Democratic Primary Season 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    ... If age is brought up, won't it be just as much of an issue for Trump? The argument certainly can be made that they're all within a few years of each other and therefore age is irrelevant.
    I agree, I think so as well. If the two nominees are close in age, perhaps the number goes out the window, but what I really wish would happen is not a discussion about age but a proper discussion about mental fitness. What is ludicrous to me is how can you miss what is staring you in the face -- that so many choose to just play along & ignore that Trump does not have the depth for the job. ...There's an old saying: "we call poor people crazy, but rich people eccentric."

... (Sorry philipj, can't they change their mind and evolve?). I'd rather that than for them to stick to a flawed position long after it's been deemed flawed (Think segregationists in the 1970s).
    I think we get bugged when we hear 'I evolved' as a stand in for 'I didn't take the right stand in the first place because that was too tough politically.' You saw that so much with Hillary Clinton and it constantly read as (rightfully) phony.

As for Obama ...
    To do that proper justice would be a long discussion over many beers! ... we really digressed!

... However, you sort of know what you are getting with Biden and in my eyes, it's better to have a known quantity than an unknown one. Trump was an unknown quantity which we are learning new things about every day, he'll clearly always have his devoted supporters...
    I agree that Biden is at least a known commodity. And, at least he'd bring a real fight to Trump. Bernie even moreso...

I do think Donald Trump was a known quantity, it's just that everybody is so desperate; he's bankrupting the country just like his businesses; the swamp is swampier; Mexico paying for a wall was a sham; the wall was a sham; becoming less interventionist was a sham. The supporters will fall away as it becomes more and more obvious they were taken for a ride yet again. Poor us. Fucked again. That's when we should be especially worried, because when Trump loses more of his base he will start acting even more erratic.

Let the fun continue!
    Indeed! :cheers:
    Last edited by phillipj; 02-26-2019, 04:50 PM.
    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
      God, it sure sucks to be so realistic.
      FTFY.

BTW, I agree with you and Z31. Money on the corporate and private side run this gov't. I have no delusions about that. Have espoused that myself on here many a time, including a few posts or so ago.
      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
      -----------------------------------------
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled
      98 328i Sold
      93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        LGBT's "rights"
        i would expect air-quotes like that from someone in a state where a citizen was just detained by border patrol for speaking spanish because that's "unheard of" in your parts

past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

or that an individual with a cock can use what ever bathroom "he identifies with".
          I think I've said this elsewhere before, but I'll say it again:

1. If you have a penis, and use the women's restroom, there are only stalls. No big deal.

2. If you have a vagina, and go into a men's restroom, you'll have to use a stall since you aren't going to be hiking a leg into a urinal or a trough. No big deal.

Why is this even a concern?

"That freak is going to molest my children."

No, the numbers show it will the be the parents, extended family, close friend of the family, or someone from the clergy.

IE someone the child knows.
          Last edited by z31maniac; 02-27-2019, 07:55 AM.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I agree, the bathroom thing is political theatre at its finest, no real concern. I've been in plenty of restrooms, never seen this issue even occur and I live in a fairly densely populated area where you'd think just based on probability it would happen.

Additionally, does anyone really care outside of a very small minority of the US population?

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
              i would expect air-quotes like that from someone in a state where a citizen was just detained by border patrol for speaking spanish because that's "unheard of" in your parts

https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants...eaking-spanish
              LGBTs have the same rights as anyone else, from the 1st to the 23rd, the same state and local protections, and have greater protections under the law than "normal people" thanks to hate crime laws. The air quotes were there to put emphasis on the SINGLE perceived issues some vote base upon, mayhaps "LGBT issues" may have been a better choice of words, and might not have triggered you so much and caused you so much dismay.

Aww CBP fucks up again this kinda shit happens every day from all manner of LE agencies all over the country, just because it occurred in a rail way stop in nowheresville MT its now news worthy??? They were detained long enough to verify their identity and their story and released..... They were not arrested or jailed.

Not saying its right, but given their location, ( have you ever been to a very small town in the middle of the high plains that was not a protest camp) could the 2 girls have exercised better judgment to not attract unwanted attention? You know personal responsibility for ones own actions, and just because you can (legally) does not always mean its a good idea to do something and there wont be issues that stem from it right or wrong. Like where I live, I dont mow my lawn, plow snow, have loud parties, leave my bright outdoor lights on etc.... at 1am, even though I can I dont, because that will piss off my neighbors and they might start doing things to retaliate and I like to get along with my community. Or I can carry a loaded pistol openly on each hip with a loaded AR15 in a chest rig in full tac gear with plates and 800 rounds to Safeway to get my groceries, but I dont as the cops would be called (likely be shot at anymore) and I would be asked for my ID and detained while my background was checked and story verified. Again just because you can does not mean you should, this lack of common sense and good judgement seems to be a recurring theme anymore unless of course all thats wanted is the publicity and internet fame and attention that comes with it all.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              I think I've said this elsewhere before, but I'll say it again:

1. If you have a penis, and use the women's restroom, there are only stalls. No big deal.

2. If you have a vagina, and go into a men's restroom, you'll have to use a stall since you aren't going to be hiking a leg into a urinal or a trough. No big deal.
              Not really sure about this, but I suspect many many woman would feel very threatened by dudes walking to the bathroom on the regular.

1: If you have a dick and feel like a woman, you should be using a stall to sit when you pee, no big deal to use the door corresponding to your factory installed OEM plumbing

2: If you have a vajay jay, and you feel like a dude, you still have to sit when you pee, so your going to be using a stall anyway, so no big deal to use the door corresponding to your factory installed OEM plumbing.

3: Once you go non OEM and swap the parts out so your configuration matches the picture on the door you wish to use, then by all means use that door.

While your points are valid form a "exposure" standpoint, this does not eliminate the pervy issues of this. When the bulk of society becomes accustom to something like dudes in the woman's shit house at target, or home depot, your local watering hole or the DMV, it makes it much easier for perverts to exploit the situation. Of which there are significant numbers of, that I would suspect outnumber those that want to use the other door due to their "feelers" though I dont have any data to back that up, but when every few years we have a couple of dudes willing to crawl in vault outhouses or now place go-pros in them makes me wonder.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              Why is this even a concern?

"That freak is going to molest my children."

No, the numbers show it will the be the parents, extended family, close friend of the family, or someone from the clergy.

IE someone the child knows.
              Its not so much a touchy thing (though many people feel that way) to me, as it is from a violation of privacy, perceived safety from the REST of of the people in the shit house by allowing people access to places they have no business being. Its a Pandora's box so to speak.

While I tend to side with the point that this topic is political BS for the most part rooted in the Bible thumping areas, (hence why I used it as a hot button example of single issue voters). Its more so on the part of the very very minuscule percentage yelling the loudest stirring up as much shit a possible, we have far far greater issues to deal with than shit like this.

Like quashing this stupid "New New deal" thing form whats her face from NY that all the D 2020 hopefuls are jumping behind, that is projected to cost the ENTIRE USA GDP for 45% of the 1st decade that its in place ( based on 2018 GDP numbers)
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

LGBTs have the same rights as anyone else, from the 1st to the 23rd, the same state and local protections, and have greater protections under the law than "normal people" thanks to hate crime laws.
                in theory. not in practice.
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Washington Governor, Jay Inslee into the race

Comment

John Hickenlooper -- could be a Dark Horse, decent intro here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/john-hickenlooper-brewery-owner-governor-possible-2020-democratic-contender-2019-2

Hickenlooper would be Trump's worst nightmare in a debate... He's self-deprecating, has a wicked sense of humor, and is actually a successful self-made businessman, unlike Trump who inherited all his wealth.
                    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Owns a brewery, the millennials will love him!

Sounds like a true self-made man, curious to know where he stands on some of the major issues.

Comment

You know personal responsibility for ones own actions, and just because you can (legally) does not always mean its a good idea to do something and there wont be issues that stem from it right or wrong.
                        Speaking a language other than English while trying to buy eggs is anything but suspicious behavior. I pity anyone who is set off by this, and any law enforcement officer who responds this way, shouldn't be one.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                          Speaking a language other than English while trying to buy eggs is anything but suspicious behavior. I pity anyone who is set off by this, and any law enforcement officer who responds this way, shouldn't be one.
                          I dont disagree with you, in fact I think it was a bullshit stop on the part of the CBP as well, I am not arguing that. I am saying sometimes some common sense is needed on the part of people in general, including the idiot with a badge in this case as well.
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

I dont disagree with you, in fact I think it was a bullshit stop on the part of the CBP as well, I am not arguing that. I am saying sometimes some common sense is needed on the part of people in general, including the idiot with a badge in this case as well.
                            What are you suggesting would have been the common sense approach the women in this situation should have used to avoid the result they experienced? Granted we're assuming what the women have said is true, and if it actually is, they did absolutely nothing wrong including filming the officer.

Comment

1 they were detained, identity and story verified and released, I see mountain out of mole hill here. I have had the same thing happen to me, while traveling a time or 2 as well.

1A No differnt than when anyone of us has been pulled over for a questionable driving infraction, a yellow light, a slight stop sign roll at 1am, or the always popular "I didn't see you wearing your seat belt", or like where I live a green/yellow/red light so short you cant make the 4 lane intersection with out being red after 10pm during tourist season, so the officer can go on a fishing expedition in an attempt to find something else. Yes I know speaking in public is a right, and driving is a privilege subject to other things no need to lecture me on this, I am just drawing a parallel that occurs every min of every day no more no less.

Common sense would dictate not to be drawing undue attention to ones self while out and about in a "hick town" by blathering about in foreign dialect that has particular stigma attached to it. Especially when this "hick town" is station post for the CBP that has suspicion of this type of activity 2000 miles from the boarder in which its the norm and figure it might end causing you issues at some point from idiots.

Like I said its not their fault for this CBP officer being an idiot and overstepping his authority, nor were they doing anything wrong, but sometimes you have to be a step or 2 ahead of the stupidity of others to avoid some headaches of your own, thats all, not like they were new to the area and could claim they had no idea this was out of the norm for the area.

William Pitt-

Comment

I just wanted to draw out whether or not you thought their speaking Spanish was the supposed lapse in judgement on their part, turns out I was correct. 16% of the US speaks Spanish, trying to equate their use of a very common language to committing blatant traffic offences is fucking absurd. They did nothing wrong, and you're trying to correlate it to doing something marginally wrong depending on the situation. No, full stop, that is a ridiculous position to take and attempt to justify.
                                Last edited by cale; 03-02-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X