Democratic Primary Season 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

I'm damn happy I've been working way too much and have not been able to catch any of these debates a year and a half before the election, especially if I have to hear questions from Racheal Maddow or Chuck Todd who weekly do more harm than good in this country.
    X100000000

Especially that last part about the blatantly biased Mods of said debates. I am not sure whom I dislike more the crying lesbian or the self absorbed buffoon with 2 first names
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      X100000000

Especially that last part about the blatantly biased Mods of said debates. I am not sure whom I dislike more the crying lesbian or the self absorbed buffoon with 2 first names
      Yeah, that's a tough one! Both are so completely awful, and for me let's be clear it's for their smoke screening -- intentional lack of true reporting or focus on real issues. Them and their shows, in a similar but in a slightly different way than abhorrent Fox News, makes this country's politics worse. If you want to be distracted, watch them.

These are the despicable people that will message to you that Clinton (or Biden, etc) is the obvious choice because of their 'electability' or neglect to examine the, let's say, real problems the Democrats had in the last election, and instead focus 99% of their time on sensationalism, conspiracies and the horserace.
      Last edited by phillipj; 06-30-2019, 11:38 AM.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

I know I always link to /push The Intercept, but really thought this was a nice, succinct recap on the debates:

The Intercept: Who Won the First Two Debates

Comment

To naples and sleeve, your kinda illustrating my point. I wasn't commenting on the merit or substance of the policy ideas. I was commenting on your lack of even being willing to discuss the ideas.

Not to mention it was a totally disingenuous summation. It's the equivalent of summarizing republican policy as "we need more endless war, brown people are scary and bad, it's all the minorities and the poor's fault america isn't great, get rid of them and we'll be the greatest".

Ultimately tho, why even bother joining this thread? Your never gonna vote Democrat, so what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post
            To naples and sleeve, your kinda illustrating my point. I wasn't commenting on the merit or substance of the policy ideas. I was commenting on your lack of even being willing to discuss the ideas.

Not to mention it was a totally disingenuous summation. It's the equivalent of summarizing republican policy as "we need more endless war, brown people are scary and bad, it's all the minorities and the poor's fault america isn't great, get rid of them and we'll be the greatest".

Ultimately tho, why even bother joining this thread? Your never gonna vote Democrat, so what's the point?
            Maybe an "identity" thing? repeating something reinforces beliefs. Politics sure seems to become more and more like football every year (which sucks) -- Fewer and fewer people seem to want to look at issues objectively and from a values perspective... it's just whether your side wins or loses.

I hate the hypocrisy most, both sides. Probably why I Like Bernie even though he is an old dude.

Comment

Dude that’s the current fields platforms, it needs no belittling, and those are the policies of the field. Free tutition, free healthcare, reperations, Castro literally said trans men should also have abortions(not even with my imagination could I make that up), immigration without any enforcement of borders, Biden actually said he promises to cure cancer at a stump speech, guaranteed income, make private health insurance illegal, and on and on. Those are the beliefs and platforms they are running on.

Anyway, I agree with Phillip that even trying to have a “debate” with ten different people is on the face absurd. The biased hosts only feed the fire of the dumpster that is burning by trying to have a debate with that big of a field. I think some of the best run, and insightful debates in the past few years have been the Bernie/Ted Cruz debates CNN held over the past few years. They were well run, respectfull between the two, and got into deep policy details and differences. They were actual debates. These are just Jerry Springer episodes with people in suits.

Comment

Naples, dude, all your doing is proving my point. You are unwilling to have a actual discussion about the policies. Your mind is made up due to bias. You wrote the ideas off without even thinking about them.

The clearest indication of your bias is using "free" everything. That's a favorite drum beat of the right. You know damn well it isn't free, and their not claiming that. Your ignoring the entire concept and discussion out of bias.

Here's a reality check, the usa doesn't even rank in the top ten for education, or healthcare. Your being beaten by every other 1st world nation, and even Cuba. And all of them have some form of "free" healthcare and education. Think about that, your systems are so shitty, Cuba beats you.

That's cause all these countries realize it's a benefit to invest in their populations health and education. They understand they'll need more engineers, scientists, doctors, ect.. educated high skill workers. Not ducking coal miners and factory workers.

Mean while your country is making education so unaffordable that soon only a small sliver of your population will be educated well enough. That's why your already outsourcing or bringing top level people from other countries here. You don't have smart enough people to do the jobs.

You also having people dying because your all too fat and lazy. Heart disease and diabetes get like 3 out of 4 of you. People in your country die every day cause they cant afford insulin. A medicine that's given away in third world countries. Republicans don't even have a plan, they've been promising something for almost a decade now. And yet still nothing. Yet somehow you wanna argue that their the better policy choice? They don't even have a policy! Abstruction and doing nothing is not leading, it sure as shit isn't helping americans either.

You are supposed to be the greatest, smartest, bestest country ever. But you can't figure out how to do something every other first world country has?

It's about choices, you choose to spend the money on bombs, and guns, and jets, and never ending war. Things that do absolutely nothing to help actual americans. And realistically have a negative impact. Choices Naples, it's all about choices. You wanna help make america better? Make choices that actually help americans.

Comment

Whose alt account is this?

Mean while your country is making education so unaffordable that soon only a small sliver of your population will be educated well enough. That's why your already outsourcing or bringing top level people from other countries here. You don't have smart enough people to do the jobs.
                  This is patently false. Jobs are outsourced to other countries BECAUSE IT COSTS LESS, not because there aren't enough educated people here. China is now getting expensive enough, that we outsource jobs to China, who then outsource to Vietnam and other low income SE Asian countries.

Remember the next time you fly on a Boeing that many parts are built by completely uneducated 15-year olds in Thailand.

I agree that our health and education systems are not what they should be, but making up "facts" that are easily disprovable destroys your credibility.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

You've stated multiple times that you are not even American, therefore cannot vote in a US election, so why are you in this thread?

The above is not to discourage anyone from outside the US from commenting, I always enjoy hearing other nations perspectives, just stating a counter-point to the quoted text.

Also, trollololol.

I think the democratic candidates statements on free healthcare for illegal aliens, etc, is just basic primary pandering that will go away in the general election.

Their inability however to understand the value of middle class suburban and rural voters in winning a US election unfortunately seems to have progressed since 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                      Their inability however to understand the value of middle class suburban and rural voters in winning a US election unfortunately seems to have progressed since 2016.
                      Ding motherfucking ding. The Dems are going to drop the football on the 5 yard line. Party has too many far left candidates. The few centered ones with realistic policy aren't front runners and will get weeded out. Thus handing the election to Trump. We're living Idiocracy.
                      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                      -----------------------------------------
                      91 318is Turbo Sold
                      87 325 Daily driver Sold
                      06 4.8is X5
                      06 Mtec X3
                      05 4.4i X5 Sold
                      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                      90 325i Sold
                      97 328is Sold
                      01 323ci Sold
                      92 325i Sold
                      83 528e Totaled
                      98 328i Sold
                      93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                        Ding motherfucking ding. The Dems are going to drop the football on the 5 yard line. Party has too many far left candidates. The few centered ones with realistic policy aren't front runners and will get weeded out. Thus handing the election to Trump. We're living Idiocracy.
                        Yup they are going to be destroyed this cycle by all indications from their platforms. I know a bunch of people like me who swore to never vote Trump who will gladly pull the lever for him this go around, if a candidate like Bernie, Harris, or Warren is the nominee. It may make the Democratic left feel good to have a ultra leftist as the nominee, but it won’t end well.

I still am wishing for a decent candidate from the libertarian party, but I’m sure they will blow the opportunity as always.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                          I still am wishing for a decent candidate from the libertarian party, but I’m sure they will blow the opportunity as always.
                          Yep. Unfortunately that's a "throw away" vote. Or more accurately a protest vote. No matter who the candidate is they'll get less than 2%. I voted third party last time.

I could never vote for Trump. But I couldn't vote for Warren either. Biden is a more "realistic" candidate but I don't think he has what I'm looking for. Mayor Pete and Beto are more moderate but will be weeded out. Even Tulsi would make a better nominee, and I have come around to wanting to hear more from her. But she'll be gone as well. As I said, this is all pre-season football and it's results, while sometimes entertaining, are far from pertinent to who wins the Superbowl.
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                            You've stated multiple times that you are not even American, therefore cannot vote in a US election, so why are you in this thread?
                            i'm going to ignore the rest of your post and disagree with the premise that anyone who's not american isn't allowed to comment on american politics right up front

we are a superpower, and our policies affect the rest of the world as you'd expect, given that

they're allowed to participate in this discussion as much as we are
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                              i'm going to ignore the rest of your post and disagree with the premise that anyone who's not american isn't allowed to comment on american politics right up front
                              Hi, I'm not sure why you would reply to a post you admittedly didn't read, but if you would've read literally the next sentence of my post you'd see that we are actually in agreement.

Carphunter asked why someone with conservative views would post in this thread since they wouldn't be voting in the democratic primary. I rhetorically responded by asking him why he was in this thread since he would not be voting in any primary/election, then responded with a statement supporting the involvement of people outside the US and the value of their perspectives.

This is the next sentence of the post you ignored:

Originally posted by coldweatherblue
                              The above is not to discourage anyone from outside the US from commenting, I always enjoy hearing other nations perspectives, just stating a counter-point to the quoted text.
                              Please actually read posts prior to responding in the future to avoid these errors.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                                Yup they are going to be destroyed this cycle by all indications from their platforms. I know a bunch of people like me who swore to never vote Trump who will gladly pull the lever for him this go around, if a candidate like Bernie, Harris, or Warren is the nominee. It may make the Democratic left feel good to have a ultra leftist as the nominee, but it won’t end well.

I think that whoever gets the nomination will back off many of the far left things that are being said (Illegal immigrants will have the same healthcare as everyone else, for instance) as they will have to attract moderates and independents if they wish to win.

If this doesn't happen, then it's definitely going to be another four years of Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X