No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. So the statements from the leader of South Korea just comes down to him sucking up to Trump?

Does that same logic apply to Lil' Kim? I mean, seems to me he saw the walls closing in around him, so maybe this entire talk is the North sucking up and trying to get on Trump's good side as well?

Just applying the same thoughts to both here.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Im totally fine with Trump getting a peace prize if he actually had a major contribution to causing it. If its all a political game its no different then Obama getting one for being black.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Wow. So the statements from the leader of South Korea just comes down to him sucking up to Trump?

Does that same logic apply to Lil' Kim? I mean, seems to me he saw the walls closing in around him, so maybe this entire talk is the North sucking up and trying to get on Trump's good side as well?

Just applying the same thoughts to both here.
        Wow? Really?

The wow I find is how all the ultra Right-wingers who refused to spend a dime are allowing him to run up deficits unthought of by Democrats in years past in the name of because Trump.

Also, what about the way right wingers pounced on keep your Dr, Guantanamo will be closed etc (yes lies) but Trump can say hundreds of demonstrably false things a month and crickets.

WOW!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Ruh roh, Fox is turning???

Neil Cavuto Calls Out Trump on His Pattern of False Statements: ‘Mr. President, That’s Your Swamp’

During a monologue on his Fox News show Thursday, Neil Cavuto called out President Donald Trump for railing against "fake news" while constantly giving them ammunition with his inconsistent and often contradictory statements.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

How long will Sanders stand being the bearer of Trump's parallel universe.

“We give the very best information that we have at the time.”

That was White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ response when ABC reporter Jonathan Karl asked her during Thursday’s press briefing how the American people could trust a president and White House that “show what appears to be a blatant disregard for the truth.”
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              How long will Sanders stand being the bearer of Trump's parallel universe.

“We give the very best information that we have at the time.”

That was White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ response when ABC reporter Jonathan Karl asked her during Thursday’s press briefing how the American people could trust a president and White House that “show what appears to be a blatant disregard for the truth.”
              Those paying attention/that give a damn can't.

What really bothers me is when the Republicans say the American people knew he was a liar and narcissist when they elected him/ The American people elected him.

Like he had a compelling mandate. He lost the popular vote. The American people rejected both candidates.

Comment

^

What we saw was the constitution working as the framers intended, and the electoral college working as intended.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Most Trump supporters know he's a liar and quite an incompetent dork. They like the character as it makes for a good show. He's defiant. Full of surprise. And easy to grasp. He makes no sense, he bends reality and he's perfect for a TV show. But one thing that these same supporters still didn't understand, is that the presidency is NOT a TV show. It is real life and has implications... So whenever I read somebody on this forum, supporting the orange monkey, it tells me a lot about the parallel universe in which that member lives... Call it alternate reality if you wish... ;-)
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    ^

What we saw was the constitution working as the framers intended, and the electoral college working as intended.
                    Thanks Captain Obvious, however, my POINT is he has no mandate. A mandate would be if an overwhelming number of voters elected him.

HE LOST THE POPULAR VOTE, NO MANDATE. THE BULK OF AMERICANS DID NOT VOTE FOR EITHER OF THEM, HE GOT FEWER VOTES.

And while on that fewer topic, he lied about how he got fewer claiming millions of illegal votes were cast for Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      ^

Actually, the truth of the matter is that many of the Framers believed that there would be frequent elections where no candidate would receive a majority of the votes in the Electoral College and therefore the choice for President would reside with the House of Representatives, which the Framers believed to be the true representatives of the people and intelligent enough to make that type of decision.

The reason for this thinking is mainly because the Framers didn't foresee a future with only two viable political parties. They crafted the Constitution in such a way that it led to this reality, but they definitely didn't foresee it happening. Their belief was that the common person wasn't really intelligent enough to elect the President, however, they could elect what we would call Activists today to be their representatives in Congress and those people would have the knowledge to make the decision as to who would be the president. Given that they envisioned many elections being decided in the House of Representatives rather than in the Electoral College it takes sense that they saw the Legislative Branch as the "First Branch" and worthy of such power.

So to say that the Election worked as the Framers would have wanted it is a bit deceiving given the facts of what the Framers really believed. This is also somewhat born out in the early stages of our country when the elections of 1800 and 1824 were decided by the House of Representatives. At the time that would have been 25% of all Presidential elections to date.

Comment

Pay to Play?

Sorry but didnt Trump ran on the notion that this wasn't a good thing?

Now this is starting to all make sense. I was wondering how an attorney with three clients (one of which disputes being such and says he might have paid him $10) makes a good decent money aside from his Taxi ventures.

AT&T confirmed Tuesday evening that it paid President Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen in 2017 for "insights into understanding the new administration."

Huh? Wouldn't reading "The art of the deal" be cheaper?

Long story short, a document released by Avenatti stated that "Essential received $200,000 in four separate payments of $50,000 in late 2017 and early 2018 from AT&T."

What Might AT&T, Novartis and a Russian Oligarch Have in Common? Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen's Bank Account

Is there anyone that can run for office that is not shady?

Maybe Cohen was running a scam on the side and not telling Trump?

Either way these companies have their own attorneys....what legal work was Cohen specifically providing that these other attorneys would not be able to do?

Especially to the tune of $500,000.00 in some cases.

Bribery is considered illegal, while lobbying is not. Bribery is considered a sale of power. However, lobbying is considered an influence of political power by offering contributions that affect political outcomes. Bribes may seem like small amounts compared to lobbying contributions, but therein lies the problem.

At the end, I am pretty sure, someone is going to be taking the fifth on this.

Edit: Apparently the AT&T payment was actually for $600,000.00 to discuss the merger. Perfectly legal but man, all that BS about pay to play from Clinton just to find out about this. Now via Giuliani: Trump did not know. Yeah like Trump stating he was never intimate with Stormy.
                        Last edited by Javier h; 05-10-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                          Those paying attention/that give a damn can't.

What really bothers me is when the Republicans say the American people knew he was a liar and narcissist when they elected him/ The American people elected him.

Like he had a compelling mandate. He lost the popular vote. The American people rejected both candidates.
                          Wrong. The EC worked as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                            Wrong. The EC worked as intended.
                            A) You ignored the primary point of my post: THEY WERE BOTH REJECTED.

B) The intent of the EC (A) no one would get enough EC votes so the EC would choose and (B) people are too stupid to choose the President so the electors would step in and stop an unacceptable candidate from taking office.

Trump was made for the second (B).

Thanks for playing though.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                              A) You ignored the primary point of my post: THEY WERE BOTH REJECTED.

B) The intent of the EC (A) no one would get enough EC votes so the EC would choose and (B) people are too stupid to choose the President so the electors would step in and stop an unacceptable candidate from taking office.

Trump was made for the second (B).

Thanks for playing though.
                              Ummm you're wrong in your break downs. If nobody gets enough EC votes, the house of representatives vote, and they get one vote per state. Most states have always had it to where the candidate with the most votes win the EC votes, so it has nothing to do with anyone's intelligence....

Well I've already read enough stupidity for the day so it's off to bed for me, see you in a couple months buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                                Ummm you're wrong in your break downs. If nobody gets enough EC votes, the house of representatives vote, and they get one vote per state. Most states have always had it to where the candidate with the most votes win the EC votes, so it has nothing to do with anyone's intelligence....

Well I've already read enough stupidity for the day so it's off to bed for me, see you in a couple months buddy
                                The only stupidity here is yours. Perhaps stop reading what you post?

I'll pass, no need to see/hear any more from you.

The Electoral College is a process, not a place. The founding fathers established it in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens.

The Electoral College process consists of the selection of the electors, the meeting of the electors where they vote for President and Vice President, and the counting of the electoral votes by Congress.

The Electoral College consists of 538 electors. A majority of 270 electoral votes is required to elect the President. Your state’s entitled allotment of electors equals the number of members in its Congressional delegation: one for each member in the House of Representatives plus two for your Senators. Read more about the allocation of electoral votes.

Under the 23rd Amendment of the Constitution, the District of Columbia is allocated 3 electors and treated like a state for purposes of the Electoral College. For this reason, in the following discussion, the word “state” also refers to the District of Columbia.

Each candidate running for President in your state has his or her own group of electors. The electors are generally chosen by the candidate’s political party, but state laws vary on how the electors are selected and what their responsibilities are. Read more about the qualifications of the Electors and restrictions on who the Electors may vote for.

The presidential election is held every four years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. You help choose your state’s electors when you vote for President because when you vote for your candidate you are actually voting for your candidate’s electors.

Most states have a “winner-take-all” system that awards all electors to the winning presidential candidate. However, Maine and Nebraska each have a variation of “proportional representation.” Read more about the allocation of Electors among the states and try to predict the outcome of the Electoral College vote.

After the presidential election, your governor prepares a “Certificate of Ascertainment” listing all of the candidates who ran for President in your state along with the names of their respective electors. The Certificate of Ascertainment also declares the winning presidential candidate in your state and shows which electors will represent your state at the meeting of the electors in December of the election year. Your stateÂ’s Certificates of Ascertainments are sent to the Congress and the National Archives as part of the official records of the presidential election. See the key dates for the 2016 election and information about the roles and responsibilities of state officials, the Office of the Federal Register and the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), and the Congress in the Electoral College process.

The meeting of the electors takes place on the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December after the presidential election. The electors meet in their respective states, where they cast their votes for President and Vice President on separate ballots. Your state’s electors’ votes are recorded on a “Certificate of Vote,” which is prepared at the meeting by the electors. Your state’s Certificates of Votes are sent to the Congress and the National Archives as part of the official records of the presidential election. See the key dates for the 2016 election and information about the roles and responsibilities of state officials and the Congress in the Electoral College process.

Each state’s electoral votes are counted in a joint session of Congress on the 6th of January in the year following the meeting of the electors. Members of the House and Senate meet in the House chamber to conduct the official tally of electoral votes. See the key dates for the 2016 election and information about the role and responsibilities of Congress in the Electoral College process.

The Vice President, as President of the Senate, presides over the count and announces the results of the vote. The President of the Senate then declares which persons, if any, have been elected President and Vice President of the United States.

The President-Elect takes the oath of office and is sworn in as President of the United States on January 20th in the year following the Presidential election.

Comment

Working...
                                X