No announcement yet.

Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really taking a toll on the WH and Barry himself. I mean, missing his weekly golf game?

Not being able to go out on the town to those 5 star restaurants?

Must be terrible.

http://news.yahoo.com/shutdown-takes...-politics.html
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      ^
      OK spelling Nazi sorry a phone post missed a d and had a couple of letters twisted up, I think you should have been able to gleen vindictive out of that

I have been saying something along the lines of distraction since this started. Not to mention why should the hipocarcy not be pointed out.......

The point is they are closed to the public unless it happens to be a rally for a cause the whitehouse likes ummmmmmm. Yeah no big deal at all with that. Nothing to see here move along
      I figured you were typing on the phone :p

if it's even more than a couple sentences, I won't even try.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        that's merely a distraction from what's really happening, but nice try.
        So, what about closing the FDA and investigating the large salmonella outbreak?

Surely there are other things they could have closed to keep this dept open?

It's indicative of the mindset of the Administration.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
          apparently you're too lazy to click the link? or supply contradictory facts?
          I clicked on the link, unfortunately.

wasn't surprised to find it was a right wing nutjob attack blog, but thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            So, what about closing the FDA and investigating the large salmonella outbreak?

Surely there are other things they could have closed to keep this dept open?

It's indicative of the mindset of the Administration.
            No, its indicative of idiot GOP members holding our country hostage for their bullshit causes.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
              No, its indicative of idiot GOP members holding our country hostage for their bullshit causes.
              But the executive gets pick and chose how the remaining funding is utlitzed...................

Who occupies the executives chair again
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                But the executive gets pick and chose how the remaining funding is utlitzed...................

Who occupies the executives chair again
                I love how you'll give a pass on the shutdown because you don't like ACA but when it comes to shutting down parks you're far more harsh in your assessment of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                  I love how you'll give a pass on the shutdown because you don't like ACA but when it comes to shutting down parks you're far more harsh in your assessment of the situation.
                  Jesus, is it impossible for either of you to be rational?

Yes, the R's are being idiots. No doubt.

Yes, the D's are intentionally trying to make the shutdown as painful as possible to make the R's look as bad as possible.

Everything always being "the other guys fault" is precisely why nothing gets accomplished in this country.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I never said anything like that

the closing of the parks is a sideshow compared to the damage the GOP is inflicting (and trying to inflict) on the economy.

How does it make you feel that people like Bachmann are happy that the government shut down? the fact that it was planned almost a year ago by billionaire plutocrats? none of that means anything to you? the fact that they are so terrified that ACA may be a success, they are willing to do anything, including crippling the US economy and government, to stop it?

or are they for improving the economy? except for when they aren't, of course.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Manic:

I agree with you. The houses plan has back fired because the d and 0 think they are winning ( Obama quote btw). And called the bluff or at the very least a tactic to get the delay the R really wanted. Now the admin is using the opertunity to fuck with the public as much as he can to get them back in his corner and in line, and swing more independents back to the D from what seems like a conservitive migration and boost his slipping poll numbers and at the same time hindering and killing what was/is shaping up to be a R take over in the midterms

This is a dangerous game he is playing and could backfire just as easilly as well. But its far more dangerous to all of us as none of us really matter to the game they are playing
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I get the distrust of the Obama administration (the NSA and drone stuff is scary as #$%&), but that's not what this is about - this was a planned shutdown by an extreme fringe of a dying party backed by a handful of billionaires. a last ditch effort to get their way, when they don't have the votes to do so (nor the majority of americans behind them).

I think Obama should stand his ground to avoid setting the precedent - it wouldn't be any better to me, if it were the other way around and the dems were doing the same thing.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Also like I said in my 1st post in the thread this is a ruse or a trigger for something a bit more sinister........ I don't really trust any of them

William Pitt-

Comment

more sinister than a default of US obligations? on purpose?

I can't imagine it being worse than that. :(
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I think Obama should stand his ground to avoid setting the precedent - it wouldn't be any better to me, if it were the other way around and the dems were doing the same thing.
                              Agree, it would set a terrible precedent if they cave in on this. We need to get rid of the debt ceiling permanently so that we're not put into yearly episodes of complete uncertainty as the minority stake in the house holds the country hostage.

more sinister than a default of US obligations? on purpose?

I can't imagine it being worse than that. :(
                              False flag!

Comment

I get the distrust of the Obama administration (the NSA and drone stuff is scary as #$%&), but that's not what this is about - this was a planned shutdown by an extreme fringe of a dying party backed by a handful of billionaires. a last ditch effort to get their way, when they don't have the votes to do so (nor the majority of americans behind them).

I feel like that's the most logical thought / option as well.

Article I read earlier today:

Exclusive: The fiscal crisis in Washington is not simply a threat to economic and government stability, as serious as that is. It is a premeditated scheme to carve out a new constitutional structure that gives the Koch Brothers and other right-wing billionaires the power to void the democratic proce

Investigators often say "follow the money".

I wish money was not part of politics, but without a massive shift and people actually caring it doesn't seem even plausible. And as I'm sure some would argue, money has been a part of politics all along or too far back to change now.

Crap, I just realized I posted in this subforum, bahhh. Told myself I wouldn't.
                                Last edited by DEV0 E30; 10-08-2013, 01:36 PM.
                                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X