No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't post those quotes to debunk anything, rather point out that the science is continuous and there's much to be explained and discovered. The wrong part of AGW ideology is coming to a hard conclusion and using this false conclusion on a political level.
    The point of the norse quote is their inability to adapt. Unlike other civilizations that are known to have migrated due to environmental change. Not that we should start packing, but use the technology we have to adapt to the circumstances, human-made or not.
    The idea that we can change everything with just lobbied political decisions and taxes is retarded. Even being optimistic, the EU and US might actually see positive change at a huge expense, but expecting Asia's manufacturing boom to comply to this is plain humor. China, India etc. don't give a rat's ass. So while we "first world countries" spend everything on being clean, they'll balance that difference manfacturing all the shit we need (and want) and can't manufacture because we've basically over-regulated ourselves. Some EU regulations have requirements that are so expensive to imply, that companies cannot be competitive on the market.

And I'm contemplating buying an electric motorcycle, a friend already has one. The only reason being it would pay off in a year of my city driving and then save a couple dimes = completely selfish reasoning on my behalf.
    Last edited by Fusion; 09-04-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
      Governments fund AGW research because it's reality, how peculiar that those with financial interests in fossil fuels are backing research to deny it. Or...wait

Nvm, they're not funded at all.

You're a class act, you're straight up trying to deny what anyone can find out with a simple google search? Pathetic, truly pathetic.
      Makes me wonder why you bother with him at all

Accusations that climate science is money-driven reveal ignorance of how science is done

Comment

He's old, he probably forgets where he is half the time. Show your elders some respect.

Comment

you don't need a study to understand government funding of climate research and how it affects the results. tell me why any government funded scientist is going to produce any research showing AGW is false.
          and you guys that think science is completely above politics, that the AGW scientists are all ethical and moral, are deluding yourselves. its a sick joke

and age means i've seen AGW type manufactured controversies before. you're just too wet behind the ears to know.

i forgive you for being too young too know any better
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
            you don't need a study to understand government funding of climate research and how it affects the results. tell me why any government funded scientist is going to produce any research showing AGW is false.
            Because they are scientists and their mission in life is searching for the truth, no matter how revolutionary it might be.

Now, believe me, I know you don't understand anything about what I'm saying. So you're just going to have to take my word that there are people more interested in the truth than an agenda.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Because science isn't Faux News.

Comment

You're old so you're right, gotcha!

You do realize that not all climate research is govt funded right, yet still the overwhelming majority done by reputable academics points towards AGW?

You seem to love speaking in absolutes and that all climate research is corrupted or that anyone here is claiming all scientists to be ethical...give it a break. Your tactics are transparent as the bifocals your geriatric ass needs to read you conspiracy propaganda bullshit. No one is claiming that the side with 97% in consensus is without unethical people so stop trying to use that to discredit us at narrow minded.

This is evidently more an argument in politics and finances for you. Instead of bringing research to the table, you and your side put most of your efforts into trying to discredit the opposition through dragging them through the dirt whilst the vast majority on the AGW side ignore what you crackpots are spouting off about and carry on with their research. Sad, sad little man.

Comment

wow cale
                  done ranting?
                  i at least know i can be wrong, unlike rwh who is impressed with herself

thankfully your side has lost the argument in the real wirld the rest of us live in.
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Cale, let the idiot have the echo chamber he wants/needs.

Comment

thankfully your side has lost the argument in the real wirld the rest of us live in.
                      We lost? News to me and the entire academic world

Comment

If you and Glenn Beck are in "the real world" I'll happily stay in fantasy land with the majority. You contribute nothing of value to this thread ...not...a....thing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                          If you and Glenn Beck are in "the real world" I'll happily stay in fantasy land with the majority. You contribute nothing of value to this thread ...not...a....thing.
                          Because gwb only hangs out with other RWNJs, he experiences an extreme case of the false-consensus effect.

Originally posted by cale
                          You seem to love speaking in absolutes and that all climate research is corrupted or that anyone here is claiming all scientists to be ethical...give it a break.
                          Like in every other thread in which he argues, all experts who support his point are legitimate and their arguments are valid, but all of the opposition are wrong and on the take.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                            Because they are scientists and their mission in life is searching for the truth, no matter how revolutionary it might be.

Now, believe me, I know you don't understand anything about what I'm saying. So you're just going to have to take my word that there are people more interested in the truth than an agenda.
                            i have waterfront in florida to sell you
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                              I'll happily stay in fantasy land with the majority.
                              i thought it was a consensus, not just a majority.
                              glad to see you're making progress herbie.
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                                Because gwb only hangs out with other RWNJs, he experiences an extreme case of the false-consensus effect.

Like in every other thread in which he argues, all experts who support his point are legitimate and their arguments are valid, but all of the opposition are wrong and on the take.

Sounds a lot like you actually.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                                X