Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90k Boeing non union workers to pay more for insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Yeah, I'm just about done with it. Then I was going to let the wife read it and send it back your way.

I'm about 2/3 through with it and the guy has made a very compelling case for it so far.
    Yeah, take your time with it!
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I find it very entertaining how many people are already blaming this on "obamacare" despite the changes not taking effect for years. The amount of increase is right in line with the past several years.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

actually it starts 2011 and you will be paying for it for 5 years before you can use any benefits from it!
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Trying to tie it to politics is risky. My health care costs doubled under Bush, but have held steady under Obama. Shall I conclude that each leader is responsible for that? No.

The fact is that much of the data now coming in is anecdotal and there is little to tie it directly and incontrovertibly to ObamaCare.

However, we do have lots of evidence that for-profit health insurance companies have never had an ethical problem denying care to people as a matter of policy. Why should they not continue this trend if they smell even a whiff of possible lost profits? They'll raise rates, and/or drop people at the slightest threat. I believe that is likely what is happening now. They have legions of lawyers trying to figure out how to profit mightily from the changes in health care statutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
            actually it starts 2011 and you will be paying for it for 5 years before you can use any benefits from it!
            10 years of taxation for 6 years of spending.......................................... ........Um yeah thats seems like a good business model and a budget neutral proposition dont it :crazy: .................................................. .........................
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Just thought it worth noting...

I work for a small company, and this year we had a very minor increase while staying with the same provider. We were acquired by a (much) bigger company and that will go through later next year. Rates are dropping significantly with them.

Comment

Kenny we need to talk about this over a few beers soon. I have a couple questions and I'd like to get your perspective ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
                  Kenny we need to talk about this over a few beers soon. I have a couple questions and I'd like to get your perspective ;)
                  Word. Hit me up next week player.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

FWIW, Boeing has been shifting it's medical costs more and more to employees every year for a while now. To be honest the plans could almost qualify as the "Cadillac plans" as defined by obamacare.

Furthermore, just because Boeing puts out a press release stating Obamacare is the cause of the increased cost to employees doesn't mean what they are saying is true (has a long history of misleading press releases). Defense Contractors will say anything to get defense-industry-friendly republicans elected over defense budget cutting democrats.

Comment

Working...
                    X