Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy wars

Comment

Yeah, what a shame, so young. The other boy, 14 in critical condition..

What were those young kids even doing out in CHOP at 3am?

I guess these people are realizing what self policing looks like.

I highly doubt there will be anything left of chop, besides the graffiti by the time I make it up there Wednesday night.

The memory of CHOP's short life will not be a good one.

and yeah, of course BLM is silent about all of this, because only black lives taken by white people matter to them.
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        you mean Logan's Run?

What a weird movie. I watched it as a kid on TV - they must have edited out all of the orgy scenes, because I definitely don't remember anything about that. lol. But yeah that movie was definitely memorable and still pretty watchable today. I think it was filmed in Austin Texas?
        Yeah. Wireless keyboard at home misses letters often.

Been many years since I've seen Logan's Run, but have watched Clockwork again a couple years ago. It's amazing watching some of these back, and thinking how awesome the "effects" were - at least it's less cheesy than CGI in it's infancy.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
          seriously, if BLM really meant BLM, where is the outrage of the shooting death of a 16 yr old black teenager last night? if the teen had been shot by police, would antifa and BLM be rioting in downtown Seattle again?
          BLM is not about black lives, and antifa is not about facism.
          I think the disconnect here is simply a product about what you see, the messaging; what kind of websites and news channels are you looking at daily? How diverse is the community you live in? Lots of people are dying all over this country, you're being told about certain events certain ways. Let's also not confuse who is rioting and who is protesting. Blatant racial injustice murders led to anger and unrest that has manifested all sorts of ways.

You know not too far from me we've had two black men hanged from trees in the last month. Seriously. https://abcnews.go.com/US/lawyer-rob...ry?id=71526074

So, you aren't talking about that. You probably aren't hearing about it either. And you aren't talking about Ahmed Arboury going jogging in his neighborhood and having three racists chase him down in a pickup and execute him in Georgia. And you aren't talking about the three officers in Wilmington recorded openly talking about "slaughtering n-----s". You can take your pick of the multitude of things we aren't talking about here when we're on this topic. It still boggles my mind that the Trump Thread quickly turns on a dime into an anti-BLM and a "systemic racism doesn't exist in the US" thread by some here. What a tragic defensive wonderland to be in. Sort of reminds me of Trump himself: quickly change the subject and/or deny reality when it's looking grim.
          Last edited by phillipj; 07-01-2020, 05:18 PM.
          1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

"But Trump isn't a racist!!!!!! You're racist for saying so!"

*posts a video to his twitter where some white supremacists shout "white power"*

Ok....
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

"But Trump isn't a racist!!!!!! You're racist for saying so!"

*posts a video to his twitter where some white supremacists shout "white power"*

Ok....
              ^^ White House Official Response: "He did not hear the statements made on the video."

Even if in some fantasyland that is true, that makes you unbelievably sloppy, and you are NOT fit to be President of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

have watched Clockwork again a couple years ago. It's amazing watching some of these back, and thinking how awesome the "effects" were - at least it's less cheesy than CGI in it's infancy.
                very relatable film.

also the guy who plays alex i've seen him in a TON of stuff but never really noticed he was the guy because how old he got.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

I think the disconnect here is simply a product about what you see, the messaging; what kind of websites and news channels are you looking at daily? How diverse is the community you live in? Lots of people are dying all over this country, you're being told about certain events certain ways. Let's also not confuse who is rioting and who is protesting. Blatant racial injustice murders led to anger and unrest that has manifested all sorts of ways.

You know not too far from me we've had two black men hanged from trees in the last month. Seriously. https://abcnews.go.com/US/lawyer-rob...ry?id=71526074

So, you aren't talking about that. You probably aren't hearing about it either. And you aren't talking about Ahmed Arboury going jogging in his neighborhood and having three racists chase him down in a pickup and execute him in Georgia. And you aren't talking about the three officers in Wilmington recorded openly talking about "slaughtering n-----s". You can take your pick of the multitude of things we aren't talking about here when we're on this topic. It still boggles my mind that the Trump Thread quickly turns on a dime into an anti-BLM and a "systemic racism doesn't exist in the US" thread by some here. What a tragic defensive wonderland to be in. Sort of reminds me of Trump himself: quickly change the subject and/or deny reality when it's looking grim.
                  I categorically reject the term about racism you and the left use as a buzzword:
                  systemic, : fundamental to a predominant social, economic, or political practice

show me where racism is systemic. This is bullshit. The USA is not a fundamentally racist society, no matter how many times you repeat the phrase. Is there racism? Certainly, but not limited to white men.

About the rioters, who do you think they are/were? The founder of BET is laughing at the white privileged chicks protesting and rioting. The rioters are the left, progressive, educated whites as they have always been going back to the 1960’s. The right does not do the shit the left gets away with regarding violence and rioting. Society’s problem is not white racism, it’s the radical left. Are there any moderate democrats any longer?

It also dates to LBJ’s war on poverty which has led to the destruction of the black family. 70% of black children are born out of wedlock, no father present. This a recipe for disaster. The left’s solution? More government handouts further marrying the black community to the government.

And guess what? If the economy grows between now and Election Day, blacks will vote for Trump in larger numbers than any other Republican candidate. This was going to happen before all this happened. If the Democrats lose the black vote, it’s over.
                  Last edited by gwb72tii; 07-04-2020, 12:30 PM.
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

lol. If black votes for the KKK president are over 2%, I'd be amazed. And half of those probably got tricked.

​​​​​​The GOP doesn't want minorities to vote, that much has been clear for decades. Because they know what's coming.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                      very relatable film.

also the guy who plays alex i've seen him in a TON of stuff but never really noticed he was the guy because how old he got.

Malcom McDowell is a strong actor! A Clockwork Orange was really his first big role. The book "A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess is really a great, quick read and definitely beats the film if you ever want to pick it up. Different ending, too!

Weirdly this thread caused me to look up Malcom McDowell and his movies... he was recently in a remake of "Death Race 2000" - which I had never saw the original from 1975 - and watched that this weekend. Total B-movie Dystopian craziness. They kind of forsee a Trump character in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                        very relatable film.

Well, after-all, he was already 28yr old in Clockwork - which was now 49yr ago...

john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

you mean Logan's Run?

What a weird movie. I watched it as a kid on TV - they must have edited out all of the orgy scenes, because I definitely don't remember anything about that. lol. But yeah that movie was definitely memorable and still pretty watchable today. I think it was filmed in Austin Texas?
                          I was thinking about this the other day. I need to re-watch it.
                          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                            seriously, if BLM really meant BLM, where is the outrage of the shooting death of a 16 yr old black teenager last night? if the teen had been shot by police, would antifa and BLM be rioting in downtown Seattle again?
                            BLM is not about black lives, and antifa is not about facism.
                            I thought with age comes wisdom, you're working pretty hard to kill that belief.

If you don't think black youth growing up without opportunities and resorting to crime, or even being in a community which glorifies it isn't a byproduct of centuries of racial inequality, then you're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

I thought with age comes wisdom, you're working pretty hard to kill that belief.

If you don't think black youth growing up without opportunities and resorting to crime, or even being in a community which glorifies it isn't a byproduct of centuries of racial inequality, then you're an idiot.
                              So, what do you think the answer is to fix this problem? What legislation needs to be removed or created to remedy this systemic problem? What opportunities do they lack? Is this lack of opportunity exclusive to black Americans or all brown and black people?
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Acknowledging that the problem exists for starters, big step which enables change. Fighting people like gwb to even accept there's a problem is a huge hurdle, and old people like him are currently the decision makers.

I'm not naive enough to suggest black = oppressed, it's a much more complex issue than that. The zip code in which you grow up in will he a huge determinant for how successful in life you'll be, fix the regional issues which see certain groups more affected by a lack of a future than others.

Comment

Working...
                                X