Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Where have you seen anyone say what you are purporting?
    *cough* CAP & TRADE *hack wheeze cough*
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      *cough* CAP & TRADE *hack wheeze cough*
      Please post where cap & trade is calling for total shut down. That was his claim.

Without regulation, you had the Cuyahoga burning.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

The oceans have been rising rapidly in recent times already, and we deal with it down here. Miami Beach is spending $.5bil to pump salt water out of the city. It's predicted that Miami Beach will be inhabitable by 2100...

The president of the United States this week proposed drowning wide swaths of the American landscape, and it barely made front-page news. The White House's 2019 budget request proposes cutting the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's climate-research initiatives by 37 percent — from $158 million in 2017 to only $93 million in 2019.

Miami is ~6' above sea level so surge tides are already damaging homes.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Please post where cap & trade is calling for total shut down. That was his claim.

Without regulation, you had the Cuyahoga burning.
          Ummmm yes I am aware of the great river fires of the 50s and 60s, I have never said the EPA or regulation is a bad thing, though I am on record as saying the EPA has out grown its scope in many instance, and is used as a weapon against entities that dont align themselves with the current political structure that's happens to occupy the big white house much like the IRS. Never more evident than under the last Presidential administration

this is what I was addressing with my reference,

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
          I haven't seen what "reasonable" is to you folk. I just see another opportunity for government control with no expectation of actual results.
          Cap and Trade is designed with this very scam in mind, the ability to regulate and tax at will with no correlation to actual real world results, while ignoring ever other nation on the globes emissions as well. Just arbitrary numbers and "targets" thas sound good, with little bearing on economic feasibility, regard to the laws of physics or actions of the end consumer of the product. With those numbers and targets based on how to extract maximum taxation out of the private sector, its about govt revenue and control, not about saving the planet, make no mistakes about it, and thats why it must never be implemented.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Pretty alarmist if you ask me. A far fetched scenario with just as far fetched consequences makes for a hell of a reason to change everything we do and bring us back into the dark ages where we have practically zero energy.

Think about the consequences of the removal of fossil fuels from life as we know it. You think melting ice would be bad? How about famine, pestilence and death?
            Really? Is this how your mind really works? Dismiss the many associated effects of rising sea levels, even if they would exist far in the future, as alarmist, and refute it with an even greater alarmist idea, which nobody has suggested, to completely revert our energy use to the dark ages and the collapse of civilization? If you can't even try to be reasonable with your own arguments then we won't take you seriously.

There are parts of the world functioning just fine without fossil fuels, btw. It's not like there has to be this massive shift all once. It's those small little improvements to how we capture and use energy that add up over time. If cap and trade is the impetus then so what? Our air gets cleaner, our transportation gets more efficient, our homes get more energy efficient, our freshwater supplies stay fresh, etc. These aren't trivial things designed purely to squeeze taxes out of us.
            Last edited by E30 Wagen; 06-17-2018, 11:49 AM.
            My Feedback

Comment

This bickering reminds me of my children.

Facts are facts people...
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                This bickering reminds me of my children.

Facts are facts people...
                Isn't that what the bickering is about? Whether "facts" are indeed facts?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Potato/potato. Yes indeed. No matter how you slice the bread, it's still bread.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Did you click my links and watch the next 40yr of Miami Beach progression? It's real and in my back yard.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

Prediction of the future does not constitute facts or science. But no, I didnt look at your links. The premise is false on its face.
                      Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      Did you click my links and watch the next 40yr of Miami Beach progression? It's real and in my back yard.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Prediction of the future does not constitute facts or science. But no, I didnt look at your links. The premise is false on its face.

you could save us all some time if you just put your phone down, stuck your fingers in your ears, and said "lalalalalalalaa i can't hear you".
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Cool. I bark at facts, evidence and science. It is what it is. Not interested in "hockey sticks" or any jargon. Truth be said, it's 2am my time and I'm tracking celestial events lol.

Totally geeking out in my telescope...
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

...and you had me at..."no, I didn't look"
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Partially. Some are providing facts, you are spouting unsupported nonsense.

Or are you just refusing to post those links to scientists/government leaders calling for a return to the 12th century? (that don't exist)

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Partially. Some are providing facts, you are spouting unsupported nonsense.

Or are you just refusing to post those links to scientists/government leaders calling for a return to the 12th century? (that don't exist)
                                Sleeve already discussed cap and trade as one glaring example. Another would be the environazis who legitimately believe that the human race is a scourge on the planet. Granted, they don't have the ear of the federal government now, but they do in California where they hate fossil fuels, the fact that people need water and need to travel from place to place.

People have to paint their houses twice as often in California because the paint has been stripped of any chemicals that make it last and I am not even suggesting we go back to lead. Environmentalists in California love shutting down nuclear power plants, they love stopping hydroelectric power generation and they don't even want solar power grids to be linked from the desert to the metropolitan areas that need it.

Yes, California environmentalists want to bring us back to the dark ages. But they won't give up their iPhones and Teslas. Therefore, its about power and control and not about the environment.

As California goes, so goes the nation.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X