pics of space needle (non e30)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30:)
    replied
    thanks for the tips! i am slowly learning to take better pics and just starting to figure out all the manuel settings and stuff... i still dont have a tripod but i will be getting one soon

    Leave a comment:


  • lylefk
    replied
    I do the same workflow with all my photos, but I obviously did something different there...I'll re-do it at some point. I've printed that shot up to 20" high...lol

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    I assumed that it was just poor resizing that hurt the quality.

    I liked your first shot though!



    Tripod tripod tripod. Great pictures can't be taken at night with out one.

    Leave a comment:


  • lylefk
    replied
    That shot is TACK sharp...see how much of a difference sharpness makes? I think I fooked up somehow when I matted that blue pano, it's also that sharp but looks like shit for some reason.

    Leave a comment:


  • RicerX
    replied
    ^nice I really like the bottom one there

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    What was said above.

    I usually put the camera on P for night shots and test one out then adjust settings from there.

    I have several needle shots as well all taken with a tripod and long exposure.



    Leave a comment:


  • lylefk
    replied
    I do have some input...on night shots. ALWAYS use a solid tripod. Shoot at ISO 100 instead of 800 (less noise), and stop down to f/11 or f/13, somewhere in there (better depth of field and you'll get cool stars on street lights and such). It will require longer exposures, so that tripod is important. If you can, pick up a wireless remote to trigger your Rebel so you don't cause any vibration, otherwise use the timer. I also lock the mirror for night shots, but that is possibly over your head at this point.

    With night shots, focus on sharpness. NO vibration of that camera. Sharpness is KING.

    Also, don't trust the camera to choose your settings. Shoot on full manual and try a few different exposure times. Always ISO 100. When it's that dark, expect exposure times between 10-30 seconds.

    Here's a couple needle shots for inspiration or as examples, whichever you'd prefer:





    Hope that helps!

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Originally posted by slow e30
    if you dont mind me asking, what is the significance of the structure?

    like the ST.L arch is the gateway to the west....

    i just always wondered.
    It was built for the 62 worlds fair. It was originally gold and was supposed to represent the future way for buildings to be built. It was supposed to be taken down after the fair but seattle loved it so much that a wealthy family purchased the building, repainted it white, and lived upstairs. (not sure on that last part, but they did have a room up there)

    There is a revolving restaurant up top currently.

    Leave a comment:


  • Inline Sex
    replied
    OMFG they hit the Space Needle? When did this happen? Was it Al Qaeda??
    Last edited by Inline Sex; 07-19-2009, 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling fail/beer

    Leave a comment:


  • e30:)
    replied
    it was built for the world fair i dont know what year though.

    Leave a comment:


  • slow e30
    replied
    if you dont mind me asking, what is the significance of the structure?

    like the ST.L arch is the gateway to the west....

    i just always wondered.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30:)
    replied
    i learned to make things blow up just by looking at them

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    I just wanna know how you blew up the space needle!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30:)
    replied
    but im am deffinitly open to comments /critisism and tips... just be easy on me haha i had only had the camera for a few days.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30:)
    replied
    idk i just thought they were cool

    Leave a comment:

Working...