X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phillipj
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Omar has said some pretty ridiculous stuff, but the biggest reason MAGA folks don't like her is that she prays to a different god.
    I'd mostly agree; mainly, she's a dark-skinned woman wearing a Hijab.

I very much appreciate Omar's viewpoints; I see her as very patriotic, a strong minority voice in our very diverse nation. For some of these rightwing politicians to recoil in faux-horror over some of the undeniable truths she is so criticized for saying, I see it as total hypocrisy given their own history of words and actions. And the kind of hateful personal attacks against her by the President and some of these other hypocrite politicians are just plain dangerous. Their words empower closet skinheads and white nationalist xenophobes to blurt out things just like the R3Z3N above, ie. "We Should Hang her from a Tree", and think it's totally ok. Some of these people even move to act on them. It is definitely not ok.

Leave a comment:

• phillipj
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

I can give you one reason that most Americans would never vote for Bernie:

He publicly stated he believes convicted terrorists should keep their right to vote WHILE IN PRISON. What kind of dumbass, faux-progressive shit is that? This old guy thinks the Boston Bombers should be allowed to vote? Of that McVeigh should have when he was alive?

Yes, Bernie has stuck to his guns saying "The right to vote is an inalienable and universal principle that applies to all American citizens 18 years and older. Period." He actually wrote a pretty good op-ed in the USA Today here defending his stance in his own words. In his home state of Vermont, and in Maine too, that's actually the law -- as it is in Canada. I personally don't think it is very controversial, but to a lot of people, I imagine allowing prisoners (or even ex-prisoners or parolees or probationers) to keep their right to vote is controversial. It's a very good debatable topic!

I appreciate that he'll take a stand and give a real answer, even for things like this, unlike pretty much any other politician that punts on it, evades the question completely, or puts their finger to the wind first and maybe "evolves" on it way later.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    MAGA ≠ Belief in God/god

But your close!
    Well then answer for yourself, sweetheart? Or is being asked a simple, direct question that hard for you?

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    MAGA ≠ Belief in God/god

But your close!

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by phillipj View Post

So, exactly, what problem do you have with Ilan Omar? or Bernie? Please clearly state it.

I am so sick and tired of your kind of viewpoints.
    I can give you one reason that most Americans would never vote for Bernie:

He publicly stated he believes convicted terrorists should keep their right to vote WHILE IN PRISON. What kind of dumbass, faux-progressive shit is that? This old guy thinks the Boston Bombers should be allowed to vote? Of that McVeigh should have when he was alive?

Omar has said some pretty ridiculous stuff, but the biggest reason MAGA folks don't like her is that she prays to a different god.

Leave a comment:

• phillipj
    replied
    IMO the majority should be much more offended by Bernie and Illan Omar. When ideas run completely contrary to the foundation of America and the freedom it provides, are those involved not dangerous enough to take offense and remove at all costs when those ideas work to remove your freedoms? This is what America was built upon, the blood of those that believed in such freedoms. To be luke warm is to be part of the problem.
    So, exactly, what problem do you have with Ilan Omar? or Bernie? Please clearly state it.

I am so sick and tired of your kind of viewpoints.

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    IMO the majority should be much more offended by Bernie and Illan Omar. When ideas run completely contrary to the foundation of America and the freedom it provides, are those involved not dangerous enough to take offense and remove at all costs when those ideas work to remove your freedoms? This is what America was built upon, the blood of those that believed in such freedoms. To be luke warm is to be part of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Someone reported a post in the this thread calling someone a racist and demanding a ban... clearly they didnt realize they were in the P&R
    Maybe, but I suspect we get more long term members banned from P&R posts than any other section,

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Reported this post for being reasonable in P&R...
    Someone reported a post in the this thread calling someone a racist and demanding a ban... clearly they didnt realize they were in the P&R

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Lets leave the lynching talk alone and try to keep this as civilized as possible in a Political Off-Topic Subforum as possible...
    Reported this post for being reasonable in P&R...

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    ^Maybe they are old and stale, but unfortunately they are all together too true, and his ideas much too dangerous. Illan Omar needs to be considered a treasoner and hung as well.

^Donald trump is barely running the government, he has been fought tooth and nail for the 4 years in office.

Still for a vote, I think Trump is the better bet because you will get to retain your opinion and voice. Sanders will try to remove that further, and Biden...well, he has no opinion or voice, he's just a puppet, he can't even remember who was responsible for his wifes death.
    Lets leave the lynching talk alone and try to keep this as civilized as possible in a Political Off-Topic Subforum as possible...

Leave a comment:

• Poorhouse
    replied
    ^

^Donald trump is barely running the government, he has been fought tooth and nail for the 4 years in office.

What? He had a Senate majority for his presidency and a House majority for half.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Uuuuuuugh

Siiiiigh

Biden, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• phillipj
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    So the choice is between an old avowed "millionaire" communist whos never held a job outside of govt. Or a dementia riddled globalist whom has most of his immediate family embroiled in scandal and legal issues????

I think even for you all you more "liberal types" the choice is clear. 4 more of the Trumpster
    Sounds like you know zero about Bernie Sanders beside the absolute BS you read in right wing media. It's also not hard to have a net worth barely over $1 million dollars if you are in your 70's, a US Senator and wrote a book, I'd expect him to be worth a ton more honestly. I, like you, am also worried that Biden is slipping and is also a politician just like everyone else who will say certain things that sound good in public but do and say another behind closed doors. We are all tired of that.

Leave a comment:

• phillipj
    replied
    ^Maybe they are old and stale, but unfortunately they are all together too true, and his ideas much too dangerous. Illan Omar needs to be considered a treasoner and hung as well.

Still for a vote, I think Trump is the better bet because you will get to retain your opinion and voice. Sanders will try to remove that further, and Biden...well, he has no opinion or voice, he's just a puppet, he can't even remember who was responsible for his wifes death.
    I don't know what kind of bubble / fantasy land you live in, but Trump is definitely running the government, most often by executive order and with cronies and lobbyists with vested interests he's elevated to extreme positions of power on critical issues that effect our lives. Like no one else before. Trump is a symptom of a corrupt system that needs to be changed. Immediately. The sooner the better and not incrementally.

What you are saying about certain people being hung has no place here or anywhere. You are dangerous.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X