).
                  Only gripe is the pocket clip gets loose after tightening it after a couple weeks or so.
                  Seatbelt cutter and glass breaker on the end. Dandy.

My other knoyfe is my grandpa's Kalashnikov bayonet that I brought back from Lebanon with me.
                  No I don't carry this around lol.
                  Research tells me it's an AKM Type II Bayonet produced by Bulgaria, China, Egypt, Iraq, East Germany, Russia, and Yugoslavia.

Cool.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Thinking about picking up this combo on thursday...

Comment

^Solid knife. I know someone who carried one in Iraq...says it's the best fixed blade he's ever owned.
                      sigpic
                      "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Good to hear, I am also dead set on buying a Damascus steel blank and making my "own" knife. Then getting a kydex sheath made for it locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Miasma View Post
                          Good to hear, I am also dead set on buying a Damascus steel blank and making my "own" knife. Then getting a kydex sheath made for it locally.
                          You can get Kydex hot enough to form in an old toaster oven. Buy one off CL and make your own sheath too.
                          sigpic
                          "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Will probably do just that. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Miasma View Post
                              Thinking about picking up this combo on thursday...

Own it, amazing blade. Perfect balance IMO
                              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Looking through some nice stuff in this old thread. I may have to pick up an SOG someday...

Here's some stuff I've wound up with over the years...

Official BSA Pocketknife my dad bought me when I joined as a cub scout. It's in kinda rough shape and the fact that I tried to sharpen it with an electric sharpener on the back of a can opener when I was 12 doesn't help. haha

Wenger Folder I've had for quite some time. Bought it from K-mart when I was in Boy Scouts ages ago. Great camping knife & the saw is awesome.

Two Bucks. The 119 was an impulse buy and the 303 was given to me by a family member at some point. Just found out that Buck has date codes on their blades. The 303 was made in '92 and the 119 was made in Y2k.

Gerber Multi-Tools are awesome. One usually stays w/ my guitar equipment & the other in whatever car I happen to be driving. And yes, that's my paring knife up top. Gotta have a good, sharp knife in the kitchen for my veggies.

The Keychain...

My collection of Kershaw Leeks. These things are just flat out fantastic for the money. Have one on me at all times (except at work)

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                                '95 525iT
                                '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                                '98 Disco 1

Comment

Working...
                                X