No announcement yet.

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but the original is $475, this was $30 on amazon.
    Got my griptilion sharper then stock and all my kitchen knives. :D

Comment

I'm in love with my Benchmade I posted a while back. It has held up amazing, somehow I lost the tip, I didn't break it off and I don't remember it happening. I let a guy use it a couple times and I'm wondering if that's when it did. I looked in to shipping it in for a replacement blade without the serrations.

Anyway, I've been looking for a old school stone and today, I caved and picked up a diamond sharpener. Not one of the v things, but an actual coarse/fine sided block. I spent about and hour or so on it, and really wish I had taken before photos. Mind you, the tip was gone, and the blade had a few chips out of it, BUT it still has a usable edge, had no problem cutting things for work. Now, I managed to get a edge sharp enough to shave my arm with.

No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I just scored a Spyderco Sage HO1. Beautiful knife. I don't have a pic of mine so I borrowed this one from Spyderco ;) Yes, that is woven carbon fiber on the outside.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

I lost my Gerber Paraframe last weekend, and just picked this up on a Lightning Deal:

Amazon is offering $10 off $50+ Kershaw purchases through 12/25.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Anyone strop?
            Cuz if you don't it really takes it to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
              Anyone strop?
              I don't bother. For what I use my knives for, stroping is a waste of time. If I was shaving with them, sure, but cutting up cardboard boxes or cutting zip-ties makes it pretty useless.

Comment

Anyone strop?
                too lazy ,spiderco fine rods gives me a hairpoping edge
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  I lost my Gerber Paraframe last weekend, and just picked this up on a Lightning Deal:

Amazon is offering $10 off $50+ Kershaw purchases through 12/25.
                  I picked up the same in silver on black Friday. I've been very pleased with it as a replacement for my SOG as my EDC, very nice knife.
                  88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                  We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Anyone strop?
                    I don't strop, but I have started polishing with 1500 grit wet for my final edge. I imagine it's a similar result, the edge I end up reminds me of a throw away razor blade.

I did this (polishing) about a day after my last post here, and its still impressive over a month later. Mind you this knife is a worker, comes out and abused multiple times a day.

Current picture, from the renewed perfect edge on the 15th to now.

Also, again, I'm in love with this benchmade. My first higher quality knife, and I don't think I'll ever waste my time in another cheap one. Knives have now been added to my "Things worth spending good money on list." Right there with Boots, eyewear, motor oil, ect.
                    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 12-31-2015, 06:03 AM.
                    No E30 Club
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

You might not believe in stropping but at least take those chips out :P

Comment

Lol the photo was to show the abuse. When I sharpened it a month ago all the chips were gone. I'll sharpen it up again soon.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

benchmade will also reblade it for like 5 bucks too
                          88 325is Five Speed
                          Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                            benchmade will also reblade it for like 5 bucks too
                            I've seriously considered sending this one in to get the blade swapped out for a straight, no serrations.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

So the blade costs $5?!
                              How? Is this a warranty thing? I bought mine on amazon though :(

Do it. The serrations are for bread or idk wtf you want serration for.
                              Maybe tough stuff U need to saw into like......? Thick hard plastic from a T.V?

I used mini grip to cut radiator hose and timing belts at the junkyard for fun.
                              butter. You don't kneed the saw teeth.

Comment

Yea I got mine as a gift. They work for cutting things like wire in a pinch, but I have no idea how to sharpen them. A well kept edge will do just as well, and can be repaired easily.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X