the economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^+1
    It is obvious that the feds are interested in fixing symptoms not the cause.
    I was just recently reading about them planning for another quantitative easing when the downturn is here. Which simply means lets just print some more money now and we will deal with the debt balloons later. Catastrophe inevitable.
    » PARTS FOR SALE
    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

The economy is fine except for the fact that an M20 timing belt kit tripled in cost since I got my first E30 ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by packratbimmer View Post
        The economy is fine except for the fact that an M20 timing belt kit tripled in cost since I got my first E30 ;-)
        Hence the M30 swap.
        » PARTS FOR SALE
        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          ^+1
          It is obvious that the feds are interested in fixing symptoms not the cause.
          I was just recently reading about them planning for another quantitative easing when the downturn is here. Which simply means lets just print some more money now and we will deal with the debt balloons later. Catastrophe inevitable.
          As long as we are the military power, our currency reigns supreme.

What has our national debt done in the last 15 years?

Ready to move to another country because of it? I bet not.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              As long as we are the military power, our currency reigns supreme.
              There's no relation between the US currency strength and its military power. What holds a currency, among a few things since the US dollar is no longer backed by gold, is the demand for that currency. The US is making sure that oil is sold in US currency. Therefore the whole world needs US notes to buy oil. Creating a high demand. See what happens when countries refuse to use US dollar to trade oil... And witness how Saudi Arabia, a major oil exporter, holds the US by the balls... No wonder Trump is so forgiving with the Saudis...

Venezuela is the last country to fall victim for not trading oil with petrodollars. After Iraq, Libya, Iran...

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                There's no relation between the US currency strength and its military power. What holds a currency, among a few things since the US dollar is no longer backed by gold, is the demand for that currency. The US is making sure that oil is sold in US currency. Therefore the whole world needs US notes to buy oil. Creating a high demand. See what happens when countries refuse to use US dollar to trade oil... And witness how Saudi Arabia, a major oil exporter, holds the US by the balls... No wonder Trump is so forgiving with the Saudis...

Venezuela is the last country to fall victim for not trading oil with petrodollars. After Iraq, Libya, Iran...

https://youtu.be/Mtba_KqCmUQ

And what do you think assures our ability to ensure oil is traded in US currency?

Is it because we say nice things?

The naivete with you is astounding.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Yeah, how does the oil get to its destination? Through waterways protected by...you guessed it...the US Navy! In recent years China has been trying to build a navy that will rival the US, however, they've worked against making the Yen a global currency for oil by devaluing it continuously. Their focus has also been predominantly in the South China Sea and the Indian Ocean, where as the US projects its naval fleet across the entire world along with its military might. Anyone that thinks the US is in decline doesn't realize how many bases there are across the entire globe and the US's ability to influence any country by simply moving the military around.

Comment

Ummmm... Deficit up 23.1% this year

Comment

President Moron with the Tax Cut to the very richest and the fun Tariff winners and losers game is about to send the whole enchilada in the ditch again. I'd be getting all in cash by the new year -- if you are that lucky. My construction guys working with me are just trying to get their paycheck.

Comment

Each time we get closer to Congress having to initiate more borrowing (looks like September), people start talking about how the US financial situation is becoming bleak. It's been this way for how many years now?

I stated in the other thread that I wanted to reduce our yearly deficits and slow our overall debt increases in the other thread about the primaries, but why do people feel as though there is imminent economic catastrophe waiting around the corner?

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                          Each time we get closer to Congress having to initiate more borrowing (looks like September), people start talking about how the US financial situation is becoming bleak. It's been this way for how many years now?

I stated in the other thread that I wanted to reduce our yearly deficits and slow our overall debt increases in the other thread about the primaries, but why do people feel as though there is imminent economic catastrophe waiting around the corner?
                          Inverse yield that now short-term bonds are producing greater returns than long-term.

That's typically a good sign a recession is on the way.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Right I get the inverted yield curve, but the last one occurred at the end of 2018, where we did see a drop from Oct-Dec, however, the market has recovered from there to new highs.

I'm not expecting the market to continually go up, there has to be the expectation of pull-backs along the way, but people seem to believe that there is a 2008 level event on the horizon, why? That's what I'm asking...

Comment

Right I get the inverted yield curve, but the last one occurred at the end of 2018, where we did see a drop from Oct-Dec, however, the market has recovered from there to new highs.

I'm not expecting the market to continually go up, there has to be the expectation of pull-backs along the way, but people seem to believe that there is a 2008 level event on the horizon, why? That's what I'm asking...
                              A Democrat being elected and multiple new taxes being implemented would be my guess. NOTE: I said guess, before I get jumped on for speculation.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Debt Crisis snowballs based on everything leading up to now

My guess would be fissures leading to gaping cracks late Summer/Early Fall 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X