Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    I was just playing devils advocate here, since I don't think there's anyone else who posts here on this side of the isle in regards to this topic... and it's fun to see what people have to say, but my advocacy has elicited butthurt rather than discourse.
    No, you're right, there's nobody spewing climate science denial anywhere on the internet. I hadn't even thought of that. My bad.

I'll just leave this here..
    Click image for larger version  Name:	global_temperature_over_my_lifetime.png Views:	0 Size:	223.8 KB ID:	10029420
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

This current iteration of data presentation was organized at the end of the last administration, and similar data sets have been readily available online since around 2004 from NASA.

Basically, while spikes in temp/melting/CO2 are ABSOLUTELY NORMAL over a huge time scale we are clearly seeing a significantly larger spike than usual in the last ~50 years. Could this be temporary, sure. Does it seem likely that it is based on the data we have, no so much.

Remember, we are also in the midst of a normal cyclical spike, the problem is, that spike probably doesn't end for at least a few hundred years.

Ultimately, even if this is a temporary spike, over a 50-200 year time scale, it very likely that it will be extremely detrimental to human life as we know it in the next 50-80 years, not to mention the rest of the planet, and if we have the ability push it the other way (using tech to adapt the planet to our needs like we do), or not make the situation worse why should we not at least try?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

Ultimately, even if this is a temporary spike, over a 50-200 year time scale, it very likely that it will be extremely detrimental to human life as we know it in the next 50-80 years, not to mention the rest of the planet, and if we have the ability push it the other way (using tech to adapt the planet to our needs like we do), or not make the situation worse why should we not at least try?
        This is what I find crazy, by at least trying we are creating jobs and new technologies and therefor even economically its beneficial. The worst part though is that the earth will be fine at the end of this, the only thing we are doing is killing ourselves.

Comment

Working...
        X