X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anything going on with the CF?
    :borg:

Comment

Are you going to make it a flat bottom? Otherwise I would think the air to the diffuser would be too dirty.

Still, sooo awesome that you are doing this, and going the route of homegrown development! Shames most R3V #BecauseRaceCar statements ;-)

Comment

Incredible work, car, and racing. Congratulations

Comment

Few pics.

First off thanks to Ryan at Motorsport Hardware for these :)

90mm Bullet Nose stud kit

A few more higher quality photos of the engine bay/interior

Loving the compliments!

I will be starting to do some CF stuff after the new year.

Main elements I want to make in CF Is new a airfoil (and relocating it), side skirts, Under tray/diffuser, front bumper/air damn.
          Another hopeful would be to do the splitter out of possibly kevlar, or something lighter than the wood.

The other two things that are more on the dream list would be carbon dash and doors.
          Doors weigh 51lbs each and dash is around 15 lbs now. Ill see how confident I am after all the other stuff. If I can do the doors, my goal is to get it around 2300lbs.

Their are alot of other goals on the list so hopefully I can accomplish all the CF parts on that list.
          Last edited by Zodow; 05-23-2019, 09:59 AM.
          Instagram timhardyracing

Pikes Peak Hill Climb Build

Comment

You're hired.
            1989 US E30 Cammed S52
            Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

How are they about accepting applicants for the race?
              I've got 16yrs of car/kart racing experience but I'm thinking I'd like to run it on my motorcycle. I've never raced on 2wheels. haha I know the deadline is mid-Jan. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by j0oftheworld View Post
                How are they about accepting applicants for the race?
                I've got 16yrs of car/kart racing experience but I'm thinking I'd like to run it on my motorcycle. I've never raced on 2wheels. haha I know the deadline is mid-Jan. Thanks!
                It's kind of a mystery to me. I know they over accepted last year and are trying to avoid that this year, but also the motorcycle fee went way up on cost so the motorcycle entry number might not be as high. The target number for last year was 80 Cars and 100 motorcycles.

I'm sure they would like for you to have some experience racing on motorcycles specifically, though if you don't get accepted they will return your money. FWIW the race is more so treacherous to riders because of the guard rails, and trees on exits, and well drop off and other stuff. They put up hay bails on most spots where you can dump it, but its still it's a fine line between life and death.

Not trying to discourage you ,just make sure you are comfortable with your skills on two wheels and familiar with the mountain before you commit.

Another thing to consider is if you get accepted, get on a bike and ride up the peak on a day before the dropout date(mid feb I think), just incase u feel unsure about it( its way more daunting at slow speeds in real life)

And maybe if they don't like the bike idea maybe you can be the first to run a kart?? ;)

Good luck!
                Instagram timhardyracing

Comment

Thanks!
                  Yeah, would be a lot more comfortable in my E30.
                  It's basically your car minus the turbo. :)
                  I've read it's 115% of top time for quali, and being that I'd be w. the 1200 boys who were both under 10min on their Duc's I'd imagine I'd get cut if that's a strictly enforced rule.
                  Do they try to keep the road clear at all times? I might fly up the week of new years and spend some time up there w. my son and stay w. friends who live there.

Comment

Yea they try to have it clear year round, doesn't seem like there is much snow on it last time I looked at it. Here's some info and $2 COUPON lol! I could be wrong but I think the 115% rule is gear towards the cars rather than the bikes as they don't have as much of a problem passing.

Last year they were going to enforce that rule but "modified" it to 120% of the second fastest driver in each class. I barely sneaked in under the 115% of rhy's time in 7th or 8th and the rest of the ~20 cars in time attack would have not(same story on a few other classes) so they had to adjust it, then made some math errors in the new run order, and then decided to let all cars/bikes run because it was close enough to the 80cars 100bikes. From what I gather getting into the race will be more difficult next year so the race doesn't go from dark to dark.
                    Instagram timhardyracing

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                      Are you going to make it a flat bottom? Otherwise I would think the air to the diffuser would be too dirty.

Still, sooo awesome that you are doing this, and going the route of homegrown development! Shames most R3V #BecauseRaceCar statements ;-)
                      Common misconception. There's a lot more to underbody aero than just flat bottoms and a couple strakes at the back. The current design leaves a lot to be desired, but there's far more that needs done.

Tim, I'm drawing up your airfoil soon. Sorry for the delay

Comment

Originally posted by rfields View Post
                        Common misconception. There's a lot more to underbody aero than just flat bottoms and a couple strakes at the back. The current design leaves a lot to be desired, but there's far more that needs done.

Tim, I'm drawing up your airfoil soon. Sorry for the delay
                        No worries, its the holidays! Looking forward to building some new aero goodies :D
                        Instagram timhardyracing

Comment

think you might change your fuse box location? how close to your legs is it?
                          :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
                            think you might change your fuse box location? how close to your legs is it?
                            Yea, it could definitely be moved for a little more clearance. Its not too close to my legs while driving but im sure it could move with a bad crash. Its another one on the safety list :)
                            Instagram timhardyracing

Comment

Incredible work, man! This is the best thread I've seen on here in a while.
                              S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                              What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Awesome build man, great job!
                                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X