Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Looks great!

I just had him do a set of e38 style 5s with cap conversion.

Used black chrome, which is nothing you thought it would be and I guess is one of the closest powders to nogaro.

Ill get around to photos later.
    Looking forward to seeing it. I had E38 style 5s before, I loved them but just wanted 17's.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

A few shots mounted.

Comment

Yup, we're going to need more photos...

Comment

Took a quick ride on the highway with the new wheels, 100mph no problems no shimmies, super smooth.
          Last edited by Staszek; 05-28-2020, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtrita
            Did you go for a Nogara?
            7x7,5 et30. Super RS converted caps. Centers are in Southern Silver which is slightly lighter than Nogaro.

Comment

Mind if I ask how much a build through them runs? Trying to find BBS RS's for my E30 has proved to be incredibly difficult and I just came across this company and has me interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtysix36 View Post
                Mind if I ask how much a build through them runs? Trying to find BBS RS's for my E30 has proved to be incredibly difficult and I just came across this company and has me interested.
                $2500-$4000, its hard to say, really depends on the size of the wheel, are you getting it redrilled, custom painted etc.

Comment

BMW Style 5 - E38
                  16X8 Et 23
                  Refinished by Ehrlich Wheel Works
                  With waffle cone center cap conversion, Slim center nut
                  Black Chrome centers, Porsche Silver lips

225/50R16 Dunlop Direzza Z3
                  5MM Front and Rear spacer to clear brake spring clip upfront
                  J Stock Springs and damper package

Id say a pretty close match to Nogaro with BMW factory silver wheel color. I can't complain about the color match, and I'm picky. Center cap conversion is OK with the waffle a little small, but you don't notice it one you get going. Paul at Ehrlich was pretty strait forward and went above making sure the colors were correct for the application.
                  Last edited by moatilliatta; 10-07-2020, 06:31 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

BBS Style 5 - E38
                    16X8 Et 23
                    Refinished by Ehrlich Wheel Works
                    With waffle cone center cap conversion, Slim center nut
                    Black Chrome centers, Porsche Silver lips

225/50R16 Dunlop Direzza Z3
                    5MM Front and Rear spacer to clear brake spring clip upfront
                    J Stock Springs and damper package

Id say a pretty close match to Nogaro with BMW factory silver wheel color. I can't complain about the color match, and I'm picky. Center cap conversion is OK with the waffle a little small, but you don't notice it one you get going. Paul at Ehrlich was pretty strait forward and went above making sure the colors were correct for the application.
                    That looks great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

That looks great!!
                      Thanks! So does yours. Getting rid of the BMW center caps for BBS style is a game changer.

I tried the 3d printed ones and they we're not worth the effort I think long term. "For sale"

Things I learned, There are 2 or 3 company who made E38 Style 5s. Fundo, BBS, and I Think another. There are a lot of bent wheels out there considering E38's ride on balloons. Do not purchase refinish refinished wheels to be refinished, especially those face jobs with filler. They old wheels now, hard to get perfect.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Thanks! So does yours. Getting rid of the BMW center caps for BBS style is a game changer.

I tried the 3d printed ones and they we're not worth the effort I think long term. "For sale"

Things I learned, There are 2 or 3 company who made E38 Style 5s. Fundo, BBS, and I Think another. There are a lot of bent wheels out there considering E38's ride on balloons. Do not purchase refinish refinished wheels to be refinished, especially those face jobs with filler. They old wheels now, hard to get perfect.

Do you have pics of the backside of the center caps. I have similar centers already for e28 m5 wheels but have plastic hex nuts. Would love to get them to metal to make the powder coating more even.
                        Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                        BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post

Do you have pics of the backside of the center caps. I have similar centers already for e28 m5 wheels but have plastic hex nuts. Would love to get them to metal to make the powder coating more even.
                          On mine the ones Paul did, they are two pieces, that's how he converts them. (actually three). The waffle is separate from the BBS cap which is threaded. There is another threaded piece that goes inside the hub and the cap screws through the waffle into the hub and holds the waffle in place.

Here is a pic, this is not mine but I have the same setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Caps.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	9954720

Comment

thanks.When you say hub, you mean on the wheel? Is that the small silver ring next to BBS caps?

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                              thanks.When you say hub, you mean on the wheel? Is that the small silver ring next to BBS caps?
                              Yes, the small ring to the right goes inside the hub of the wheel, it locks in with 3 hex screws (locktite them in) and then the cap screws into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Yes, the small ring to the right goes inside the hub of the wheel, it locks in with 3 hex screws (locktite them in) and then the cap screws into that.
                                Thanks for this info and will look into it for my wheels, e28 m5 style 5s.

Comment

Working...
                                X