Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

just like those retards that rammed 0 care though with out reading it. You remember we have to pass it find out whats in it, and didnt do too much negotiating on it when it went though in the 1st place. Many of those R's are in their seats in response to 0 care in the 1st place. They are doing what they were hired by their constituency to do right?????
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

The National Data Buoy Center's home page. The premier source of meteorological and oceanographic measurements for the marine environment.

Have fun with your next winter storm.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        ^

just like those retards that rammed 0 care though with out reading it. You remember we have to pass it find out whats in it, and didnt do too much negotiating on it when it went though in the 1st place. Many of those R's are in their seats in response to 0 care in the 1st place. They are doing what they were hired by their constituency to do right?????
        Nothing was rammed, everything was read and heavily debated over and over. It was one of the most heavily negotiated and revised bills to ever be passed through Congress. Your statements are outright false.

Sure, I'm aware that these dumbfucks were elected as knee jerk reactions to ACA but that doesn't necessarily mean it takes priority over keeping the government running.

There's no reason for this to be tied to a continuing resolution other than a last ditch effort to block legislation that they wouldn't otherwise be able to overturn. You would be pissing mad if the roles were reversed and the dems were trying to use a similar situation to enact severe firearms legislation.

Comment

It wont last past Oct 16, sucks for those of you peeps who arent getting paid. When I dont show up for work and dont do my job I dont get paid, neither should the people who failed to do their job
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It's a botched situation no matter the angle you look at it. They all need to be kicked out, every single partisan panderer.

Maybe congress should have MADE A BUDGET FOR 2013 instead of just doing a CR. ...they should have had a budget together already for 2014, not be dealing with 2013's budget...in October.

I guess when your currency isn't backed by anything at all, your so far in debt you'll never get out or be able to indefinitely manage the interest payments, what's the point of a budget anyhow. The ship's sinking and all hands on deck are just going to sit around and finish off the rest of the booze at the wet bar.
            ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
              It's a botched situation no matter the angle you look at it. They all need to be kicked out, every single partisan panderer.

Maybe congress should have MADE A BUDGET FOR 2013 instead of just doing a CR. ...they should have had a budget together already for 2014, not be dealing with 2013's budget...in October.

I guess when your currency isn't backed by anything at all, your so far in debt you'll never get out or be able to indefinitely manage the interest payments, what's the point of a budget anyhow. The ship's sinking and all hands on deck are just going to sit around and finish off the rest of the booze at the wet bar.
              you made good points until that last paragraph, which is total nonsense. Of course in a couple weeks if they do the same thing over the debt ceiling, then you'll be right - because the goodwill and faith of the US government will be completely destroyed (which is what backs our currency).
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Barry signed a bill beforehand that made it so the military still got paid.

Can't have an unpaid military. Who knows what would happen then.

This is pretty interesting.

Why other countries don't shut down their governments. Except Australia, once, for a few hours in 1975

I do find it interesting how a week or so ago, we were all gung-ho to slam some US steel into the ground in Syria, yet now we can't even keep open air, outdoor national parks open.
                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    Nothing was rammed, everything was read and heavily debated over and over. It was one of the most heavily negotiated and revised bills to ever be passed through Congress. Your statements are outright false.

Sure, I'm aware that these dumbfucks were elected as knee jerk reactions to ACA but that doesn't necessarily mean it takes priority over keeping the government running.

There's no reason for this to be tied to a continuing resolution other than a last ditch effort to block legislation that they wouldn't otherwise be able to overturn. You would be pissing mad if the roles were reversed and the dems were trying to use a similar situation to enact severe firearms legislation.

I'll say it again, they put an offer on the table this past weekend which would have kept the gov't running, Obamacare funded (but the individual mandate delayed for 1 year, just like the White House did for businesses), but the D's in the Senate refused.

Set up straw mans, etc. The fact is, the R's put together a decent bill and it was shunned in the name of partisan politics.

Ugh, I'm so tired of the elitist bastards in Washington.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

they did, but of course the senate amended it and passed it back down to the house. So answer the question - why didn't the house vote on the bill? if they didn't like it, they could have voted it down, but they chose not to vote at all.

the reason is, it would have likely passed. the tea party is a minority even within republicans. they WANTED to shut down the government - that was the only purpose of the exercise. it was obvious to everyone including republicans that Obama wasn't going to let them repeal ACA.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        they did, but of course the senate amended it and passed it back down to the house.

What was the bill that the house passed to the Senate, and what part was amended and sent back to the House to vote?
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I think you know the answer to that question, are you trying to bait me or something?

it was a bill without the ACA nonsense tied into it. just to fund the government.

so again, why didn't they bring it to a vote?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            I think you know the answer to that question, are you trying to bait me or something?

it was a bill without the ACA nonsense tied into it. just to fund the government.
                            That is not true...
                            Last edited by Vedubin01; 10-03-2013, 07:14 AM.
                            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              I'll say it again, they put an offer on the table this past weekend which would have kept the gov't running, Obamacare funded (but the individual mandate delayed for 1 year, just like the White House did for businesses), but the D's in the Senate refused.

Set up straw mans, etc. The fact is, the R's put together a decent bill and it was shunned in the name of partisan politics.

Ugh, I'm so tired of the elitist bastards in Washington.
                              What strawman?

What's your definition of a reasonable bill? Because the Senate passed several of them which included lots of cuts compared to what Obama originally wanted. Why are you deeming a minority holding us hostage as "reasonable" when the Senate passed something that is reasonable?

In one breath you claimed that none of these dumbfucks actually care about us...so why do you assume that their effort to fuck the chicken for the 42nd time on this issue is anything other than a partisan effort to jerk off their tea party constituents?

Comment

'Financially Challenged Legislators' Have No Clue What Default Would Really Mean

thought it was an interesting read
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X