Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    you haven't hurt anyone's feelings, little snowflake from riverside. we're just a little more direct up in norcal. i think our school districts might be a little better too, because someone from the bay would have realized i was talking about them, not to them.
    Idk why you keep insulting me. You seem hurt lol. Weird flex with the school districts being better. Murrieta/Temecula area is a lot better area than the Bay, don’t even get me started.

Comment

120k in California is roughly 74k in Texas. Not 50k. Plus the benefits are much better in Texas, cost of living is lower, insurance is lower, Texas is improving while California is drowning.

The median house cost in San Diego (my area) is 622k, while the median cost for Dallas, Texas is 187k,

Every teacher starts at roughly 42k in my area, and each teacher I have talked to hates summer school. It gives the students an excuse to slack off during the year just to go to summer school and do poorly there as well. The attendance rate is 2/5, yet we fund 2 billion a year into it...

The media is bad on both sides. I’m not a republican or democrat, nor am I a “trump supporter” I just want the US to do well.

And you basically agreed with my last statement just on a broader scale.

Do you want funding to remain the same? Or increase? I’m not against keeping it at its current level, but I don’t see a reason to increase funding.
      Last edited by Jokester; 04-17-2019, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Depends what you are increasing funding for.

I don't like the idea of giving block grants for education because inevitably that gives too wide a purview and allows waste. I'd prefer money be spent on specific goals, for instance bringing in teachers to help vocational programs as an alternative to 4 year college education. Or creating internship programs (work study, whatever you want to call it) with funding that allow students to shadow people in fields (medicine, law, engineering, science, etc) they may want to work in prior to going to college so they enter college having more direction as to what their major should be.

I'd be all for increasing funding for these reasons or things that attempt to use funding to meet specific goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
          120k in California is roughly 74k in Texas. Not 50k. Plus the benefits are much better in Texas, cost of living is lower, insurance is lower, Texas is improving while California is drowning.

The median house cost in San Diego (my area) is 622k, while the median cost for Dallas, Texas is 187k,
          It wasn't my position that 50k in Texas (or $74k) is a lot of money. Neither is true. And neither of those figures puts you squarely into the middle class either. No matter where you live. Try to buy a house at that median price of $187,000 making $74000/year and you'll have a hard time getting financed if you have any other significant bills.

Every teacher starts at roughly 42k in my area, and each teacher I have talked to hates summer school. It gives the students an excuse to slack off during the year just to go to summer school and do poorly there as well. The attendance rate is 2/5, yet we fund 2 billion a year into it...

The media is bad on both sides. I’m not a republican or democrat, nor am I a “trump supporter” I just want the US to do well.

And you basically agreed with my last statement just on a broader scale.

Do you want funding to remain the same? Or increase? IÂ’m not against keeping it at its current level, but I donÂ’t see a reason to increase funding.
          $42,000/yr is terrible in a high cost of living state like CA. I also want the US to do well. But I want the majority of people in the US to do well. Not the upper class minority. Similar to the time after WWII with a large middle class, manufacturing jobs, accessible secondary education, etc.

Like mbonder, I also want targeted increases and targeted cuts. That applies to most government spending in my case. Defense, subsidies, etc. Too much waste, fraud, etc. But those things also come from lack of regulation which is some sort of curse word to the right.

As long as we allow corporations to dictate government policy (there are many instances of corporations writing policy for politicians to sign as if they introduced it), the country will be on the decline. And unfortunately, politicians (on both sides of the aisle) are either blind to the issue, or are burying their heads in the sand due to all that money being tossed at them.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Saying the cost of living in "California" to "Texas" is flawed from the beginning. As if the desert rats in California have the same COL as someone in the Bay Area.

Close, $542k. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...227-story.html

Close, $215k https://www.zillow.com/dallas-tx/home-values/

I mean, what's being off 6 figures on your comparison right?

Every teacher starts at roughly 42k in my area, and each teacher I have talked to hates summer school.
            From what I can see from the Murrieta, CA School District it's actually $48k.

Other sources put it higher, but I'm going with the gov't website.

I prefer facts to speculation.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              I prefer facts to speculation.
              I have to stop assuming people have done a modicum of research before posting figures. :fishslap:
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

You seem hurt lol.
                you keep insisting that, even though it's the first thing i said you didn't do.

i think you might be overestimating yourself.
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

lol One (of many) sweet pages from the Mueller Report:

I wish we could rewind time and Trump, Clinton and 2016 never existed. An epic waste of time and money; why do you think we have such awful options?
                  1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Its 400+ pages, there is so much trouble here for trump.
                    All the papers are dissecting it with a fine toothed comb, read some of them....its bad for him.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                      I wish we could rewind time and Trump, Clinton and 2016 never existed. An epic waste of time and money; why do you think we have such awful options?
                      Because no one with any sense wants to live their life like this.

Being scrutinized on every single aspect of your life and decision making, down to the condiment choices for you food.

Only vanity-driven, sociopaths would want that.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        Because no one with any sense wants to live their life like this.

Being scrutinized on every single aspect of your life and decision making, down to the condiment choices for you food.

Only vanity-driven, sociopaths would want that.
                        It sure seems to attract 'vanity-driven sociopaths'!

... I'd probably blame it squarely on letting so much money flood into our politics.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding

They were both poor choices.

In a way, I wanted Trump to win.

I was just sick of the emails, foundations, Benghazi....I thought yes, peace and quiet.

This was just equally as bad which to me promotes the idea that someone with less baggage will be able to take Trump out in 2020 without much effort.

I think both sides want him out. Heck even Ann Coulter said she would vote for Sanders. That's how upside down all this has become.

Who knew it would be worse than Hillary.

Comment

Ann Coulter said she would vote for him if he returned to the stance of protecting the borders. I in no way, shape, or form believe she was serious.

She was merely doing whatever she could for some more publicity.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                              They were both poor choices.

In a way, I wanted Trump to win.

I was just sick of the emails, foundations, Benghazi....I thought yes, peace and quiet.

This was just equally as bad which to me promotes the idea that someone with less baggage will be able to take Trump out in 2020 without much effort.

I think both sides want him out. Heck even Ann Coulter said she would vote for Sanders. That's how upside down all this has become.

Who knew it would be worse than Hillary.

^^ I really think your local town Dog could've won 2016 -- meaning anyone or anything even moderately likable with no real baggage.

Comment

the democrats could nominate a ham sandwich in 2020 and it would win the popular vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X