Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's do it, conspiracy theory time......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so long as they are not conservatives, or have strong religious beliefs.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Nah, you're good sleeve. That's accurate. I just love the laid back lifestyle out here in the middle of nowhere.
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Ok, I've been silent for a little while, but I would like to point out that I think one major component is being left out of this discussion, a definition of investment. It seems from what has been posted recently that the assumption is that investment = more jobs. I'm going to argue that's usually not the case.

Offering tax incentives for corporations to bring headquarters back from overseas and invest in more production capacity is great, however, this is under the assumption that the consumer will purchase more. With higher consumption there is a necessity for corporations to expand production facilities as well as hire more workers to staff those facilities, which would equate to trickle-down economics actually working. However, the nature of production is that it has become increasingly automated so the "trickle-down" doesn't actually equate to more jobs.

Much of the investment that corporations have been doing is actually in technologies that allow them to hire few people, not more. So although corporations may move from one state to another or one country to another because they have more money to invest because the taxes are lower, that doesn't necessarily mean that their investment is going to equate to more jobs for Americans, in fact, it may have the opposite effect, fewer jobs for Americans because more of the production can be automated.

So although lower taxes for corporations seems like a good idea because corporations can become more profitable and therefore the investor sees more value for their dollar invested, that's about as far as the benefit goes. Anyone who loses a job because of automation or anyone that doesn't have money invested in the market (which a large number of Americans truly don't because they were never taught how to do so or they never worked a job that offered such a benefit) are actually worse off than they were before.

So I just don't buy the argument that lower corporate taxes = more money for the average person. This line of thinking ignores many variables that ultimately corrupt the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Just so long as they are not conservatives, or have strong religious beliefs.
          you're making lots of assumptions.

this is me, spending my own time volunteering to do tech crew work at a local church called Epic- i've spent several weekends working 0700-1400 for them helping run the A/V component of the sermon. my girlfriend sometimes helps run the internet stream of the service, if you ever feel like tuning in. the pastors are named Ben and Will and they've been very welcoming, even knowing that i am and will probably remain agnostic. https://www.epicsf.com

my mother is about as strongly conservative as you are and i still manage to have calm and rational discussions with her.

it's always been a tenet of american politics that we're allowed to disagree with each other. disagreeing with someone is not the same as saying they're not allowed to have their opinion, or practice their faith.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

As Republicans sprint to pass their tax plan, the one question on everyone’s mind is: Will this help or hurt me?

Where do I spend it first?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Currently hooked on Netflix series Wormwood, conspiracy theory drool fest. Unbelievable, yet believable at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                it's always been a tenet of american politics that we're allowed to disagree with each other. Disagreeing with someone is not the same as saying they're not allowed to have their opinion, or practice their faith.
                qft!!
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    qft!!
                    well look at that, we found a way to reach across the aisle. an anarchist and a conservative agree on something.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      well look at that, we found a way to reach across the aisle. an anarchist and a conservative agree on something.
                      Merry Christmas young man
                      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post

Easy in poverty? Who the fuck ants to be poor?
                        you know exactly who.

Comment

Hmm

Comment

Not at all surprised. This is typical moves from the playbook. I wonder how long until "the people of Syria" overthrow Assad
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post

Hmm
                              Not really a conspiracy. The hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, we claimed Afghanistan, then went into Iraq. And where did all the contracts go to fix the oil field problems in Iraq go...........heard of Halliburton?

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Not at all surprised. This is typical moves from the playbook. I wonder how long until "the people of Syria" overthrow Assad
                              Why do you think the US is getting involved? Assad is closing in one winning the civil war and we don't like that.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Why do you think the US is getting involved? Assad is closing in one winning the civil war and we don't like that.

Hence the quotes... USA doesn’t like it and so the people will get some assistance because USA doesn’t want him in power
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X