Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Awwww, more soyboys afraid to stand up publicly for what they believe in. Or they want to be sucker punching bitches that can't be held liable for the crimes. Hmmmm, seriously difficult question.

    What's that other famous American group, known for violence, that always kept their faces covered in public?

    Man, it's right there on the tip of my tongue, I just can't......
    lol

    You don't know me. You don't know my politics. You don't know if I'm a Trump supporter, Antifa member, proud liberal, proud conservative, proud libertarian or any number of things. You just assume. You create a divide because you're unwilling to converse.

    I have a problem with anyone saying that the wearing of an item of clothing meant to mask one's identity in public should be illegal, especially during the exercising of Constitutional rights. It's a combination issue of First and Fourth Amendments and can be used to suppress speech.

    You're welcome to go down the very long list of things I didn't say, but perhaps you should dial it back to the things I did.
    1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

    Comment


      Originally posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post
      lol

      You don't know me. You don't know my politics. You don't know if I'm a Trump supporter, Antifa member, proud liberal, proud conservative, proud libertarian or any number of things. You just assume. You create a divide because you're unwilling to converse.

      I have a problem with anyone saying that the wearing of an item of clothing meant to mask one's identity in public should be illegal, especially during the exercising of Constitutional rights. It's a combination issue of First and Fourth Amendments and can be used to suppress speech.

      You're welcome to go down the very long list of things I didn't say, but perhaps you should dial it back to the things I did.
      I didn't say wearing a mask should be illegal that was someone else, so if you want to play that card, keep it straight as well. That was gwb at the top of this page.

      Also, couldn't care less about your politics. I pointed something out in your statement and like decay always does, instead of addressing it, you change the subject.

      *yawn*
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

      www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

      Comment


        Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        I didn't say wearing a mask should be illegal that was someone else, so if you want to play that card, keep it straight as well. That was gwb at the top of this page.

        Also, couldn't care less about your politics. I pointed something out in your statement and like decay always does, instead of addressing it, you change the subject.

        *yawn*
        your failure to understand the connection between the two statements does not make it a subject change
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        current:
        1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
        2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

        Comment


          Originally posted by decay View Post
          your failure to understand the connection between the two statements does not make it a subject change
          Go ahead and explain then.

          GWB said there should be enhanced penalties for wearing masks while protesting. I never agreed or disagreed, but Danny pointed out in California there is already a statute regarding this.

          I compared Antifa to the KKK because they both conceal their identities because they don't want to be held accountable for their crimes.


          Oh right, the connection is both groups are afraid to stand up, publicly, for their beliefs.
          Last edited by z31maniac; 10-18-2018, 11:56 AM.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

          www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

          Comment


            Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Oh right, the connection is both groups are afraid to stand up, publicly, for their beliefs.
            add me on facebook and you'll see how shy i am about having anti-fascist sentiments associated with my real name
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            current:
            1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
            2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

            Comment


              Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              I didn't say wearing a mask should be illegal that was someone else, so if you want to play that card, keep it straight as well. That was gwb at the top of this page.

              Also, couldn't care less about your politics. I pointed something out in your statement and like decay always does, instead of addressing it, you change the subject.

              *yawn*
              What did you point out, that I'm a "soyboy" if I want to wear a mask during a rally/protest, or that I could be a "sucker punching bitch?"

              Did you not change the subject by bringing up an unconnected group of mask-wearers rather than addressing privacy concerns, or was it your intention to say masks enable that sort of behavior?

              I'm afraid my clients will disagree with my beliefs, yes. I'm not willing to torpedo years in the industry because one of my direction-leaning clients saw me peacefully protesting and is unable to separate business from pleasure. I'm not willing to torpedo years in the industry because one of my competitors decides to skewer me for my beliefs. You may think that's cowardice, and that's fine, but I think it's protecting my earning potential.
              Last edited by SOneThreeCoupe; 10-18-2018, 03:34 PM.
              1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

              Comment


                Originally posted by decay View Post
                add me on facebook and you'll see how shy i am about having anti-fascist sentiments associated with my real name
                Ya know, I would consider taking you up on that to see how you present your views without us busting your balls. But I'm not sure you wouldn't try to doxx me to prove to a point.

                I mean we both know we could doxx each other, but even though we disagree, I wouldn't go that far.
                Last edited by z31maniac; 10-18-2018, 08:24 PM.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

                www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  Ya know, I would consider taking you up on that to see how you present your views without us busting your balls. But I'm not sure you wouldn't try to doxx me to prove to a point.

                  I mean we both know we could doxx each other, but even though we disagree, I wouldn't go that far.
                  facebook or otherwise, you have my word that i will not do that. yeah we disagree a lot but you're not a white supremacist and you don't present a threat to anyone i know, which are the only two reasons i can think of that i'd bother.
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  current:
                  1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
                  2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Go ahead and explain then.

                    GWB said there should be enhanced penalties for wearing masks while protesting. I never agreed or disagreed, but Danny pointed out in California there is already a statute regarding this.

                    I compared Antifa to the KKK because they both conceal their identities because they don't want to be held accountable for their crimes.


                    Oh right, the connection is both groups are afraid to stand up, publicly, for their beliefs.
                    Enhanced penalties for committing a crime while masked, not while protesting
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                      Enhanced penalties for committing a crime while masked, not while protesting
                      i'm glad you clarified that.

                      to reiterate, the reasons people wear masks is that even peaceful protest can get you doxxed.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      current:
                      1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
                      2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

                      Comment


                        So nobody going to point out the obvious irony here? People debating the wearing of masks for anonymity in real life. While using the anonymity of an online forum, I.e. a mask, to voice their opinions about the very same subjects.

                        Comment


                          troll account is a troll
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


                          The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

                          Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by decay View Post
                            to reiterate, the reasons people wear masks is that even peaceful protest can get you doxxed.
                            So are you for or against doxxing? Seems you straddle the line based on the circumstance.

                            Personally, doxxing of individuals personal information should be illegal. Doxxing or whistleblowing of government agencies, or government personnel's work info, etc I'm okay with. And the reason for this is that, in most cases, I believe the public has a right to know what it's government and it's officials are up to. We put them there, and we pay for it.
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post
                              So nobody going to point out the obvious irony here? People debating the wearing of masks for anonymity in real life. While using the anonymity of an online forum, I.e. a mask, to voice their opinions about the very same subjects.
                              Many of the people in this subforum, and the forum in general know each other personally. Have hung out with them, have their phone numbers, and speak to each other outside of the forum.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

                              www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                                So are you for or against doxxing? Seems you straddle the line based on the circumstance.
                                i listed the two conditions that would make me consider doing it, three posts above yours. on this page. come on man, fucking read.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                current:
                                1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
                                2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X