No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy we have been refencing here lately is a good place to start, why dont you see where that takes you.

The now bankrupt and gone "Cap and trade bank" an those that were heavily involved with it. IIRC it was called Shore Bank or Lake Shore Bank based out of Chicago. If the lists have not been scrubbed form the internet by the legion of Tides foundation beneficiaries by now you will be surprised by the names that were involved in it and those names will lead you in a big circle jerk of Climate Change funding. Its all about the money man not saving the planet
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

We're talking some of the most profitable corporations in the world up against environmentalists. There is absolutely no way to argue that there's more money available for scientists who accept climate change than those who deny it.

Comment

You have not done any learning yet have you
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
          We're talking some of the most profitable corporations in the world up against environmentalists. There is absolutely no way to argue that there's more money available for scientists who accept climate change than those who deny it.
          This is not true. There most certainly is a way to argue that, not that I'm saying that argument is correct.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by JinormusJ
          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            You have not done any learning yet have you
            Nor have you it seems. At this point it doesn't matter who is funding who. The facts are the facts. Here are some facts:
            Phytoplankton has fallen in half over the last 60 years. Phytoplankton is the worlds largest source of organic matter.
            The Petermann glacier in Greenland calves an iceberg 4 times the size of Manhattan in 2010.
            2012 is the hottest year on record. 7 of the top 10 warmest years on record have occurred in the last 15 years, despite the cooling influence from La Nina.
            Since 1980 solar activity has decreased and has had a slight cooling effect on our climate, despite our climate getting warmer.
            Annual maximum daily precipitation has increased globally, although locally there have been more extreme precipitation patterns, with increasing precipitation in the northern regions and decreasing precipitation patterns in southern regions.
            Sea level is rising Everywhere. That is a fact.
            The extent of Arctic sea ice reached a new record low in 2012.
            Mosquito pathogens that normally stayed around tropical areas have increased in amount and distance. For example, Dengue Fever has had a 4 fold increase in Mexico in the past decade. Uruguay reported its first case in 90 years.
            Colorado and many other states are losing vast acres of pine forest each year due to the Mountain Pine Beetle. A combination of drought and warmer than usual winters are to blame.
            North America has had a 5 fold increase in extreme weather events.

I could go on and on with the facts. The facts are the planet is warming, the chemistry of the oceans are changing, and the last time we had this much Carbon in the atmosphere was 20 million years ago when the oceans were 100 feet higher. You can argue who funds who all day long, but you can't argue with facts. There is nothing in our climate history that suggests the rate of change we are experiencing falls in line with normal changes. Other than perhaps an asteroid impact, the earths climate has never experienced this rate of change ever.
            You may want to start reading up on some innovating farming practices if you plan on sticking around for the next 50 years.
            sigpic

Comment

But it's not fact, Forbes told us Heartland says so.

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                Nor have you it seems. At this point it doesn't matter who is funding who. The facts are the facts. Here are some facts:
                Phytoplankton has fallen in half over the last 60 years. Phytoplankton is the worlds largest source of organic matter.
                The Petermann glacier in Greenland calves an iceberg 4 times the size of Manhattan in 2010.
                2012 is the hottest year on record. 7 of the top 10 warmest years on record have occurred in the last 15 years, despite the cooling influence from La Nina.
                Since 1980 solar activity has decreased and has had a slight cooling effect on our climate, despite our climate getting warmer.
                Annual maximum daily precipitation has increased globally, although locally there have been more extreme precipitation patterns, with increasing precipitation in the northern regions and decreasing precipitation patterns in southern regions.
                Sea level is rising Everywhere. That is a fact.
                The extent of Arctic sea ice reached a new record low in 2012.
                Mosquito pathogens that normally stayed around tropical areas have increased in amount and distance. For example, Dengue Fever has had a 4 fold increase in Mexico in the past decade. Uruguay reported its first case in 90 years.
                Colorado and many other states are losing vast acres of pine forest each year due to the Mountain Pine Beetle. A combination of drought and warmer than usual winters are to blame.
                North America has had a 5 fold increase in extreme weather events.

I could go on and on with the facts. The facts are the planet is warming, the chemistry of the oceans are changing, and the last time we had this much Carbon in the atmosphere was 20 million years ago when the oceans were 100 feet higher. You can argue who funds who all day long, but you can't argue with facts. There is nothing in our climate history that suggests the rate of change we are experiencing falls in line with normal changes. Other than perhaps an asteroid impact, the earths climate has never experienced this rate of change ever.
                You may want to start reading up on some innovating farming practices if you plan on sticking around for the next 50 years.
                I am going to clear this up one last time.

I dont think I have ever said the climate is not warming up a bit. I am skeptical of the cause you fanatics cite and blame. Being the ball of dirt has a long history of tumultuous weather, the relativity stable long term weather patten that has been around since the last ice age (roughly)is rather uncharacteristic of the weather, around here.

Your chosen warming trigger is what find a bit humorous, and natural phenomenon that gives us life and drives our weather patterns is not a stable thing either, there for our weather is tied to it.

I blame the that thing that is 93m miles away and if I stand out in it long enough it will burn my ass. Its how when you stand it you can feel that energy. I am sure if the ancient peoples that were alive 15k years ago were here, they would flip out because its so warm here and there are not mile thick sheets of Ice all over the place and they are standing on dirt not snow and ice. I really love how you all totally discount the many Ice age cycles this planet has been though even though there were no humans on the face of it to warm it up oh wait giant reptile farts or mastodon farts did it right. Or when Natural CO2 levels were many many many times higher than they are now, life still flourished on this planet. This is why I dont understand how educated people can discount all of this, this is why I view the AGW people that believe it so strongly as more of a Religious cult.

The money that is behind the AGW thing, and the those who are looking to extract trillions more of it from all of society not to help stop whats going to happen naturally but to line their collective pockets, while using the guise of saving the planet. The only way to maybe stop this if our CO2 emissions are to blame is to kill off about 4-5 Billion humans, and go back to subsistence hunter gather societies, I am sure you dont want to do that either. Its all about the money, not saving the planet .
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

I love deniers parading ignorance as intelligence.

Shocking news for you sleeve, life which evolved in a climate warmer than todays =/= life being shocked into the same temperature without having time to evolve successfully. Time and time again do the deniers try to discredit what is told to them by biologists and climatologists by providing these half ass comparisons and proposition of "well fuck, it happened before so it's fine now". You can't take an organism from one environment and put it in a significantly different one on the assumption that because other organisms have survived before. It's called evolution you nitwits, it needs to happen for adaption to run its course. Just because some fish have migrated from salt to fresh water does not mean you can uproot any oceanic fish and toss them in a lake and expect anything less than a carpet of belly up fish.

Comment

I am going to clear this up one last time.

I dont think I have ever said the climate is not warming up a bit. I am skeptical of the cause you fanatics cite and blame. Being the ball of dirt has a long history of tumultuous weather, the relativity stable long term weather patten that has been around since the last ice age (roughly)is rather uncharacteristic of the weather, around here.

Your chosen warming trigger is what find a bit humorous, and natural phenomenon that gives us life and drives our weather patterns is not a stable thing either, there for our weather is tied to it.

I blame the that thing that is 93m miles away and if I stand out in it long enough it will burn my ass. Its how when you stand it you can feel that energy. I am sure if the ancient peoples that were alive 15k years ago were here, they would flip out because its so warm here and there are not mile thick sheets of Ice all over the place and they are standing on dirt not snow and ice. I really love how you all totally discount the many Ice age cycles this planet has been though even though there were no humans on the face of it to warm it up oh wait giant reptile farts or mastodon farts did it right. Or when Natural CO2 levels were many many many times higher than they are now, life still flourished on this planet. This is why I dont understand how educated people can discount all of this, this is why I view the AGW people that believe it so strongly as more of a Religious cult.

The money that is behind the AGW thing, and the those who are looking to extract trillions more of it from all of society not to help stop whats going to happen naturally but to line their collective pockets, while using the guise of saving the planet. The only way to maybe stop this if our CO2 emissions are to blame is to kill off about 4-5 Billion humans, and go back to subsistence hunter gather societies, I am sure you dont want to do that either. Its all about the money, not saving the planet .
                    I'm pretty sure you did not clear anything up besides the fact that you can ramble about Earth history without details and sweep all changes under the sun's blame instead of how changes in the composition of the atmosphere affects the effects the sun has on the Earth.

Your hero (Thomas Jefferson) did not track temperature changes to just assume everything was natural without influence from man.

People don't study science to have others make sweeping baseless assumptions which ignore research and data.

Comment

Yup

Survival of the fittest that's why life is still here you nitwit, and life will still be here after we are long gone.

William Pitt-

Comment

You're right. Therefore we should artificially increase the temperature at an obnoxious rate, force all the weak creatures to die out leaving the strong. It's brilliant! Luckily for you, it's also what we're basically doing ATM.

Comment

Yup

Survival of the fittest that's why life is still here you nitwit, and life will still be here after we are long gone.
                          Originally posted by cale View Post
                          You're right. Therefore we should artificially increase the temperature at an obnoxious rate, force all the weak creatures to die out leaving the strong. It's brilliant! Luckily for you, it's also what we're basically doing ATM.
                          Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                          Let's just hope that Monsanto's drought-tolerant corn is developed and adopted in use in time for climate change to only have a reduced influence on starving people or at least massively raising food prices. Let's hope not too many dairy operations go bust because of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                            Let's just hope that Monsanto's drought-tolerant corn is developed and adopted in use in time for climate change to only have a reduced influence on starving people or at least massively raising food prices. Let's hope not too many dairy operations go bust because of this year.
                            Unfortunately Monsanto and industrial farming practices rely heavily on oil, which is not sustainable. We will need to do more innovative organic farming that requires about 10 times more farmers to produce more food per acre under more extreme weather events than the best current unsustainable practices. It is possible to live sustainably with our current population, but not under our current economic model.
                            Sleeve, as usual, you come to your own opinions based on your own beliefs and observations rather than scientific evidence and facts, similar to most religions.
                            sigpic

Comment

CO2 a trace gas that has a greenhouse effect that is inversely proportional to quantity, you should all know this, In other words it takes a 4 fold increase to double the green house effect.

Up the wrong tree you are barking that harmless gas you want to come out of all our tail pipes when we swap to H2 fuel cells, water vapor is not so harmless when it comes to green house effect.

William Pitt-

Comment

Whut? Water is a greenhouse gas? We need to stop the thoughtless human production of water vapor! It's also dangerous because people drown in it, lets wipe this scourge on the earth out within the next generation, otherwise we just are not thinking about the kids. We should be drinking Brawndo anyway. It's got what plants crave!

Comment

Working...
                                X