X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Insert illuminati music here
    I'm on it, Captain!

"Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
    The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
      I think its important to venture and understand more about what surrounds us and predict many outcomes.

But, I think our attention should be us first. A lot of that money should be going to curing cancer, Parkinson, our schools, our roads, affordable electric engines ect. Wasn't Detroit bankrupt.. Don't we have groups of SOB's trying to hurt Americans and other countries..

They put those snaps weekly to keep American at bay from thinking "hey so where is all that money going" and it will help get more funding

You do realize how many technological advances have happened because of NASA and the mission of space exploration, right?
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

What is that?! A pyramid for ants?

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

all i'm trying to figure out is why this is in P&R

Comment

Because Jesus made it!!!!

Comment

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0504...nMars2_gcc.jpg

not a rock but the original picture from NASA, from when I worked at KSC,
              88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
                I think our attention should be us first. A lot of that money should be going to curing cancer, Parkinson, our schools, our roads, affordable electric engines ect. Wasn't Detroit bankrupt.. Don't we have groups of SOB's trying to hurt Americans and other countries..

They put those snaps weekly to keep American at bay from thinking "hey so where is all that money going" and it will help get more funding
                "...the overall annual NASA budget is only about 0.5% of U.S. Government spending. That's half a penny of every tax dollar. By comparison, in 2012, the government spent the same amount of money on Farm Subsidies (0.4%) and Agricultural Research (0.1%) as it did on NASA. And these numbers pale in comparison to the real big ticket items -- Defense (24.8%) Social Security (22%), and Healthcare (22.7%).

[...]

The design, R&D, and manufacture of satellites, rockets, and other space-related technologies--and employing tens of thousands of people to do it--pump billions of dollars into the U.S. economy. Studies estimate a $7-$14 return on investment for every $1 of NASA expenditure, with all of it going directly back into the U.S. Treasury."

Source. You should consider reading the whole article.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                You do realize how many technological advances have happened because of NASA and the mission of space exploration, right?
                It's more than most people think...

1. Velcro*
                2. Teflon*
                3. Scratch resistant lenses
                4. Freeze dried food
                5. Sports shoes (shock absorbers, stability and motion control)
                6. Cordless power tools
                7. CAT and MRI scanners (so anyone with fractures or internal injuries can thank NASA for this technology allowing doctors to see what’s wrong in your body).
                8. Light emitting diodes (can be used for cancer treatment and promote faster healing of wounds).
                9. Infrared technology
                10. Mammography systems (reducing need for biopsies due to better breast cancer detection).
                11. Miniature heart assist device (implanted into patients waiting for a heart transplant).
                12. Memory foam
                13. Sunglasses (the technology of the lense being able to filter out UV rays).
                14. Water purification systems
                15. All manner of protective coatings (used on tools, vehicles, buildings and bridges)
                16. Kidney dialysis machines
                17. Medical rehabilitation equipment
                18. Insulation (specifically aluminium and propylene/mylar)
                19. Retroreflectors (used as a sensor to detect hazardous gases in oil development, chemical planets and waste storage sites)
                20. Anthrax detection system
                21. Wireless light switches
                22. Decontamination processes (specifically for areas contaminated by chemicals, used by many companies)
                23. WARP-10 (a portable pain reliever for muscle and joint pain)
                24. Patient harnesses (to assist patients recovering from traumatic brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, hip/knee replacements, etc.)
                25. Crash test models (and dummies)
                26. Liquidmetal (used in a large range of sporting equipment, jewelry, watches, mobile phones, orthopedic implants, and coatings).
                27. Navigation systems for planes allowing terrain recognition in all conditions
                28. Gas sensor (used by aircraft to detect dangerous weather conditions and avoid them).
                29. Eye surgery equipment (improving on LASIK)
                30. Bank terminal technology

Source

*Although according to NASA Spinoff, these products were already invented; they just gained popularity/notoriety from the space program.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

3 simple tricks that space doctors don't want you to know!
                  world renown Harry Potter expert
                  sigpic

Comment

also, apparently, WD-40 and supersoakers

Comment

Doesn't look like a naturally occuring formation to me. But I'm no geologist. It's unlikely there were ever pyramid builders on mars, but when the planet is supposed to be 4 billion years old why write anything off?

Comment

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Comment

10 hours.... I fucking finished it.

--Mike
                            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I found this and thought it was pretty interesting

http://www.ufosightingsdaily.com/201...urface-in.html

http://viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetvie...0_2650_RED&T=2
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Pyramid, how about squirrels

Comment

Working...
                                X