X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninety4e36
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Conservatives will always hate foreign aid because they hate foreigners. They think that Americans are superior to all others and we need only look inward, never outward. Preventing malaria? Not important. Saving children from malnutrition? Who cares. Eradicating polio? Whatever. We're the greatest country on earth so why bother helping anyone else.
    That's a very left wing statement. I consider myself a conservative and I don't hate foreigners. More so I hate the people who move to this country and live off the system. Also we can't solve everyone's problems. People have been getting sick and dying for a long time, there will be more people who die and there will be more disease. That's life, I don't think we should just be giving out that money like we do.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Conservatives will always hate foreign aid because they hate foreigners. They think that Americans are superior to all others and we need only look inward, never outward. Preventing malaria? Not important. Saving children from malnutrition? Who cares. Eradicating polio? Whatever. We're the greatest country on earth so why bother helping anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    you guys get all bent up about the $4 billion we give out in aide, but the trillions we spent on 2 completely pointless wars that probably created even more enemies, terrorists and instability than we started with are A-OK right?

$4 billion is a pittance when our congressmen wipe their asses in $10000 bills.

Leave a comment:

• evandael
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    ^
    Um you are aware lots of other countries have their own engineers and contractors. Dont be so quick to defend

yes. but you don't suppose that those that dole out the money have any say as to whose hands it ends up in? don't be so quick to condemn.

Leave a comment:

• ethrtyiS
    replied
    'merica.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    ^
    Um you are aware lots of other countries have their own engineers and contractors. Dont be so quick to defend

Federal Spending is around $4T (can't remember exactly off the top of my head). 0.1% of $4T is $4B, which is about the total amount we spend on foreign aid each year.

Which we barrow 46% of. Your a spread the weath kinda guy. wouldn't you rater see that 3/4 of a billion dollars given to those in need here in the states. Thats 15.4 million if divided equally among the states. Since after all its all of our money and we are the ones that are going to have to pay the interest on all of that debt.

Its like borrowing 100 grand on your credit card and giving it to the people on TV late night for the Christians child fund. Then handing the Credit card bill to your neighbors, your kids, and your neighbors kids.

Leave a comment:

• evandael
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
    Absolutely sickening... discuss your thoughts of the US funding these projects overseas while Americans at home are struggling and are on the hook to pay for this?

you don't suppose that most of that money is coming back to America, via construction material purchases, American contracting companies, architects, engineering firms, or the like?

don't be so dense. what's more sickening is the wads of cash we've blown on bombing those places in the past decades.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by travish325 View Post
    .1% is foreign aid which is at least 770 million?

.1%?

Does anyone understand how much money federal spending is, if only .1% is 770 million.

trillions and trillions of dollars. You cant even fathom that much. Like I said money is fucking fake. 1 trillion dollars is not even a real number and the U.S just throws it away like toilet paper lol sit back and think about that much money. It cant be real lol especially if its just thrown away
    Federal Spending is around $4T (can't remember exactly off the top of my head). 0.1% of $4T is $4B, which is about the total amount we spend on foreign aid each year.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
    Because Pakistan is such a great ally to have and they help us a love us for all the aid we send there.
    keep your friends close.

keep your enemies closer.

Leave a comment:

• travish325
    replied
    Foreign aid accounts for 0.1% of Federal Spending. Ya, that'll make a dent in the deficit

.1% is foreign aid which is at least 770 million?

.1%?

Does anyone understand how much money federal spending is, if only .1% is 770 million.

trillions and trillions of dollars. You cant even fathom that much. Like I said money is fucking fake. 1 trillion dollars is not even a real number and the U.S just throws it away like toilet paper lol sit back and think about that much money. It cant be real lol especially if its just thrown away

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Foreign aid accounts for 0.1% of Federal Spending. Ya, that'll make a dent in the deficit

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Because Pakistan is such a great ally to have and they help us a love us for all the aid we send there.

Leave a comment:

• ColdAccord
    replied
    lol at cutting foreign aid. just like campaign donations, we give people money to keep them on our side. cut aid to pakistan and watch how quickly we all get nuked.

Leave a comment:

• travish325
    replied
    money is fake.

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Those poor nations had just as much time on this earth as we have. Those Muslim nations choose to languish in the old days instead of go forth and be productive members of the world population (Kinda like the Christians of old).

They need no funding from us. Seriously, don't worry about the thorn in another's eye when we have a fucking board in ours. (Yeah, I paraphrased that one)

That's be like me taking loans to give to the guy sitting at the stoplight on exit 92 of I64. All he's going to do with it is but booze and cigarettes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X