Let’s see your toolboxes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zambuzan View Post
    By far my favorite toolbox. Fits perfectly above the rear battery tray cover. Randomly found it in my dad's garage, no brand. What luck! It holds all the random junk that I'd need if I ever get stuck on the side of the road, namely zipties... [
    That’s pretty sweet, I’ve been looking for something like that. I’ve been using a Plano ammo box that I can squeeze into the top of the Jack well. Maybe a 50cal ammo can would sit well on the battery box? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
    Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

Very organized! Nicely done.
      Thanks! I need to get new socket holders and some foam, but for now she's 100x better than what I had been dealing with.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Current state of affairs in the garage:

Boxes:

The top is a mess:

Sockets live here:

Not as pretty, but it's organized. I know where everything goes and can spot if something is missing.
        I do things.

Comment

You guys are getting me all hot and heavy, especially Jordan.

I am building a backyard shed this spring so I can empty and then claim one half of the garage for my car/truck space.

Keep the ideas coming, big or small!
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Jordan you always make me have garage envy when I see your setup. It's not overly grandiose and it makes perfect use of a 2 car garage.

I've got the same small tall 3 piece Craftsman box I've had for 15 years some of you have. I've been eyeing the HF lines of boxes, and even the Husky 72" with soft close at Home Depot. Not planning to buy anything anytime soon. Just moved my box from my house where's it's been sitting unused for more than a year, now it's sitting in a new location where I had to take the top piece of and it's sitting next to the rest.

I'd really like to have the place that is next have a well thought out and planned garage. We'll see where we're at in a year or so. Hoping the next place is still provides a short commute but is on 1 acre, then if there isn't a shop a shop can be planned or built.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I got very lucky in mid 2018 when the local Ford stores consolidated and built a new store. I got a helluva deal on their old parts dept storage stuff, so I bought ALL of the drawer cabinets they had, and kept what I wanted and sold the rest, so I have ended up with 6 Lyon cabinets for less than 200 each after selling off the rest of them and a bunch of other shelving and what not. They are no where near full, in fact most of them are empty, but I am slowly working on filling them with just supplies and stuff to just have around to keep trips to the store when working on random things to a minimum. the 2 gray ones on the left will likely become my main TOOL boxes, the 2 tan ones on the left contain PPE, Power tools, all my fasteners, 2 drawers for random plumbing, 2 for eletrical supplies and networking stuff and just random things that needed a place to live. the 2 on the far right are empty, the old Cman box is my FIL's that I found a home for now, since hes got no place to put it. These things are industrial and very similar to Lista and Vidmar, and will hold 400lbs PER drawer. Away mission tool bags and kits sitting on top of the left boxes

20200122_193132 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

20200122_193608 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

My main box is this old Sams Club Stainless thing I got 15+ years ago, thats starting to show its age in the sliders and the bottom is starting to sink around the casters so the bottom couple of sets of drawers dont work too well anymore, just haven't decided on how to go about the move to the new boxes and haven't had the time to spend doing it yet. Couple of the most used drawers full of old Cman/ Cman Pro, with smattering of Proto, Wiha, knipex and decent sprinkling of Wright stuff in there as well. Oh and %of time you can see most of the top of my work bench........ about 10% of the time at most.

20200122_193118 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

20200122_193026 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

20200122_193039 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                I got very lucky in mid 2018 when the local Ford stores consolidated and built a new store. I got a helluva deal on their old parts dept storage stuff, so I bought ALL of the drawer cabinets they had, and kept what I wanted and sold the rest
                That’s a great deal! Those are expensive cabinets. Looks like a nice setup you’ve got! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

great inspiration! i just got my first house which has a double garage! ordered a new toolbox last night. cant wait to get everything set up and a garage build done!! will shoot some photos when i am done.

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

I'm not done building out the garage and it's starting to get packed so I am hesitant to buy more tool boxes, but what I have is not enough. The floor needs to be finished before I buy anything else. Anything that comes in will have to go out for a bit this year. I would really like a little more organization in the individual drawers. Super handy to pull around the garage and drop motors on to though.

Last edited by Kershaw; 02-16-2020, 07:00 AM.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

Untitled by Nick Smith, on Flickr

I'm embarrassed to show inside the drawers, haha.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

looks pretty good though....
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Not as flashy as all y'alls.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	XC garage tool drawer.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	9912381

Comment

Doing a test run for my temp tool box until I also get the 2 US General 72 and 56" boxes. I decided I do not like the rectangles for the 3/8 tools, but instead will do like Sonic Tools and cut them as circles to take up less space.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	9912450

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	9912451

Example of the type of layout I want for the future:

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                              Not as flashy as all y'alls....... Click image for larger version

Name:	XC garage tool drawer.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	9912381
                              Flash doesn’t help get the car fixed. It just eats up more money Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had the HF 44" box for just about a year now, and absolutely love it. Build quality is great for the home shop (though I have seen a few holding up in pro garages). It holds all of my tools aside from the blow-molded case test kits and such, but I already kind of wish I saved up for the 56" The more cars I work on, the more of a tool addict I become.
                                I'll post up some pictures once I've got this subframe/trailing arm mess cleaned up.
                                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                                X