Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    You don't care that the President can't tell a simple truth?

Nice deflection.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Neat. Get back on your meds

Comment

I listened to him say that it was interesting and then a few minutes later he didn't read it. I do not need that to think, Jesus he can't even tell the truth about a letter.

The economic situation is a continuation of the trend started when Obama reversed the 2008 dump.

We are about to enter a trade war with the world.

Here's something you might care about everything in aluminum cans is about to be more expensive.

Seems all you can see is what he wants you to see. SAD.

All of this about a letter that's clearly just a show for the world/media is hilarious. At this point I hope Trump is just trolling people by making contradictory statements because it's amusing to see people get hung up on stupid shit that doesn't matter. NK would never write anything of substance in a letter put into a big envelope delivered for a million cameras to see. It's simply a gesture of good will as the players in that part of the world get back to hopefully meeting and hammering out a deal.

This reminds me of reading about John Lennon at the height of the Beatles fame. He began to write songs (Glass Onion comes to mind) that to him were a collection of random thoughts because he was amused by how the media would try to create deep meanings about every word he wrote. To him it was all bullshit, but to everyone else he was channeling God or some such other inane idea.

Additionally, people need to get past this idea that Presidents create economic success or failure. They can certainly contribute to it, but the current economic bull market is a product of many more variables that Obama's efforts in 2009 to stave off economic disaster. That was nearly 10 years ago and successes that occur now are not purely the product of the work then. Trump's efforts, although they may help or hinder the economy (look at the market's reactions to his tweets) only move the market a couple percentage points in either direction. The overall health of companies over the previous decade and the innovation that they create is a much greater fuel for the economic fire than any president ever will be and those are just two of a multitude of variables that make the economy go up or down.

I can't really comment on the trade war thing, far as I'm concerned it is wait and see, nothing has happened yet.

Comment

Great article on Trump's self claimed mastery of the deal...

"Trump was, and still is, they say, a confident, competitive, aggressive, impulsive, zero-sum, win-at-all-costs, transactional, unpredictable, often underinformed and ill-prepared, gut-following, ego-driven, want-it-and-want-it-now negotiator. His self-burnished image as a tip-top deal-maker long has obscured an actual record that is far more mixed, pocked with moves and acquisitions that scratched a passing itch but created massive financial problems later."
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
          All of this about a letter that's clearly just a show for the world/media is hilarious. At this point I hope Trump is just trolling people by making contradictory statements because it's amusing to see people get hung up on stupid shit that doesn't matter. NK would never write anything of substance in a letter put into a big envelope delivered for a million cameras to see. It's simply a gesture of good will as the players in that part of the world get back to hopefully meeting and hammering out a deal.

This reminds me of reading about John Lennon at the height of the Beatles fame. He began to write songs (Glass Onion comes to mind) that to him were a collection of random thoughts because he was amused by how the media would try to create deep meanings about every word he wrote. To him it was all bullshit, but to everyone else he was channeling God or some such other inane idea.

Additionally, people need to get past this idea that Presidents create economic success or failure. They can certainly contribute to it, but the current economic bull market is a product of many more variables that Obama's efforts in 2009 to stave off economic disaster. That was nearly 10 years ago and successes that occur now are not purely the product of the work then. Trump's efforts, although they may help or hinder the economy (look at the market's reactions to his tweets) only move the market a couple percentage points in either direction. The overall health of companies over the previous decade and the innovation that they create is a much greater fuel for the economic fire than any president ever will be and those are just two of a multitude of variables that make the economy go up or down.

I can't really comment on the trade war thing, far as I'm concerned it is wait and see, nothing has happened yet.
          The letter it's self is as you say a dog & pony show. My point is that he can't tell the truth.

He simply could have said I can't comment on the letter until we have time to go over it and decide what our response is.

Wouldn't having a President that every utterance is most likely untrue be nice?

As far as the economy, he has brought the market up & down by tweet. He Tweeted Friday in advance of the jobs report being released and at the open the market reacted.

There is not a Presidential norm he has not scoffed at.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

There is not a Presidential norm he has not scoffed at.
            True. After more than a year, he has yet to grasp how to lead as a president, and not how to bully as a CEO on crack. ;-)

From North Korea to global trade, the US president has increasingly eschewed outside influence in favor of abrupt decision making

"As Trump approaches 500 days in office, unleashing a daily barrage of remarks, tweets, insults, pardons and threats, teeing up a global trade war and chasing an on-off-on meeting with Kim, the restraints are off and the fabled “adults in the room” appear scarcer than ever. It is, critics say, not so much a team of rivals as a team of one. Donald Trump."

Will K be the new White House policy guru? ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
              All of this about a letter that's clearly just a show for the world/media is hilarious. At this point I hope Trump is just trolling people by making contradictory statements because it's amusing to see people get hung up on stupid shit that doesn't matter.
              It's anything but hilarious, it's pathetically childish and goes to show really how absent minded he is. Considering most adults stop "trolling" people past their mid teens, suggesting it's acceptable or at all amusing when a world leader does it suggests that you're functioning at an adolescent level. Not everyone matures these days, so I guess you won't be alone at least.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                It's anything but hilarious, it's pathetically childish and goes to show really how absent minded he is. Considering most adults stop "trolling" people past their mid teens, suggesting it's acceptable or at all amusing when a world leader does it suggests that you're functioning at an adolescent level. Not everyone matures these days, so I guess you won't be alone at least.
                It doesn't really matter, and perhaps he was talking about the physical appearance of the letter. Either to get the media to predictably do what it did, or as a subliminal message to north Korea. I've long forgotten what parkerbinky said he said so maybe he was being nice by commenting on it, who knows, who cares. The point is NK is communicating like it never has and this is so far beyond awesome for both koreas

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                  It doesn't really matter, and perhaps he was talking about the physical appearance of the letter. Either to get the media to predictably do what it did, or as a subliminal message to north Korea. I've long forgotten what parkerbinky said he said so maybe he was being nice by commenting on it, who knows, who cares. The point is NK is communicating like it never has and this is so far beyond awesome for both koreas
                  All I hear (and see) when you post is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
                  0& someone with the way they want chicken cooked as a username has nothing to say regarding stupid user names.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                    While I don't doubt Trump is an intelligent man to some degree, much if not all of his success both financially and politically is a result of the puppeteers behind the scenes. What you get when you see him on camera is unfiltered, unregulated garbage that flows from his mouth and he got caught in a lie.

The desperation for both sides to excuse the insane behavior of their respective party is painful, and it's why politics are nothing more than a sitcom.

Comment

While I don't doubt Trump is an intelligent man to some degree, much if not all of his success both financially and politically is a result of the puppeteers behind the scenes. What you get when you see him on camera is unfiltered, unregulated garbage that flows from his mouth and he got caught in a lie.

The desperation for both sides to excuse the insane behavior of their respective party is painful, and it's why politics are nothing more than a sitcom.
                      Yup both sides are complete shit and jokes. We need term limits badly, and to just gut both parties. Worse than a sitcom, its painful to watch. Like when Trudeau went to India and he and his family got off the plane dressed like Indians, then continued doing it for most of the trip. God damn that was painful to watch, how stupid can you be? I totally understand dressing for a ceremony or visiting a religious area and participating as a native would, but getting off the plane acting like an Indian is just embarrassing.

Comment

All I hear (and see) when you post is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
                        0& someone with the way they want chicken cooked as a username has nothing to say regarding stupid user names.
                        Cool man...

Comment

True story.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Functioning at an adolescent level, please, get off your high horse. If you've read anything that I've written in any of these political threads you'd know that I present my arguments in a thought-out, organized, educated fashion. I'm not the knee-jerk reaction kind of person, nor do I simply buy-in to the common party line. You parsed my statement to remove my comment about John Lennon so that it would fit your fine narrative about Trump being absent-minded. If you had left my entire statement in there you'd have to also call Lennon absent-minded, which he clearly was not.

My statement about hilarity was directed at those that have knee-jerk reactions to everything Trump does, this NK letter is a perfect example of that. The "big deal" here is that he supposedly lied about reading the letter or not reading the letter. The question I ask everyone is this, who gives a fuck whether he did or he didn't, and who gives a fuck whether he lied about it or not? It's irrelevant, which is ultimately the underlying message that I have for all of you.

I also want to make it clear that my statement wasn't an attempt to excuse Trump of anything, I hate the guy as a person, I hate him as the President. However, he is the country's collective reality so people need to find a way to deal with that. Crying about the President lying isn't going to change anything. If you want to affect change nationally, you need to start at the local level, that's what people don't realize. They waste all their time and energy protesting what Trump says instead of breaking down the infrastructure that helped get him elected. Write to your representatives, elect new people to office and kick out the old, ACTUALLY FUCKING VOTE! The primary elections in many local districts are tomorrow (at least in NJ they are) will all of you complainers actually be heading to the polls?
                            Last edited by mbonder; 06-04-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

so, what would you folks think of Mr. BHO announcing that he has absolute right to pardon himself?
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Richard Nixon once pretended he was above the law. We know how it ended. ;-)

Not to mention that even Giuliani mentioned on MSNBC that if Trump were to pardon himself it would be instant impeachment....

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                                X