Death of the Democratic party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    Honestly, is anyone at this point talking real policy? I threw that out there because I feel as though many politicians are more interested in getting their random sound bite out there rather than presenting something of substance.

Look at Trump, it's all he does. Now he's completely consumed with running a victory lap after the report and shooting down anyone that spoke out about him while the investigation was going on. No policy at all.

Repeal and Replace Obamacare! I have no actual policy to replace it, but this bitch has to go!!
    so lets see

Trump nevers speaks to policy issues

how about illegal immigration for starters
    how about judges that operate on the constitution as written
    how about lowering drug pricing
    how about drilling for oil
    how about calling out China for trade issues
    how about trying to get N Korea to disarm
    on and on

Obama care has been a disaster cost wise after the messiah Obama looked at you in the eyes and lied about it and what it would do to healthcare.

Frankly Trump deserves a HUGE victory lap for having the fucking deranged democrats and their media enablers lie about him, his presidency, and threatening to impeach him, only to be proven right.

All started under the Obama administration as a Russian based dossier of lies.

Can you actually name policy issues the democrats have presented for the last 2 years other than Trump colluded?
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      so lets see

Trump nevers speaks to policy issues

how about illegal immigration for starters
      how about judges that operate on the constitution as written
      how about lowering drug pricing
      how about drilling for oil
      how about calling out China for trade issues
      how about trying to get N Korea to disarm
      on and on

Obama care has been a disaster cost wise after the messiah Obama looked at you in the eyes and lied about it and what it would do to healthcare.

Frankly Trump deserves a HUGE victory lap for having the fucking deranged democrats and their media enablers lie about him, his presidency, and threatening to impeach him, only to be proven right.

All started under the Obama administration as a Russian based dossier of lies.

Can you actually name policy issues the democrats have presented for the last 2 years other than Trump colluded?
      All that you listed are talking points, Trump hasn't actually present REAL POLICY to solve any of them. His only accomplishment was shutting the government down so that he could in effect receive less funding for his border wall campaign.

-Nominating Judges for various courts is not a policy, it's prerogative and a job he has to do
      -He hasn't actually spoken about what will be done SPECIFICALLY to lower prescription drug costs
      -What about drilling for oil? We already do that and have done so for a long time. The only thing that is happening is that he can claim to reduce dependence on foreign fuel sources by tapping more US reserves. In the long run I'm not sure that's an intelligent solution as it is a limited resource, but there's a long game here that no one can effectively draw a conclusion on until years in the future
      -Chinese trade talks are on-going, Trump hasn't actually put any policy out there for that negotiation either, no wonder why it hasn't gone anywhere.
      -Every president since the Kim regime came to power has had talks with N Korea, once again, no actual policy presented, just that they should disarm their nuclear arsenal, which everyone knows won't happen.

People can deride the Green New Deal as much as they want, but at least it was a policy statement about efforts to effect real change. I'm not particularly a supporter of it because I believe the costs to be too high, but it gave people something real to talk about, you could actually crunch the numbers and debate the different pieces of it to see whether it would be an effective tool for change.

Much of what Trump does is just say "this bad" or "that good", it's not policy, it's a talking point. What I'm getting at here is that talking points are the beginnings of the conversation, but Trump doesn't actually have what it takes to come up with the policy that could eventually become law, at least not that I've seen.

Comment

Working...
      X