Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Primary Season 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Really you think a 28 year barista that has issues with simple math, basic economics, and very poor etiquette especially when things should not go her way, should be running for the white house???

    RUN HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a landslide Trump for 4 more years, as most D's wont show up to vote and the Rs will straight ticket him in again
    I do not believe that BMWman was saying AOC would run for President in 2020! -- he was just addressing popular names on the Democratic side for the sake of this thread.

    But I do think a lot of us, no matter what your political stripes might be, would like to see younger, energetic new faces instead of the same old people.
    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

    Comment


      #77
      I'm voting for Kamala Harris.

      She had Tupac and Snoop albums years before they were released.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

      www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        I'm voting for Kamala Harris.

        She had Tupac and Snoop albums years before they were released.
        With that kind of amazing foresight I'll vote for her too.

        almost spit out my coffee, thanks!
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by phillipj View Post
          I do not believe that BMWman was saying AOC would run for President in 2020! -- he was just addressing popular names on the Democratic side for the sake of this thread.

          But I do think a lot of us, no matter what your political stripes might be, would like to see younger, energetic new faces instead of the same old people.
          On the one hand, I agree that I would like to see some younger blood in DC.

          On the other hand, I remember being 28, and there is no way that someone that age has enough perspective to be able to be president. The 35 year age requirement seems like a reasonable minimum, and even then it might err a little on the young side for that job in modern times. I'd guess that a 22 year old in 1776 was probably about the equivalent of a 35 year old today in terms of maturity and function, at least for people in the kinds of circles with serious political aspirations.

          Comment


            #80
            I doubt we'll see anyone younger than 40 elected president. There's just a maturity level that comes with having a family and working in government for some time that is a near requirement for a president.

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by mbonder View Post
              I doubt we'll see anyone younger than 40 elected president. There's just a maturity level that comes with having a family and working in government for some time that is a near requirement for a president.
              Ahh, so if you don't have children, you aren't suitable for public office.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

              www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

              Comment


                #82
                Public office, never said that. I said President. Totally different things.

                I never said I agreed with it, but with the exception of James Polk, every other president has had children, so I think that's a fair assessment, the public expects the president to have a family.

                There is definitely a perception that having children changes the way you view the world. I don't have children so I couldn't tell you, but when I do have them, I'll be sure to edit this. The time is not that far off.

                Comment


                  #83
                  i don't see why that's relevant to someone's political stance, at all.

                  having a family happens at the personal/family-cell level.

                  how to run a government and organize a society is an entirely different question.

                  that shit doesn't scale.
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  current:
                  1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
                  2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

                  Comment


                    #84
                    I would have to agree that having a family and a few more winters under your belt, does completely change your outlook on life and your place within it.

                    At least it did for me and the friends I asked this question to, but obviously not everyone.

                    Once you hit a certain age and even more once you have children, and it’s a different age for everybody, you become less self focused and more understanding and compassionate.

                    I think that should be a trait of a good leader, let alone the leader of the free world.

                    But...what do I know, I am Canadian.
                    Originally posted by codyep3
                    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                    2010 F650gs twin
                    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by decay View Post
                      i don't see why that's relevant to someone's political stance, at all.

                      having a family happens at the personal/family-cell level.

                      how to run a government and organize a society is an entirely different question.

                      that shit doesn't scale.
                      Why not?

                      A family is a microcosm in a sense of a greater community. A parent is the leader of the family, a president is the leader of the community.

                      I'm in agreement with Todd, although I won't move to Canada.


                      In other news: Bernie Sanders officially in the race as of this morning.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        So what is this, like half of the Democrats in the country have announced they are running?
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

                        www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                          Why not?

                          A family is a microcosm in a sense of a greater community. A parent is the leader of the family, a president is the leader of the community.
                          would you like to take a guess as to why there are university-level courses called "microeconomics" and "macroeconomics" and they don't teach the same material?
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          current:
                          1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
                          2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                            ... In other news: Bernie Sanders officially in the race as of this morning
                            Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            So what is this, like half of the Democrats in the country have announced they are running?
                            The thing is Bernie isn't technically a Democrat -- and the party and their Corporate/Media money connections will sandbag the crap out of him just like they did last time.

                            Kudos to Bernie though. Most trustworthy politician we have in our crappy system.
                            1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by decay View Post
                              would you like to take a guess as to why there are university-level courses called "microeconomics" and "macroeconomics" and they don't teach the same material?
                              There's a reason why you need to take both in order to get your degree...

                              I mean if we are going to make vague condescending references, there's my charge.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                                There's a reason why you need to take both in order to get your degree...

                                I mean if we are going to make vague condescending references, there's my charge.
                                i'm not sure where you're going by agreeing with me while still trying to argue, so let's drop it
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                current:
                                1985 323i baur (project to resume soon...)
                                2013 ninja 300 (way more fun than a car)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X