Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naplesE30
    replied
    2+2=4 because I said so.

Does that now make it an opinion since I added a “because” or should that be left out...I so confused.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Doxxing does not equal transparency. You are misguided.
    people who make arguments without a "because" are basically saying "because i said so"

i like to tell those people to shove their unbackable opinions where the sun don't shine

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Doxxing does not equal transparency. You are misguided.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Much like decays simple logic of I pay taxes so every politician should be open for doxxing because they have my money. It might sound good on a 5 sec tv clip to someone who doesn’t think it through to what the ends of it may be.
    once again, if that's your limited understanding of what i'm saying, the simple is on your end

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
    "The second part of Article V of the Constitution allows us to bypass Congress. We would be able to call a Term Limits Convention which would ultimately allow us to impose the necessary term limits on Congress.

Here’s how it was set up by our founding fathers:

- Two-thirds of state legislatures (34) pass bills applying for the Term Limits Convention.
    - Congress is mandated to call the Convention.
    - The Convention, which features delegates chosen by the states, proposes one or more term limits amendments.
    - Three-quarters of states (38) must ratify the amendment, either by legislature or state convention."

^That doesn't sound very easy to accomplish naples. I hardly think term limits is something that is readily changeable by the citizenry. Is it possible? Technically, yes. But I'm not going to hold my breath for 34 state legislatures to pass bills applying for that convention. I know mine wouldn't.
    Maybe you didn’t get the context of my post. I fully understand the amendment process. The point is a politician gets the tv sound byte of “I’m for term limits” John Q Public says to himself: he will vote for term limits.l, they get my vote. Candidates say what they will knowing that the willpower to impose them does not match reality. As such, we already have term limits in the form of voting out incumbents. It’s our responsibility to vote accordingly and the vote for insert politician who is for term limits is b.s. One is giving away a power they already posses to a hollow promise.

Much like decays simple logic of I pay taxes so every politician should be open for doxxing because they have my money. It might sound good on a 5 sec tv clip to someone who doesn’t think it through to what the ends of it may be.

I won’t get into why not having term limits isn’t a bad idea in my mind. Especially if one is worried about an centralization of power in one branch of govt.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 10-23-2018, 06:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    "The second part of Article V of the Constitution allows us to bypass Congress. We would be able to call a Term Limits Convention which would ultimately allow us to impose the necessary term limits on Congress.

Here’s how it was set up by our founding fathers:

- Two-thirds of state legislatures (34) pass bills applying for the Term Limits Convention.
    - Congress is mandated to call the Convention.
    - The Convention, which features delegates chosen by the states, proposes one or more term limits amendments.
    - Three-quarters of states (38) must ratify the amendment, either by legislature or state convention."

^That doesn't sound very easy to accomplish naples. I hardly think term limits is something that is readily changeable by the citizenry. Is it possible? Technically, yes. But I'm not going to hold my breath for 34 state legislatures to pass bills applying for that convention. I know mine wouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. If you live within the country and you participate by voting (stated just above this post) then you are consenting to paying taxes, that's part of the compromise when you are a part of a society. You give up some of your freedom (and money) so that you can benefit from the protections and advantages of the society.
    and depending on your level of involvement with the government, you may give away more, such as being subject to UCMJ if you're in the military, or having to maintain a security clearance if you're working with a TLA

politicians are public figures and have less expectation of privacy. we audit the taxes of presidential candidates- or, we used to before corruption took over

transparency is absolutely more important. if you're calling that "intellectually lazy" then i wonder if you understand the implications of what we're talking about

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    ^but that doesn’t make for a good sound bite for tv. So much intellectual laziness going around. Much like term limits. People are so damn lazy they want the govt to impose term limits for them when we damn well already control how many terms a member of Congress will serve. Quit giving our constitutional responsibilities to the govt to decide.

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    if politicians have access to my paycheck without my consent, then they forfeit their right to privacy.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. If you live within the country and you participate by voting (stated just above this post) then you are consenting to paying taxes, that's part of the compromise when you are a part of a society. You give up some of your freedom (and money) so that you can benefit from the protections and advantages of the society.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Not changing many minds by doxxing
    when antifa doxxed the proud boys who ran around looking for counter-protesters to fight in new york, the local police finally decided to go after them rather than pulling security on them

seems like we changed someone's mind there

i'm registered to vote, and i will. i just don't think political action has to be limited to voting

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Vote much? Seems a pretty good way to hold politicians accountable. Not changing many minds by doxxing and screaming at them at dinner, or their front yard..... quite the opposite actually. I have yet to hear a politician say the screaming protester throwing a temper tantrum persuaded them.
    No shit. I intend to vote for O'Rourke here. Not because I am Dem, or support all of their policies, but because Cruz is a shit stain (as is Cornyn) and I want to send a message to him and all the PACs that pay for his campaign and his policies. I feel the same about most of the incumbents actually... regardless of political party affiliation.

If anything you are galvanizing minds against your cause by acting in uncivilized forms of dissent. Myself for example. I am 100% for protesting and political oversight by the citizenry. Up to and including unrest. But I can not support any group that doesn't respect the property of the rest of the citizens. Vandalizing and destruction hurts the average citizen and the community, not the policies you disagree with.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    that’ll be my opinion until you find a better way to hold our public servants accountable for their actions.

Vote much? Seems a pretty good way to hold politicians accountable. Not changing many minds by doxxing and screaming at them at dinner, or their front yard..... quite the opposite actually. I have yet to hear a politician say the screaming protester throwing a temper tantrum persuaded them.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    5 posts... but who's counting.

I was looking for clarification. You were okay with politician's personal information being leaked earlier in the thread. Or am I remembering someone else?
    still on the SAME FUCKING PAGE, so point stands.

after you clarifying what you meant, yes. ideologically, this is somewhere i’m probably in alignment with the libertarian crowd here. if politicians have access to my paycheck without my consent, then they forfeit their right to privacy.

i still have rules of engagement that apply after that general sentiment. you’ve read those conditions already.

that’ll be my opinion until you find a better way to hold our public servants accountable for their actions.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    i listed the two conditions that would make me consider doing it, three posts above yours. on this page. come on man, fucking read.
    5 posts... but who's counting.

I was looking for clarification. You were okay with politician's personal information being leaked earlier in the thread. Or am I remembering someone else?

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    So are you for or against doxxing? Seems you straddle the line based on the circumstance.
    i listed the two conditions that would make me consider doing it, three posts above yours. on this page. come on man, fucking read.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X