Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    they did, but of course the senate amended it and passed it back down to the house. So answer the question - why didn't the house vote on the bill? if they didn't like it, they could have voted it down, but they chose not to vote at all.

the reason is, it would have likely passed. the tea party is a minority even within republicans. they WANTED to shut down the government - that was the only purpose of the exercise. it was obvious to everyone including republicans that Obama wasn't going to let them repeal ACA.
    Delaying the individual mandate for 1 year, like has been done for businesses, is NOT repealing Obummercare.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I never said it was (although that is their goal).

so why didn't they just vote down the senate bill? were they afraid it would pass?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I never said it was (although that is their goal).

so why didn't they just vote down the senate bill? were they afraid it would pass?
        Then why didn't the Senate pass the House bill?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

they did. they amended it and passed it. Then the house decided not to vote.

you still haven't answered the question?
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

they did. they amended it and passed it. Then the house decided not to vote.

you still haven't answered the question?
            They did NOT pass the bill the House sent them, you even point it out in your own post. They AMENDED it, which means it has to be......never mind.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

of course they did! why wouldn't they have?

it still doesn't answer the question. So the house didn't like the Senate bill, right? Then why didn't they vote on it?

this is the answer:

Boehner is reportedly blocking a vote on a Senate-approved measure to fund the federal government for the next six weeks, fearing backlash from the most conservative members of his party
              the answer is they won't vote, because they know it will pass, even in the house with a conservative majority.
              Last edited by nando; 10-03-2013, 11:03 AM.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                Delaying the individual mandate for 1 year, like has been done for businesses, is NOT repealing Obummercare.
                Ask yourself "what the reason behind this effort to delay the individual mandate?"

It has nothing to do with fairness or because businesses received a delay in implementing it and everything to do with undermining the new insurance exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                  Ask yourself "what the reason behind this effort to delay the individual mandate?"

It has nothing to do with fairness or because businesses received a delay in implementing it and everything to do with undermining the new insurance exchanges.
                  So, Obama undermined his own exchange by delaying the business mandate? And giving special exemptions to hundreds of businesses?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

of course they did! why wouldn't they have?

it still doesn't answer the question. So the house didn't like the Senate bill, right? Then why didn't they vote on it?

this is the answer:

the answer is they won't vote, because they know it will pass, even in the house with a conservative majority.

Because they didn't like it. Just like Reid tables bills that go to the Senate all the time.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

huh? so you agree?

the senate amended, voted, and passed the funding bill. At that point, the ball was in the house's court. that's indisputable. the question isn't whether you or I like what the senate passed - it's what did the house do and why?
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Whelp, things are really shut down now.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/8383...oter-arrested/
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

huh? so you agree?

the senate amended, voted, and passed the funding bill. At that point, the ball was in the house's court. that's indisputable. the question isn't whether you or I like what the senate passed - it's what did the house do and why?

The House created and passed a bill and sent it to the Senate. The Senate then CHANGED the bill and passed it.

Then the House didn't vote on it.

So it's OK for the Senate to change/ignore bills, but it's not OK for the House?

I guess I'm just confused by your apparent position, am I reading you wrong?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                            Whelp, things are really shut down now.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/8383...oter-arrested/
                            So the shooting is nuts, but I was perusing that site. I think I have a new favorite news site.
                            sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                              So the shooting is nuts, but I was perusing that site. I think I have a new favorite news site.
                              So the shots came from the police as they were trying to stop this person ramming the gate

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                So, Obama undermined his own exchange by delaying the business mandate? And giving special exemptions to hundreds of businesses?
                                Oh, there's that strawman you were talking about. It was yours all along.

Comment

Working...
                                X