No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stamping on toilet paper is in English too, doesn't mean it's good for more than one thing...

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
      The stamping on toilet paper is in English too, doesn't mean it's good for more than one thing...
      I kill spiders in my bathroom with toilet paper. 2 uses. Suck it!
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Yes I am sure there has never been a city sized chunk of ice floating around in the worlds oceans before
        imagine my surprise that the nutjob holed up in a small town in montana is only thinking about this at the local scale

one chunk is one data point in a much greater set, on a global scale

A time-lapse animation has been released by NASA showing how the Arctic sea ice has changed over the past 30 years.#nasa #timelapse #arcticsea #depletion #ar...
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

The climate is always changing but 47.8c (118F) today in western suburbs of Sydney is BS hot

EDIT: ended up cracking 48.9c (120F)
          Last edited by digger; 01-04-2020, 01:03 AM.
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
            The climate is always changing but 47.8c (118F) today in western suburbs of Sydney is BS hot

EDIT: ended up cracking 48.9c (120F)
            Ok. Let's say I agree with you and it's man's fault for the hot weather. What is the cure?
            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

A pandemic that wipes out 80% of the population is probably the only thing that can stop it.

People are hypocrites they want climate action by everyone else but themself and anything that impacts them they whinge about.

Now the focus should be dealing with the inevitable

89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Not surprised with the extra high temps the lately you guys, Digger. Earth is at perihelion, and the southern hemisphere is in summer.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Interesting note;

Researchers at Brown University found bots were far more likely to post tweets denying climate change.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Well digger, how about that pandemic you asked for? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
                      Well digger, how about that pandemic you asked for? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      i was imagining a pandemic that was more deadly across the board. With this pandemic the most devistating consequnces are with the elderly thats not to say younder people cant die but it seems even if governments had let it run its course it probably isnt enough. Perhaps the intrevention measures of governments around the world will impact the economy and society to the extent that there still is a stepwise reduction

Comment

I gots news for all of you. this little flu bug has repercussions and its going to set the "green energy" agendas back about a decade. Conventional fuels are about to get very cheep for the foreseeable future and economically shove green to the back burner for at least the next decade
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

And that's a good thing?
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Depends on your perspective.... and how you view how the world works.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Sure the massive global downturn will make fossil fuels cheap - it has- but renewables like solar and wind have progressed so far, and continue to, and they may still be cheapest. And that is ultimately going to turn the tide and cause more and more big decision makers to adopt. The 2008 collapse was a blow to renewables, especially Solar at the time, but it made that industry way leaner and stronger and Countries other than ours, namely China, doubled down and invested heavily. It ended up progressing the industry further along that it would have been otherwise.

It is sort of mind blowing that the Country could have converted the entire US Power grid to 100 percent renewable energy with less than the money/debt we've blown on the COVID-19 response, which is also much less than what we've spent on the "War on Terror" over the last decade. This country could achieve a lot if we had our priorities in different places.
                              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                                It is sort of mind blowing that the Country could have converted the entire US Power grid to 100 percent renewable energy with less than the money/debt we've blown on the COVID-19 response, which is also much less than what we've spent on the "War on Terror" over the last decade. This country could achieve a lot if we had our priorities in different places.
                                "...we do not do things because they are easy, we do them because they are hard..." can mean two very different things, pending how they are looked at. America is way overdue for an infrastructure renovation.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X