No announcement yet.

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is what I carry around for my everything knife. I used to carry pocket knives but lost them enough to force to me carry something with a clip.

I use it for everything (it shows).. paper.. whatever. Wouldn't mind much if I lost it since they are so easily replaceable.

Definitely not into it like some of you guys are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
      Did it come with a sheath?

Did not come with a sheath, but you can get them made out of kydex for pretty cheap.

I'll probably wrap the handle in paracord as well...not sure though. I'll see how it feels first.
      sigpic
      "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

My EDC:
        • Swisstech tool (on my keys)
        • Victorinox SwissCard Classic (in my wallet)
        • Leatherman Pulse (on my belt)
        • Schrade Nitro (clipped in my front right pocket)

Expanded:

This is the selection of blades/tools I have on me most of the time.The exception is that when I am at work the multi-tool and folding blade stay in my car. I work in an office setting and I don't need the strange looks. The blade on the Swisscard is big enough for office tasks like opening envolopes and unjamming my stapler.

It may seem like alot to carry around to most people, but I never have more than one thing in a pocket at a time so it's comfortable. I just like being prepared I guess. I use the tools on the Leatherman everyday and the folder is basically an automatic, so it is there for piece of mind.

I'm making a paracord bracelet next which should be an easy way to carry 10+ feet of cordage.

"better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it"
        Instagram
        sigpic
        Current: 99 M3
        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I have one of those Swisstech tools too.

What is the paracord bracelet going to looking like? You know you can use the threads inside the paracord for fishing or whatever if needed? There are several strands inside the paracord.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I have one of those Swisstech tools too.

What is the paracord bracelet going to looking like? You know you can use the threads inside the paracord for fishing or whatever if needed? There are several strands inside the paracord.

Here is a pretty good article on making one:

Instagram
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
              • Swisstech tool (on my keys)
              • Victorinox SwissCard Classic (in my wallet)
              • Leatherman Pulse (on my belt)
              • Schrade Nitro (clipped in my front right pocket)

Expanded:

This is the selection of blades/tools I have on me most of the time.The exception is that when I am at work the multi-tool and folding blade stay in my car. I work in an office setting and I don't need the strange looks. The blade on the Swisscard is big enough for office tasks like opening envolopes and unjamming my stapler.

It may seem like alot to carry around to most people, but I never have more than one thing in a pocket at a time so it's comfortable. I just like being prepared I guess. I use the tools on the Leatherman everyday and the folder is basically an automatic, so it is there for piece of mind.

I'm making a paracord bracelet next which should be an easy way to carry 10+ feet of cordage.

"better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it"
              What do you need all of that for on a daily basis? I'm just curious...
              tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post

What thats not that much stuff, This is my every day just going to town set up. If I am at work I have a huge set of keys and 3 radiation detection devices all on me as well. At work I may be sans the pistol and mag (much to my protest) depends on the regs for the job I am on, or facility I happen to be in.

The casio on the left is my work/chore watch and the Omega on the right is on, when I am not going to be getting into anything where it may get damaged.

really, I am outside all day weather at home or work, so it all comes in handy almost every day, the good LED light is awesome, and gets used every single day for something, the gerber hell I always have a screw driver or pliers and wire cutters. The knife, shit I never go anywhere with out a knife, and the CRKT just happens to be the one I am carrying ATM. The pen was a gift from the G/F and has been in my pocket ever sense, grandpa always said never be with out a good knife, watch or pen. The money clip is well for my cash, I need too hit the ATM tomorrow. The pistol is there just in case, Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! I travel for work and I dont have my pepper spray on my key ring ATM for some reason.
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-27-2009, 01:32 AM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

I really need to get a carry gun. Out of all my guns I don't have anything that I'd like to carry. I really want an HK P7M8 for carry.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                  ~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats a full size sig 220 lol

it hides fairly well, just had to change the style of how I dress a touch.
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      What thats not that much stuff, This is my every day just going to town set up. If I am at work I have a huge set of keys and 3 radiation detection devices all on me as well. At work I may be sans the pistol and mag (much to my protest) depends on the regs for the job I am on, or facility I happen to be in.

The casio on the left is my work/chore watch and the Omega on the right is on, when I am not going to be getting into anything where it may get damaged.

really, I am outside all day weather at home or work, so it all comes in handy almost every day, the good LED light is awesome, and gets used every single day for something, the gerber hell I always have a screw driver or pliers and wire cutters. The knife, shit I never go anywhere with out a knife, and the CRKT just happens to be the one I am carrying ATM. The pen was a gift from the G/F and has been in my pocket ever sense, grandpa always said never be with out a good knife, watch or pen. The money clip is well for my cash, I need too hit the ATM tomorrow. The pistol is there just in case, Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! I travel for work and I dont have my pepper spray on my key ring ATM for some reason.
                      I really need to get a carry gun. Out of all my guns I don't have anything that I'd like to carry. I really want an HK P7M8 for carry.
                      lol @ You S A

R.H.D
                      M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post

The leatherman is used every single day, and it is worn in a pouch on my belt like a cellphone. Yesterday I used it to change a headlight in a parking lot. The day before i opened beers with it while I watched the NFL draft. Tomorrow I'm going fishing and it wll be used to close shot sinkers and remove hooks.

The swiss card acts more like a personal manicure kit, so it is used frequently. It tucks away in my wallet so I don't notice it. It is about as thick as 4 or 5 credit cards.

The only thing that isnt used on a daily basis is the swisstech tool on my keychain. But it is so small I can forget it is there.

The folding blade is used infrequently, but I still have it where ever I can.

When you add my blackberry, wallet, and keys to the equation, It could seem like I carry alot with me. But like I said, I'm always using it so it's justified.
                        Instagram
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                          lol @ You S A
                          What ?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                            lol @ You S A

so dose that "S A" = smart ass, stupid ass, or Silly/stupid American????

just wondering is all
                            Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-27-2009, 02:31 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              so dose that "S A" = smart ass or stupid ass????
                              S A could stand for Sympathetic Aussie...
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

My old carry. I switched to a Kershaw Snap-Op assisted on my keys.

Comment

Working...
                                X