No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to piece together what the hell happened from this stream recording that /u/justice_reigns shared with me: https://www.twitch.tv/shawngui - you can see a lot of it in the 3 videos posted there.

Supposedly a business owner was robbed and possibly also had part of his business set on fire. Robber ended up in Chaz where armed "security" there confronted him. Eventually an assault broke out (see the beginning of this video for that confrontation: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/651334362). Here's a photo of someone being held a gun point: https://i.imgur.com/7Eg02pN.jpg

Another video via twitter: https://twitter.com/VenturaReport/st...23863402426370
    A huge mob just attacked "Car Tender" business demanding a release of man who went into the business and started a fire, the business is located inside the 6 blocks of #CHAZ a 'no-cop zone'. Reporting on the ground in #Seattle

Unrelated, but apparently someone overdosed earlier in the day: https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/s...76707849154560
    Man in #CHAZ overdosed & is rushed out by Seattle Fire After passing out on a field. His eyes were rolled back and was unresponsive

Unrelated, but someone within chaz apparently either died or needed medical attention and had to be carried outside the borders in order for an EMT to respond (see beginning of this video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/651315658). Stream shows a person being covered with a blanket before being taken away.

Meanwhile, supposedly local police are being advised not to respond to calls within CHAZ unless it's a "mass casualty event": https://twitter.com/BrandiKruse/stat...015260160?s=19

Someone following this have some more context into what the fuck is going on over there? Like a lot of you, I've been laughing at this Chaz thing for the harmless "woke" art festival block party it is, but it actually seems like it's a bit of a shit show.

EDIT: More videos of the drunk mob attacking the business called "Car Tender": https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosob...19429976965121
    I fucking hate it personally. I'm not sleeping at all and am forced to listen to people yell all day and blast music/movies at night. It has no direction or leadership, just feels like a shitty excuse to party all the time with no consequences. And I feel like if I say anything I'll just be labeled as a racist who is defending the system. I made a post on fb about it and was basically told I was being inconsiderate and selfish. It's the same type of shit I've heard for years as someone who's had depression. I dont know, I'm typing this at 2am while people are still fucking chanting so I'm kinda pissed right now
    Our building is right in the middle of this and is actually nice, so those CHAZ people outside hate us. They defaced our building with insults to us, and they blast music all day and night and don’t let us sleep. We asked them to be quieter at night but they cussed at us. A lot of deliveries don’t happen. People in my building are really tired of this to be honest.

As I said before, I support BLM. But I don’t think this congregation has much to do with it. Most, if not all people camping are white, and it’s a party/tourist attraction. I bet most don’t even live here. They dug up “community gardens” in the field but didn’t ask us - who actually live here - if we want this or not.

The part that upsets me the most is that they tagged all over the rocks and trees as well as the architecture in Cal Anderson. They even defaced the fountain. That's not cool.
    It’s called CHOP now Capitol Hill Occupy Protest Though it is still and autonomous zone. Was voted on last night by those in attendance. Was very chill, mellow vibe, with great speakers and musicians. Mostly social distancing, no fires, robberies or extortion. Those stories were rumors “unidentified police” started through a shit head “journalist” the pictures of armed white men are in question as they aren’t credited to anyone. The only people checking IDs were the police, but they are gone now. Businesses are booming with people grabbing takeout all day and night. Biggest complaint is from residents, about the lights, noise, and that restaurants outside the zone, Uber eats, etc don’t deliver anymore.
    I live 2 blocks away from this "zone," and the idiotic notion that this is some anarchist, stalinist, anti-christ gulag-camp could not be further removed from reality.

Nobody is being prevented from entering or leaving. Businesses in the area are open, and are still collecting sales taxes on behalf of state and local governments. Workers are still maintaining Cal Anderson Park on behalf of the city government. The unfounded claims of extortion have been retracted, after the very business owners who were supposedly being "extorted" refuted them.
    I am very comfortable saying that I would be happy to live in a community that was run like this one
    Last edited by chadthestampede; 06-15-2020, 09:17 AM.
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      So nothing on Decays buddies taking over 7 blocks in Seattle denouncing their citizenship and hold the people who live and work in that 7 block area basically hostage ???? First things they do with their new "govt." is build a wall, disallow immigrants and check the IDs of all persons wishing to gain entry seems kinda "Fascisty" to me.
      Originally posted by Decay
      it's almost like it's... "fake news" or something
      Ugh, exactly. Fake News. I'm so fed up with the White House led propaganda.

I talked more with my buddy yesterday who's office is at the exact entrance to all this. He is going in and out everyday to work with no problems. "it's more like Burning Man" he said. He LOL'd when I suggested some of these right wing news stories you hear. "Ridiculous."

Another friend there had this message when I asked: "Went last night and walked most of it. No apparent guards and definitely didn't see any guns. Did hear impassioned speeches and felt a lot of good vibes and concern from people. Also little kids walking up and down the street eating free produce with their parents."

People I know and trust.

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Uhh... my buddy and fellow R3V-er Paolo ( kid325e ) works at Car Tender. I just messaged him. Ive been staying in contact with him because i know they are smack dab in the middle of this. A longtime Euro car shop
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I've seen the videos of CHAZ, its mostly peaceful but there has been assaults you cant denie that. Crazy that a r3v'er works at Car Tender, would love to hear his experiences with the CHAZ.

I think what is bothering conservatives the guns being used to protect the chaz by protesters. Is that the same groups in the chaz are the most vocal anti gun and now its all good if there own people have them???
          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I don't think conservatives care about guns, it's the wonton destruction of private property that pisses them off.

An awful lot of recent posts in here are factually insane. It's surreal.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

what the fuck timeline are we on when chadthestampede and i have started agreeing with each other? :D

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
              I don't think conservatives care about guns, it's the wonton destruction of private property that pisses them off.

An awful lot of recent posts in here are factually insane. It's surreal.
              dude, you gotta start backing up your statements with arguments. take a stab at describing *how* they are factually incorrect, rather than just saying so. there's obviously a sentiment in this thread that you disagree with, but why and how? use your words
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

hilarious that the left is against guns, walls, photo id. and is for defunding the police
                and the first fucking thing they do is
                erect walls
                form an armed police force
                demand id's

honestly you can't make this up

this ain't going to end well. and is a prime example of why Trump will win
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Just feeling somewhat normal again after what happened over the weekend at our shop.

Not in any real position to comment but just know that we are safe. I don't want to comment on anything other then my experience being so close to CHOP. I've been working here for over 10 years.
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    hilarious that the left is against guns, walls, photo id. and is for defunding the police
                    erect walls
                    demand id's

It's really hilarious, but not surprising, because they (the left) are insane.

It's probably nice to be there if you're still collecting your fat covid unemployment checks and agree with the "cause"

But once you disagree, or lets say wave an american flag around, you're probably going to be attacked for.... well-- just doing that... that video of the guy with the jesus shirt getting dragged out of there was, simply said-- sad.

ITS SO FUCKING FUNNY. The hypocrisy is real.

But hey, all those videos are fake and spun, or so they say..

I hope it's still around in two weeks when I fly up there. I'd like to see that shit show in person. I'll be delivering soy to help the boys stay energized in their fight
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                      erect walls
                      demand id's

Except that's exactly what right wing media, especially fox in this case has been caught doing. Their literally making things up, including photoshopping multiple pics. There's a couple dozen different stories from a dozen different news orgs about it right now.

What this is actually a prime example of is propaganda and how easy people fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post

Except that's exactly what right wing media, especially fox in this case has been caught doing. Their literally making things up, including photoshopping multiple pics. There's a couple dozen different stories from a dozen different news orgs about it right now.

What this is actually a prime example of is propaganda and how easy people fall for it.
                        What is it like there. Haven’t been there yet myself
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

It's probably time to respond to your lies.
                          1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

are you reading the thread? i posted an article and a report from a friend who went there
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

It's probably time to respond to your lies.
                              How about you tell me where they go, since there's absolutely no information on how all these millions are being spent by BLM.

Lies? You say that as if you know where there money is being spent.

This is the best answer BLM could give

"“Right now, our programs are focused on civic engagement, expansion of chapters, Arts & Culture, organizing and digital advocacy resources and tools,” Scales explained during a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” session last week."

What a joke, but I mean are you surprised? BLM lacks structure, organization and leadership.

BLM says, "oh yeah we dont do that" then provide no information on where or how their money is actually spent.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

are you reading the thread? i posted an article and a report from a friend who went there
                                Yeah, I read the quote from your friend, but nytimes is to biased to entertain.. Plus, i've read too many articles from them this week and now i have to pay to read any LOL

I thought maybe the guy I quoted is actually there. I def have some questions for someone that has personally visited.

I'm excited to go see it for myself. I'll be up there for 6 days starting the 1st.

Like I said, it's probably nice to be there if you don't challenge the cause or whatever. I've seen people who go in there and try to provoke people to go crazy and it's honestly crazy how little it takes. Like the guy who walked through with an american flag, and got swarmed or the jesus guy that got dragged out..

It's probably somewhere in between what is being said.

I doubt I'm going to get IDed by an armed guy, but I also doubt they tolerate everyone that wants to come through.

I'll be staying right outside the barricade at my friends house.

Comment

Working...
                                X