Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
    Who cares what merkel says. Germany is a joke, they are our ally in NATO and have something like 20 functional tanks, their air force is scarce and they dont pay their 2% GDP towards NATO.
    Perhaps you may have missed some new stuff here. Europeans might very soon replace America's NATO with their own forces. They say it is for international "representation" at the moment, but the step to clearing NATO is pretty close. A bold step so that they no longer have to deal with the orange bouffon... If the US no longer recognizes its allies and even declares them ennemies by raising tariffs, why not get rid of Uncle Sam? That means the US will lose influence in Europe and return to its early 1900s state from before WW1... That's how damaging Trump is to the US.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Who cares what merkel says. Germany is a joke, they are our ally in NATO and have something like 20 functional tanks, their air force is scarce and they dont pay their 2% GDP towards NATO. Yet she expects xy and z from our military. Nope get bent bitch. Poland wants to give us 2 billion to put a base there, we should shut down Rammstein and move on over to poland. Poland can and wants to be a close ally to us so hopefully they will deploy more troops so some of our guys wont get deployed, , and they put their 2% in the pot unlike germany. Also I like Poland because of their stance on letting these migrants in.

Fuck iran. I cant wait for the blackmail they have on European politicans
      Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
      Perhaps you may have missed some new stuff here. Europeans might very soon replace America's NATO with their own forces. They say it is for international "representation" at the moment, but the step to clearing NATO is pretty close. A bold step so that they no longer have to deal with the orange bouffon... If the US no longer recognizes its allies and even declares them ennemies by raising tariffs, why not get rid of Uncle Sam? That means the US will lose influence in Europe and return to its early 1900s state from before WW1... That's how damaging Trump is to the US.
      The Yanks over There — 100 Years Ago

Seems we forget history time and again. WW1 was the precursor to WWII.
      Last edited by parkerbink; 06-05-2018, 07:26 AM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

https://www.politico.eu/article/emma...military-plan/
        I got rid of cable a couple of years ago, so yeah some things I'm not up to date on. I want us out of NATO, we pay way more than we need to, and we are sending the most troops by a large number, they send a small amount of troops. If Europe wants to act like one country then let them. I find it funny that they sti want the UK to participate even though they left the EU, use them for their military right.... But that article does not mention anything about the tariffs at all, they tariff us, so why cant we? See that's what trump is working, hes working on lowering their tariff.

Comment

I got rid of cable a couple of years ago, so yeah some things I'm not up to date on. I want us out of NATO, we pay way more than we need to, and we are sending the most troops by a large number, they send a small amount of troops. If Europe wants to act like one country then let them. I find it funny that they sti want the UK to participate even though they left the EU, use them for their military right.... But that article does not mention anything about the tariffs at all, they tariff us, so why cant we? See that's what trump is working, hes working on lowering their tariff.
          You need to get a clue.

The ONLY times NATO has actually deployed troops was to defend US. After 9/11 they sent troops all over the world.

You need more listening, less talking.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

NATO's only purpose is to defend the US' interests in Europe. Basically, the US wants Europeans to pay for defending US ideologies.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Yawn... https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.02b55b106d87

Comment

We agree! That was boring.

From the silence on NATO I take you have no response because you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                  Functioning at an adolescent level, please, get off your high horse. If you've read anything that I've written in any of these political threads you'd know that I present my arguments in a thought-out, organized, educated fashion. I'm not the knee-jerk reaction kind of person, nor do I simply buy-in to the common party line. You parsed my statement to remove my comment about John Lennon so that it would fit your fine narrative about Trump being absent-minded. If you had left my entire statement in there you'd have to also call Lennon absent-minded, which he clearly was not.
                  No, I left it out because it's not relevant, Trump is not an artist. He is a world leader, unarguably the most powerful man on Earth. Any time he's opening his mouth, he is and should be judged on what comes out.

The "big deal" here is that he supposedly lied about reading the letter or not reading the letter. The question I ask everyone is this, who gives a fuck whether he did or he didn't, and who gives a fuck whether he lied about it or not? It's irrelevant, which is ultimately the underlying message that I have for all of you.
                  If you can't see the relevancy in a President being truthful, or intelligent enough to not be caught in a bold face lie, then you too are simple minded.

I also want to make it clear that my statement wasn't an attempt to excuse Trump of anything, I hate the guy as a person, I hate him as the President. However, he is the country's collective reality so people need to find a way to deal with that. Crying about the President lying isn't going to change anything. If you want to affect change nationally, you need to start at the local level, that's what people don't realize. They waste all their time and energy protesting what Trump says instead of breaking down the infrastructure that helped get him elected. Write to your representatives, elect new people to office and kick out the old, ACTUALLY FUCKING VOTE! The primary elections in many local districts are tomorrow (at least in NJ they are) will all of you complainers actually be heading to the polls?
                  I agree with most of this, the majority of people want to pat themselves on the back come election day but refuse to make even an attempt to get into politics locally. Here you vote for the party leader, who then will represent the party federally as the party leader. I can count on one hand the number of people I've discussed politics with who are actually voting party members, the rest actually think they're picking the nations leader.

Comment

Donald Trump’s hastily arranged replacement for the Super Bowl champion Eagles’ White House visit featured the president making a very brief appearance to talk about how great the economy is and, then, stand awkwardly while mouthing maybe half the words to “God Bless America” like a Yankees fan in right field who…

Oh that guy.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      No, I left it out because it's not relevant, Trump is not an artist. He is a world leader, unarguably the most powerful man on Earth. Any time he's opening his mouth, he is and should be judged on what comes out.

If you can't see the relevancy in a President being truthful, or intelligent enough to not be caught in a bold face lie, then you too are simple minded.

I agree with most of this, the majority of people want to pat themselves on the back come election day but refuse to make even an attempt to get into politics locally. Here you vote for the party leader, who then will represent the party federally as the party leader. I can count on one hand the number of people I've discussed politics with who are actually voting party members, the rest actually think they're picking the nations leader.
                      I would argue that John Lennon was a world leader as well, he certainly spoke for an entire generation of people who wanted change in the world. When Lennon spoke saying that The Beatles were more famous than God you bet that he was judged in a similar fashion to how everyone hangs on Trumps every word. That's the metaphor I was after, that people can't stop hanging on every word, it was the same way with Obama. Every little thing he did was either Good if you were a Democrat or Bad if you were a Republican. The Right cried just as much for Obama's 8 years as the Left is crying now about Trump. It's my belief that the true adults in the room recognize that this stuff is mere theater and doesn't really make or break anything.

You can continue to call me simple-minded or adolescent, or whatever demeaning thing you want, because that's your prerogative, however, I'm here for the discussion and to contribute, not to demean.

And I did vote today in the primaries in my district, for those of you that actually care for that kind of thing.

Comment

.... it was the same way with Obama. Every little thing he did was either Good if you were a Democrat or Bad if you were a Republican.
                        I recognize that often partisanry goes in the way of intelligence and good faith. But the problem in the case of Trump is that even Republicans don't trust him... This is no longer the Republican party but the party of Trump... And there are fewer and fewer aids and counselors in the White House. Trump thinks he knows it best... :devil:

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post

We agree! That was boring.

From the silence on NATO I take you have no response because you are wrong.
                          Oh no, I saw it. I'm not wrong, you're misinformed if you think the only time NATO has been used was because of 9/11.

Comment

Oh no, I saw it. I'm not wrong, you're misinformed if you think the only time NATO has been used was because of 9/11.
                            Reading is fundamental.

I did not say used. I said DEPLOYMENTS.

We have backed up other countries in NATO, rattled sabers etc. But actual military deployment where soldiers fought AND DIED has been by our allies in defense of US for attacks against US.

Although the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) was present throughout the Cold War as the opposite to the Warsaw Pact, and conducted joint military exercises, no military operations took place. This came after the Cold War when NATO's influence in a post-Cold War rose to prominence in Bosnia where NATO gradually stepped up their efforts to end the trouble. This culminated with NATO's first air campaign in 1995 which targeted the Army of Republika Srpska whose presence in Bosnia posed a danger to United Nations "safe areas" and ultimately the bombing helped to bring about the Dayton Accords.

The organization now plays a prominent role in Afghanistan after the September 11 attacks in the United States invoked Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty which deemed the attacks to be an external attack on all NATO members under the idea of collective defence. Aside from continuing efforts in Afghanistan NATO has participated in a wide range of roles including relief effort, counter-piracy, enforcing no-fly zones and naval blockades.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                              Reading is fundamental.

I did not say used. I said DEPLOYMENTS.

We have backed up other countries in NATO, rattled sabers etc. But actual military deployment where soldiers fought AND DIED has been by our allies in defense of US for attacks against US.

Although the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) was present throughout the Cold War as the opposite to the Warsaw Pact, and conducted joint military exercises, no military operations took place. This came after the Cold War when NATO's influence in a post-Cold War rose to prominence in Bosnia where NATO gradually stepped up their efforts to end the trouble. This culminated with NATO's first air campaign in 1995 which targeted the Army of Republika Srpska whose presence in Bosnia posed a danger to United Nations "safe areas" and ultimately the bombing helped to bring about the Dayton Accords.

The organization now plays a prominent role in Afghanistan after the September 11 attacks in the United States invoked Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty which deemed the attacks to be an external attack on all NATO members under the idea of collective defence. Aside from continuing efforts in Afghanistan NATO has participated in a wide range of roles including relief effort, counter-piracy, enforcing no-fly zones and naval blockades.
                              Binky, I'm not going to get into a stupid semantics battle with you. Surely you remember Bosnia yeah? I was a kid so I didnt pay much attention to what was going on but NATO troops were there....

Comment

Binky, I'm not going to get into a stupid semantics battle with you. Surely you remember Bosnia yeah? I was a kid so I didnt pay much attention to what was going on but NATO troops were there....
                                Chickeee you understand that was to stop ethnic cleansing????

Comment

Working...
                                X