Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you went straight back to "NO U" and finger pointing and ignored the question that would have kept the conversation on your desired track (the last paragraph of your previous post), so you don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling people out about consistency
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

well decay, and frankly others, I'm surprised you haven't learned one of life's rules

violence begets violence and doesn't change minds or opinions, it hardens them

Antifa is frankly a pathetic excuse to knock heads around, nothing more, just like the Patriot boys or whatever they call themselves. For the great unwashed, to quote Rush, both sides are seen as immature, dangerous idiots that serve no higher calling other than violence.

congrats on being able somehow to delude yourself into thinking your serving a higher calling
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think I am going to have to add another person to my "pay no attention to" list.
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
          ^but that doesn’t make for a good sound bite for tv. So much intellectual laziness going around. Much like term limits. People are so damn lazy they want the govt to impose term limits for them when we damn well already control how many terms a member of Congress will serve. Quit giving our constitutional responsibilities to the govt to decide.
          Maybe you didn’t get the context of my post. I fully understand the amendment process. The point is a politician gets the tv sound byte of “I’m for term limits” John Q Public says to himself: he will vote for term limits.l, they get my vote. Candidates say what they will knowing that the willpower to impose them does not match reality. As such, we already have term limits in the form of voting out incumbents. It’s our responsibility to vote accordingly and the vote for insert politician who is for term limits is b.s. One is giving away a power they already posses to a hollow promise.

Much like decays simple logic of I pay taxes so every politician should be open for doxxing because they have my money. It might sound good on a 5 sec tv clip to someone who doesn’t think it through to what the ends of it may be.

I won’t get into why not having term limits isn’t a bad idea in my mind. Especially if one is worried about an centralization of power in one branch of govt.

I believe I understand the context of your first post in that the voting public has the ability to vote out anyone at any election, thus ending there term and limiting terms in general... correct. I believe that is what you are referring to?

Now, the issue with this philosophy is if you go around thinking this way then the party in power loses a chance to remain in power with a different representative. I don’t believe you can have two democrat candidates, or two republican candidates running for the same position. If you vote out the representative in power, you effectively vote in the opposition. That is not what you are attempting to accomplish.

We have that problem up here in the great white north with our PM. We don’t vote him in. The party picks its leader and we vote on our local representative of whatever party we like. The leader of the party that wins becomes PM. He or she just has to win his /her local riding to be admissible, and even then there are ways around that.
          This created a big issue when people were sick and tired of Stephen Harpers control freak nature and wanted him gone. The only way to get him out was throw the party out of power, even though the party was doing a decent job on most things.(subjective) So now we have a drop out drama teacher running our country, spending out of control.
          Originally posted by codyep3
          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
          2010 F650gs twin
          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
            I believe I understand the context of your first post in that the voting public has the ability to vote out anyone at any election, thus ending there term and limiting terms in general... correct. I believe that is what you are referring to?

Now, the issue with this philosophy is if you go around thinking this way then the party in power loses a chance to remain in power with a different representative. I don’t believe you can have two democrat candidates, or two republican candidates running for the same position. If you vote out the representative in power, you effectively vote in the opposition. That is not what you are attempting to accomplish.

We have that problem up here in the great white north with our PM. We don’t vote him in. The party picks its leader and we vote on our local representative of whatever party we like. The leader of the party that wins becomes PM. He or she just has to win his /her local riding to be admissible, and even then there are ways around that.
            This created a big issue when people were sick and tired of Stephen Harpers control freak nature and wanted him gone. The only way to get him out was throw the party out of power, even though the party was doing a decent job on most things.(subjective) So now we have a drop out drama teacher running our country, spending out of control.

My post wasn’t really saying for or against term limits as much as it was about people falling for candidates who say they are for them, as they realistically have no power, or more importantly the will, to amend the constitution for the reasons you listed. It is more a cheap talking point, that if anyone thinks through it realizes it as such.

I think our founders were ingenious in the way they set up our checks and balances to avoid a scenario like Canada’s with your PM. I also believe the way our founderscame up with such an amazing government structure was through compromise and bi-partisanship. Clearly the founders were bitterly divided when forming our govt as evidenced by the federalist- and ant-federalist papers. Thank God they were divided, as often group think leads to ideas that are flawed in the long run.

Having said that: in most states one would need to primary a candidate, which has happened a few times in the last few years, to have a new candidate of the same party. It is hard admittedly to primary an incumbent as they get the backing and more importantly the $$$ of the national party, but it is doable.

I think California is an exception where you can have two of the same party running against each other in the general election with no opposition party based on their state laws.... which leads to even less diverse politica thought as both candidates are typically trying to out flank the other farther and farther to the same direction.

In the end however, we the electorate ultimately hold the power and the ability to vote in new people.There is no true need for an amendment, as we can vote out an incumbent every 2 to 6 yrs depending on their office. Now with the inter-webs it should be easier than ever to bring in new and fresh people to an engaged and thinking electorate. However, people are sheeppole
            Last edited by naplesE30; 10-25-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
              We have that problem up here in the great white north with our PM. We don’t vote him in. The party picks its leader and we vote on our local representative of whatever party we like.
              Trudeau was voted in by his party members, who are citizens.

Comment

In the end however, we the electorate ultimately hold the power and the ability to vote in new people.There is no true need for an amendment, as we can vote out an incumbent every 2 to 6 yrs depending on their office. Now with the inter-webs it should be easier than ever to bring in new and fresh people to an engaged and thinking electorate. However, people are sheeppole
                I agree with you in principle. But with our current campaign structure and Citizens United... I don't think the electorate has a fair shot at getting the information they need to make a decision that would actually be in their best interest. We live in a world of 30 second attack ads where sound bites are taken out of context or flat out lied about. The majority aren't even run by the candidate's campaign itself, but the PACs. Also, we need to remove the party ticket vote from the ballot. Talk about encouraging group think. Even if you want to vote straight ticket... you can take the time to go ahead and check those boxes.
                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                -----------------------------------------
                91 318is Turbo Sold
                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                06 4.8is X5
                06 Mtec X3
                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                90 325i Sold
                97 328is Sold
                01 323ci Sold
                92 325i Sold
                83 528e Totaled
                98 328i Sold
                93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                  violence begets violence and doesn't change minds or opinions, it hardens them
                  the first part is true, but that doesn't make it a permanent condition

if you think violence never accomplishes anything, you are not a student of either war, history, or current social politics

congrats on being able somehow to delude yourself into thinking your serving a higher calling
                  i was in the army, remember?

not my first rodeo
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Schnitzer: I agree on the 30sec ads and context. There is a serious lack of honesty in politicians and the public in general. For instance, while I would never have supported Clinton, her deplorable comment was clearly in reference to the alt right and not Trump supporters as a whole. It still irks me when people call themselves deplorable as a badge of pride. Likewise, many things Trump says are completely taken out of context and twisted against him. I donÂ’t think the majority are interested in the truth as sad as that is. They are looking for affirmation, however they need to twist it, in there beliefs. You and I prob have opposite views on the majority of issues, but you seem to be an honest broker who is willing to confront your own side which is what is needed from both sides.

So much fodder for attack ads could be avoided with some new Senate rules. The way bills for something like hurricane relief will include funding for other pet projects puts politicians in almost impossible situations one way or another. Then an add says so and so voted for this pork or against hurricane relief. It makes it so easy to deceive the public with bs attack adds. I also think eliminating the filibuster was a monumental mistake and has far reaching consequences which has lead to this toxic environment. The founders knew what would happen if the simple majority party rammed shit down the throat of the minority party. 60 votes almost always requires a bit of bipartisanship which is better for the health of the country no matter how hard it is to accomplish sometimes.
                    Last edited by naplesE30; 10-25-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

if you think violence never accomplishes anything, you are not a student of either war, history, or current social politics
                      How are you that lost where you feel your the anti fascist, while arguing that violence and the intimidation it causes will change hearts if used properly over time. I don’t expect anyone on a bmw car forum to undue the knots in your head to come to that logic, but you have lost a grip on reality if you believe what you post.

Also, how have the aggressors of violence fared throughout history?
                      Last edited by naplesE30; 10-25-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

you went straight back to "NO U" and finger pointing and ignored the question that would have kept the conversation on your desired track (the last paragraph of your previous post), so you don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to calling people out about consistency
                        Oh whatever man, there you go again, failing to address what I actually said. My comments about what you said in relation to privacy have everything to do with the conversation about Kavanaugh. I stated my claim, I don't believe public figures should have every aspect of their lives made public. You stated they should, then maybe not all, I called out your shifting position. My calling you out is most certainly not a shift from the topic, it's a highlight of what you've said on the topic.

Comment

Do you think committing or at least being prepared to commit violent acts against people who are there to do the same to you achieves anything? For every redneck antifa punches in the face on camera at one of these events, you embolden untold numbers of right leaning people to harbor animosity for you, your cause, and anything you might wish to achieve. No one is achieving anything, everyone simply goes home home with bruises and scar tissue which hardens their shells. The opposition is no longer the person they disagree with, they're the enemy.

When are you going to run for office? The only way to effect change is from within and by influencing the younger generations.

Comment

Cale, come on. Haven't we shown that he doesn't operate with anything that could be called a code of ethics?

The guy can't even handle answering questions that are asked of him. Immediate Ad Hominems abound.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              Cale, come on. Haven't we shown that he doesn't operate with anything that could be called a code of ethics?

The guy can't even handle answering questions that are asked of him. Immediate Ad Hominems abound.
                              if you asked those questions without framing them within a perjorative, you might not get clapped back on, genius
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

if you asked those questions without framing them within a perjorative, you might not get clapped back on, genius
                                So a word you don't like, negates the question.

Why is this not shocking to me?
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X