Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cleaning up the swamp...

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-trump-1066653

    "Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke will step down by the end of this year, President Donald Trump announced Saturday, making him the latest Trump administration Cabinet official forced to resign amid scandal."
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

    massivebrakes.com

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056





    Comment


      Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      Either way disagree. Just remember this, the constitution affords us the right to take back our government via bloodshed should it come to that. Conservatives loathe that it might come to that, and how many will be willing to actually sacrifice family security and life. I fear too little if you can't bake a cake without the country in an uproar, especially as even still with the ***storm our country has be infighting, we still have I believe the best country to live in, but both sides are losing it.

      I honestly don't care about the guns, but damn I do enjoy a day with them. If they were all gone, it would be better. But that won't happen for centuries. How is your child or wife to protect themselves from the 200lb ape wanting some unauthorized foreplay? No law, censorship, mental health screening will ever stop the wolf. The gun will for a long time due to its simplicity be the great equalizer between man and woman, child and molester, government and citizen.
      Wait, are we back to people like yourself thinking that your 1911 and AR could actually stop ACTUAL government tyranny?

      This is great because every single 2A zealot gets into the same circular logic loop.

      If the government actually went tyrannical (healthcare for everyone isn't tyranny) you and your other middle-aged bros in the neighborhood wouldn't even get to pull your weapons because you wouldn't see or hear the drone until it dropped bombs on your neighborhood.

      "But the military is made up of Americans and they would never do that."

      What's the name and training ground for your militia?


      The next question will be do, "Do you own any guns libtard?"

      To which I answer:

      1. Not a liberal or a republican.
      2. Walk in my backyard at 3am and see what me and my pit bull think about it.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

      www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
        Wow. You're quite a special one R3Z3N. Do you really believe that if the 6 millions Jews, gays, genetically defective people that were killed by Nazis had arms, they would still be alive? Or that if the Armenian civilians that were genocided by the Turks also were armed that they would still be here? Wow. You're definitely rewriting history. I'd call that revisionism even.

        As for your nice graphic, I suggest you compare mass shootings in the US with Canada, Australia and Great-Britain. Sorry for shaking your beliefs.

        https://www.quora.com/How-does-Canad...s-shootings-go

        One mass shooting per week in the US.
        One every two years in Canada

        And compare the number of gun-related homicides (per million people) between the US and the rest of the world. The US almost beats all the other countries COMBINED just by itself.
        Yup. Citizens from a civilized country don't need guns. And with guns, comes violence.



        Of course hate speech is not a right. Can't just come to the face of somebody and call him a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, or a fucking waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles and think it's alright ... As for claiming that any free speech is fine even if it allows KKK or neo-nazis groups to spill their hate on Jews, Blacks, Chinks, Wops, gays (basically anyone non-heterosexual White Christian). Damn. You made lost my faith in your humanity.
        Lee, you are literally not intelligent. Not only did you bring up Hitler, you then tried to say hate speech isn't protected.

        Sorry, in America, it actually is.

        Please stop pretending to be informed or that you understand anything other than maple syrup or poutine.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

        www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

        Comment


          Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
          Either way disagree. Just remember this, the constitution affords us the right to take back our government via bloodshed should it come to that. Conservatives loathe that it might come to that, and how many will be willing to actually sacrifice family security and life. I fear too little if you can't bake a cake without the country in an uproar, especially as even still with the ***storm our country has be infighting, we still have I believe the best country to live in, but both sides are losing it.

          I honestly don't care about the guns, but damn I do enjoy a day with them. If they were all gone, it would be better. But that won't happen for centuries. How is your child or wife to protect themselves from the 200lb ape wanting some unauthorized foreplay? No law, censorship, mental health screening will ever stop the wolf. The gun will for a long time due to its simplicity be the great equalizer between man and woman, child and molester, government and citizen.
          As I said, and was mentioned by z31. Circular logic and constant repetition.

          American citizens are NOT going to rise up and overthrow our government. We still live in the best country on the globe (IMO of course) and are not in any immediate danger of losing it to a tyrannical government, ignorant maybe. But not tyrannical.

          The ignorance and corporate shilling in our elected officials is the real fight that needs winning. And again, no amount of guns is going to be the solution to that either.

          The chances of anyone in my family being attacked in public is VERY low. We certainly don't live in fear of it happening. Bad things happen, no amount of guns will solve that. You are probably just as likely to stop a crime by carrying as you are to still be a victim, or worse, hitting an innocent bystander.

          You can choose to live in fear if you like. I choose to enjoy our country and it's freedoms in their current, or future forms.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

          Comment


            Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Lee, you are literally not intelligent. Not only did you bring up Hitler, you then tried to say hate speech isn't protected.

            Sorry, in America, it actually is.

            Please stop pretending to be informed or that you understand anything other than maple syrup or poutine.
            Poutine is epic
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

            Comment


              Yes, if any of those groups were armed and they organized, they could very well have stopped their genocides, and just like few of the good people I Germany proved, many would be willing to sacrifice their life to protect their neighbor. Not enough in that case but luckily we have not lost the Jews yet.

              We had the underground railroad, saving lives one at s time.

              Let the govt use drone strikes internally. I bet we would rise up. And as the founding fathers noted its also our right to protect ourselves from our own military as they saw the need for that protection. They had a much larger enemy to contend with and America still won.
              Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-15-2018, 08:13 AM.

              Comment


                Lee, it saddens me that you desire your perceived security more than true freedom.

                You didn't answer, you keep trying to keep me on a defense, how will you protect yourself in the face of evil? I hope your an animal in those moments.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  Of course hate speech is not a right. Can't just come to the face of somebody and call him a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, or a fucking waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles and think it's alright ... As for claiming that any free speech is fine even if it allows KKK or neo-nazis groups to spill their hate on Jews, Blacks, Chinks, Wops, gays (basically anyone non-heterosexual White Christian). Damn. You made lost my faith in your humanity.
                  Rhetorical:
                  Your hate speech against my gun views, which are a an American right should land you: You are demonizing me. You demonize any religious faction. You demonize Trump. (Though I might guess you will claim to be from Canada, which is correct, our laws do not apply to you and vice versa)


                  Your being silly Lee. I stated there are consequences to speech, but here our speech is protected, but there are limits once it crosses borders to inciting violence. Antifa is great at that, standing in your face waiting for you to be the first physical aggressor. Some of our politicians are calling for attacks on others via physical violence. One has even called for physical attacks on Trump which should be prosecuted. Hate speech is something that cannot well be defined legally without leaving a huge door to be abused. Once it crosses into violence, the physical (not talking trigger warnings here) is when it has crossed into the right to defend yourself from violence.

                  What really makes this hard to police is that our language is imperfect, that intentions are not always clear, or they seem much too clear to another party. The right to free speech in our country is being twisted into something that can be interpreted on a whim with no clear direction but to protect those that want to interpret any statement any way they want such that it brings them a moral or physical victory as long as the majority, on in this case the Liberals and Progressives agree with. (neither of which are free and progressives are regressive)
                  Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-15-2018, 08:48 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    The chances of anyone in my family being attacked in public is VERY low. We certainly don't live in fear of it happening. Bad things happen, no amount of guns will solve that. You are probably just as likely to stop a crime by carrying as you are to still be a victim, or worse, hitting an innocent bystander.
                    What about the families in shitty areas? IE Chicago. Compton. South Milpas in Santa Barbara. Santa Maria. Lompoc etc?

                    I am glad you live in a nice area as do I. I do not live in fear in the slightest. I am just at the ready with some polymer tools, the great equalizers.

                    Again, no one but law abiding gun owners have an answer which is to allow all to protect themselves with the same tools afforded by the government and criminals. Your laws DO NOTHING to protect the law abiding citizen, but instead hamper them and allow the criminal to be the wolf. Anti-gun, and those bribed by their own taxes will never get this fact.

                    You keep trying to limit freedoms of all for the security of a few. I find it funny so many support the anti-gun politician or celebrity when they themselves many times have body guards. IE Father Pfleger. Let only those with power or influence be armed! /s Do as we say, not as we do! /s
                    Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-15-2018, 09:07 AM.

                    Comment


                      You can actively take steps to limit your exposure to "evil" or deadly situations. Some of the things you read about, or hear on the news, while terrible... are avoidable had someone not been walking at 2AM. Again, bad things happen, no amount of arming people is going to stop bad things from happening. A small percentage of instances may be influenced by an armed good samaritan, not denying that. We'll never know actual statistics... or rather agree on actual statistics because misinformation is so prevalent now in all industries: politics, firearms, smoking (they got busted), technology, etc. But it's just a drop in the bucket, you are not going to end gun crime by arming citizens. I don't trust people enough to worry about everyone being armed. Besides, give me a good old fashioned fist fight any day.

                      But, I digress, you have made up your mind and sound like a radical extremist screaming from the pulpit. Enjoy your guns (serious, not sarcastic). I have mine as home protection but I don't begrudge anyone who is a gun enthusiast their enjoyment of them. Within accepted parameters. Just as you can't drive a funny car on the street, there is no reason to privately own a mini-gun. I'm sure it would be super fun to fire one of those, but to live in a society you have to accept the social norm and rule of law. If you disagree with it, go vote. If the laws are changing in a manner you disagree with, it's because the majority of people disagree with you. Society has spoken.

                      Where have all the center leaning people? I don't care if you are center left, or center right, at least there is discussion and progress to be made. :(
                      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                      -----------------------------------------
                      91 318is Turbo Sold
                      87 325 Daily driver Sold
                      06 4.8is X5
                      06 Mtec X3
                      05 4.4i X5 Sold
                      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                      90 325i Sold
                      97 328is Sold
                      01 323ci Sold
                      92 325i Sold
                      83 528e Totaled
                      98 328i Sold
                      93 325i Sold

                      Comment


                        I do agree, limit your exposure to dangerous places when possible. It's not always possible. Crime happens everywhere, rich and poor areas, armed or not.
                        Yup and as toe forefathers thought, we were blessed with a republic if we could keep it. We did not. We let the politicians take over instead of them representing us.

                        BTW, nothing stopping you driving a Funny Car on the street until you get busted. Hence laws are only good after the fact.

                        The NFA is unconstitutional btw as it weakens our ability to stand up to tyranny.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                          I do agree, limit your exposure to dangerous places when possible. It's not always possible. Crime happens everywhere, rich and poor areas, armed or not.
                          Yup and as toe forefathers thought, we were blessed with a republic if we could keep it. We did not. We let the CORPORATIONS (including gun manufacturers, the NRA, etc) take over instead of them representing us.

                          The NFA is unconstitutional btw as it weakens our ability to stand up to tyranny.
                          ^FTFY.

                          Again, the NFA does not say you can't own firearms, as the Constitution guarantees. It says you can not own certain types, or numbers, etc. And again, US citizens are not going to be standing up to a tyrannical government. The forefathers did not have to worry about private citizens owning the same sort of weaponry they can today and so it does not specifically prohibit individual types.

                          Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                          BTW, nothing stopping you driving a Funny Car on the street until you get busted. Hence laws are only good after the fact.
                          Not being an self absorbed prick with no respect for my fellow citizens would stop me from driving a funny car on the street. Same reason I don't talk loudly in a movie theater, or use a quick checkout aisle with more than the specified number of items at a super market. I want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            If the government actually went tyrannical (healthcare for everyone isn't tyranny) you and your other middle-aged bros in the neighborhood wouldn't even get to pull your weapons because you wouldn't see or hear the drone until it dropped bombs on your neighborhood.
                            Stepping in from the sidelines for this one.

                            The sheer number of privately owned firearms in the US and the number of people semi-competent to use them (10x more veterans than active duty & reserve), and the huge group of firearms enthusiasts, yes the odds are overwhelmingly in the favor of the citizens. America's military is such a strong adversary because it's technological capabilities, which only count for so much in guerrilla warfare. The will to fight would disappear in weeks for any of the few service members who actually agree to turn their guns on the people.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by cale View Post
                              Stepping in from the sidelines for this one.

                              The sheer number of privately owned firearms in the US and the number of people semi-competent to use them (10x more veterans than active duty & reserve), and the huge group of firearms enthusiasts, yes the odds are overwhelmingly in the favor of the citizens. America's military is such a strong adversary because it's technological capabilities, which only count for so much in guerrilla warfare. The will to fight would disappear in weeks for any of the few service members who actually agree to turn their guns on the people.
                              I agree. But these are all dystopian hypothetical theories. An uprising would first and foremost be against the politicians and would circumvent the military altogether IMO, what are they all going to do hide in Yucca Mtn? After the politicians I think the corporations would have to be supremely worried. But again... dystopian futures are hypotheticals and most likely the stuff of fiction for any time frame relevant to us or our great-grandchildren.
                              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                              -----------------------------------------
                              91 318is Turbo Sold
                              87 325 Daily driver Sold
                              06 4.8is X5
                              06 Mtec X3
                              05 4.4i X5 Sold
                              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                              90 325i Sold
                              97 328is Sold
                              01 323ci Sold
                              92 325i Sold
                              83 528e Totaled
                              98 328i Sold
                              93 325i Sold

                              Comment


                                True enough.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X