Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s see your toolboxes!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Let’s see your toolboxes!

    I couldn’t find a thread dedicated to boxes so I started one.
    mid there is one already, sorry but who doesn’t love tool porn?

    here’s mine freshly unearthed and organized: Matco 6s double bay. Bought 2014, love it. % of time you can see the top ~.05
    Click image for larger version  Name:	box1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	9895494

    Click image for larger version

Name:	38EA967C-684F-4036-AFE8-7C2AD5F1970E.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	9896030
    Click image for larger version

Name:	30185305-36B5-48BE-B6F6-66A529B9DD84.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	9896031

    Last edited by Conrad311; 01-03-2020, 08:24 AM. Reason: Pictures
    "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

    /// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
    Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

    #2
    mmmhhmmmm I love me some tool pern. your way more organized than I could ever manage

    Comment


      #3
      haha well thats the first time ive seen the top of my box in months so dont let the photo fool you. I usually have half of my tools in go bags from one project or another.
      "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

      /// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
      Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

      Comment


        #4
        Bought a 73" Snap On KCP box earlier in the year. I hope I get more than five years out of it, before I outgrow it (like my last one). Ended up buying a new tool cart at the same time too.

        (don't feel bad, I haven't seen the top of mine since the day i bought it, and the one before that...who the hell knows)



        Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
        @autobahnmotorsport
        '88 M5 | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '03 325it

        Comment


          #5
          Oh oh I'm all over this one.

          I could not decide between the 72" and 56" HF boxes, so I just bought both. I took both of them off their casters as those are different heights but the box frames are the same. Both boxes were set on 3" structural steel tubing feet and set side by side.

          Both are completely full, I'm not taking photos of every drawer but at the least 2 of the most frequently visited ones.

          I just finished revamping the lighting, taking down my T8 florescent fixtures in favor of 51000 lumens of 5000k LED lighting. It's fucking bright.




          Hers 13 X3 375hp/450tq - His 14 M5 780hp/730tq

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Jordan View Post
            Oh oh I'm all over this one.

            I could not decide between the 72" and 56" HF boxes, so I just bought both. I took both of them off their casters as those are different heights but the box frames are the same. Both boxes were set on 3" structural steel tubing feet and set side by side.

            Both are completely full, I'm not taking photos of every drawer but at the least 2 of the most frequently visited ones.

            I just finished revamping the lighting, taking down my T8 florescent fixtures in favor of 51000 lumens of 5000k LED lighting. It's fucking bright.
            Holy moly. I am very jealous. That's a super nice set up. Also that 3-series art is super cool!

            Maintenance Over Mods

            Instagram

            F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black
            E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
            E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
            E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

            Comment


              #7
              Nothing super nice here. Just some cheap Craftsman chests. The red one was my Grandfather's and I've had that for about 15 years. It came with some box end and closed end wrenches that belonged to HIS grandfather. The black one I bought on sale at the local Sears. Generally when I get a sticker that came with a car part, it goes right onto the box. Both chests are well organized and stocked with tools I've collected over the last 25 years. At some point I'd like to do a little garage makeover (lighting, flooring, etc) that will probably include some new tool boxes.

              Comment


                #8
                Good stuff guys! I love seeing how people operate. Motivates me to keep shit together.

                When I started my e30 journey I was 18 and had a bunch of my grandpas old tools in a milk crate in the back of my ‘91 SAAB 9000. Then my e30 and thankfully I’ve progressed a lot in the last 12 years! Haha

                Jordan I’ve been admiring your garage in your build thread, looks like a sweet home setup!

                I’m currently renting from a friends dad who built a “garage-mahal”. Whole bay of tool chests and 6 triple-deep bays, all filled with stuff. Almost. I’ll throw up a pic of the tool room later.
                "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

                /// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Excuse my garage mess- I am in between far too many projects, parts cars, etc at the moment.

                  But I was working out of three vintage boxes and a bunch of other storage and decided to finally upgrade to a full size box. I went all over and checked out various models. Ended up with the Gen 2 Harbor Freight 56" and so far this thing has been AWESOME for the money.

                  Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                  Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                  Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS, 3.1L M20 Build Thread
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS, daily Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                    Excuse my garage mess- I am in between far too many projects, parts cars, etc at the moment.

                    But I was working out of three vintage boxes and a bunch of other storage and decided to finally upgrade to a full size box. I went all over and checked out various models. Ended up with the Gen 2 Harbor Freight 56" and so far this thing has been AWESOME for the money.

                    Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                    Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                    Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                    Very organized! Nicely done.
                    Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
                    @autobahnmotorsport
                    '88 M5 | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '03 325it

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      I just finished revamping the lighting, taking down my T8 florescent fixtures in favor of 51000 lumens of 5000k LED lighting. It's fucking bright.
                      I put up (4) fixtures with (4) T8 5000k LED bulbs each,
                      It will hurt your eyes if you walk in the garage from outside at night, it's wonderful.

                      I'm no where near 51000 lumens. Make sure you wear sunscreen.
                      I do things.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I just recently replaced all 40 t8s here at the shop with LED lights.

                        My God, it's bright. Def worth every penny.
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                        Q
                        :devil:


                        WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                        Comment


                          #13
                          By far my favorite toolbox. Fits perfectly above the rear battery tray cover. Randomly found it in my dad's garage, no brand. What luck!
                          It holds all the random junk that I'd need if I ever get stuck on the side of the road, namely zipties...
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0368.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	9898991 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0369.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	9898992 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0370.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	9898993
                          Last edited by Zambuzan; 01-15-2020, 01:42 PM.
                          "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Does it fly around when you turn tho?
                            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                            Q
                            :devil:


                            WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              No, fits snug towards the top. And the batter tray cover has a LIP so the box doesn't slide around...
                              "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X