Sessions Firing Protests Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sessions Firing Protests Thread

Throwing this here as it kinda looks like these could be big, rather then have it get buried in the Trump thread.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Dang, what?

He hasn't even announced a replacement. Is it Rosenstein?
    I do things.

Comment

No, Rosenstein has integrity, Trump's kryptonite.

Current Bimmers:
      1991 525i, lagungrun
      1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
      1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
      1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
      1989 325is, bronzit
      1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
      1981 320i, saphirblau
      1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Whitaker is going to be the new AG.

They planned this out very carefully to delete the investigation.

Sessions 'resigning' allows Trump to appoint Whitaker which means the consul has to report to him instead of Rosenstein from now on. Whitaker is a Trumper and has made it apparent multiple times the ways he will obstruct the Investigation to stop it from coming up with anything else.

Hence the protests, You protest before Democracy is ignored, not after.
        willschnitz

Comment

Wouldn't he need to be confirmed by the Senate first?

Comment

The AG serves at the pleasure of the President. The President is his direct boss.
            Thought you'all knew this. The President can fire the AG without reason whenever he/she chooses to. It is a political appointment.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Gentlejackjones View Post
              No, Rosenstein has integrity, Trump's kryptonite.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Chris Christie is being thrown around as potential AG replacement. Finally, all his kissing Trump's ass will pay off. I hope it happens because there is only one man that I dislike more than Trump, and that's Christie. I'd like to watch that fail boat sail for as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                  The AG serves at the pleasure of the President. The President is his direct boss.
                  Thought you'all knew this. The President can fire the AG without reason whenever he/she chooses to. It is a political appointment.
                  You are right, but the way he fired him enables him to have the 'acting' AG act as if he is a real AG. They still have to be formally confirmed and that isn't going to happen any time soon. It is worrying because the new acting AG is a Failed Politician from Iowa who managed to become notable because of his crazy opinion pieces, not because of any notable legal knowledge.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Well you have to have an acting AG until a new nominee clears the Senate, correct?
                    What else is Trump supposed to do. Frankly Sessions needed to be fired some time ago.
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I believe it would be a good idea if this thread was started off with some agreed upon facts. Otherwise this will become yet another circle jerk.

Firstly, yes the president has the power to fire and install an acting AG.

Secondly, this appointment must be with the advice and consent of the Senate. Emphasis on consent. Meaning confirmation.

Basically until the Senate holds a confirmation hearing there are checks on the power of an "acting" AG. They are there to continue running day to day operations. However, they are not allowed to create, change, or influence already ongoing investigations. As this is outside their power, any of these actions are considered unconstitutional.

This was designed as a check on presidential power. As a way to prevent the appointment of people solely loyal to the president, and thus a protection of democracy. Presidents can pick, but the Senate must confirm before full powers are granted to appointees.

Comment

Working...
                      X