Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some footage from Shenandoah and LRP

Hey all,

A bit late to put these up here but figured some of you guys might enjoy.

Shenandoah:

I went to Shenandoah back in September with the NJ BMW CCA and had an absolute blast. The first run around the course had me completely shocked and overwhelmed... I thought I wouldn't be able to master the course. But I was patient enough to let everything just sort itself out.

I forgot my camera at the hotel on day one... so no footage of me being a newb lol.

Session 3 Day 2

It started to rain mid-session, this was the first time I was on the track in rain conditions so this was a crucial learning experience as well as batshit scary for me lol. Towards the end of the video I end up going sideways coming out of turn 20... caught it nicely and the skid pad training that took place during the day was invaluable here!!

Session 4 Day 2

Last session, I was totally comfortable with the road course by this time... coming through turn 12 I finally had the courage to go flat out over the crest, was definitely a sweet experience. Looking forward to going back next season.

Skid pad session

This was so friggin fun. First time I had ever really provoked the rear end to slip out in non-snowy conditions. Learned quite a bit here.

Lime Rock Park

I just came back from Lime Rock last week and boy that was fun. I felt I could be much faster through the course but my instructor held me back a bit keeping things safe. I would have liked to push the car a bit more but looking at my speeds I'd say I was doing quite well. Can't wait to go back, this was a wonderfully short, quick and fun road course.

Session 4 - experienced lots of fuel starvation here, pedaled the car through all of the corners especially since there's only ONE left turn, the left hander at LRP. I'm seriously considering a swap over to the older fuel tank design or perhaps setting up an accumulator inline with the system. We'll see...

IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

vids

..good stuff...

just curious..did he not want you to go thru Big Bend in 3 rd....I know you had enough torque to get thru in 4th...but 3 rd is where its at.....you were very smooth.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Nice driving Dennis. S52 sounds great. I also have had fuel starvation issues on Big Ben. A new in tank fuel pump could remedy it if it hasn't been changed. When the pumps are starting to go it isn't able to maintain pressure well when the tank is 1/4 to 1/2 full.

PS I thought this was crazy but found out that a new pump can remedy the problem. For E30 M3's that see track time it's one of the preventative maintenance items people change out to prevent lean/detonation conditions.

Might be worth considering before switching out the tanks.

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
      Lime Rock Park

I just came back from Lime Rock last week and boy that was fun. I felt I could be much faster through the course but my instructor held me back a bit keeping things safe. I would have liked to push the car a bit more but looking at my speeds I'd say I was doing quite well. Can't wait to go back, this was a wonderfully short, quick and fun road course.
      Also, I agree you could have been allot faster through the coarse, on the plus side you got to work on your line which looked spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by kevnj View Post
        Nice driving Dennis. S52 sounds great. I also have had fuel starvation issues on Big Ben. A new in tank fuel pump could remedy it if it hasn't been changed. When the pumps are starting to go it isn't able to maintain pressure well when the tank is 1/4 to 1/2 full.

PS I thought this was crazy but found out that a new pump can remedy the problem. For E30 M3's that see track time it's one of the preventative maintenance items people change out to prevent lean/detonation conditions.

Also, I agree you could have been allot faster through the coarse, on the plus side you got to work on your line which looked spot on.

course vs coarse.

lets run the course...........her vijajay seemed a bit coarse.
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
          course vs coarse.

lets run the course...........her vijajay seemed a bit coarse.
          Thanks for the grammar correction :hitler:

Comment

Totally missed you guys commenting on this...

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
            ..good stuff...

just curious..did he not want you to go thru Big Bend in 3 rd....I know you had enough torque to get thru in 4th...but 3 rd is where its at.....you were very smooth.
            To be honest, I think he just wanted me to be on the conservative side. I definitely could have gone into third gear there but he was preventing that from happening. Then again, looking at the video I think I wasn't decelerating nearly as hard to get down into 3rd and carrying more momentum through big bend... My instructor was telling me to brake early just before turn one, you can see by his hand motions to let off etc..

Thank you, I definitely want to be as smooth as I can be!

Originally posted by kevnj View Post

The pump that's in there currently isn't too old but I guess I can give this a shot. I'll definitely give this some thought over the winter. On one hand, I'd love the extra 2 gallons of capacity... I started a thread not long ago asking about the complexity of back dating to the original two pump setup and from what I had seen, it wasn't a terrible difficult process, just had to put in the time.

Yep, I'm not terribly upset by it... I'll be back when the season starts up again :D

Thanks guys!

Side note, check out this new addition my buddy got me:

IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
            X