X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Tim, Any chance you would be down to road trip in that? lol
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Love the build man, very inspiring! I got to ask because I don't think it was covered, what kind of seat time do you have?? You handled that really well, I can't imagine that was your first stab at racing!
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

This guy stole your color combo!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Wow look at the defuser on that car! ^
          sigpic

Comment

Any updates? Awesome
            fabrication in this thread.

Comment

With kevlar, keep in mind that if the matrix gets damaged and exposes the aramid fibres, they will wick and retain water, eventually causing it to disbond.

So check your gas tank from time to time for nicks, dry them and touch them up with some form of adhesive. Instant epoxy works great for this.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Epic build man. Just about the best build I've read in ages.

She pulls really well from low RPM and makes that awesome boosted BMW 24V sound! :)
                -----------------
                89 M50B28 turbo
                LINKY
                -----------------

Comment

You sir are doing a wonderful job.. I miss the springs and the pikes peak hill climb.. Miss Colorado in general.. Good job :)

Comment

And the crash above you was that the Evo?

Comment

give updates!

7speedshop.com

Comment

Yesssss, come on Tim show us the carbon fiber goodness!!
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Did it get postponed? I checked the PP site and it says check back in on June 30th for live coverage.

I know they're having hella crazy fire there right now. I did see on one of the facebook pages I follow that someone totaled an NSX so maybe practice rounds are happening.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nevermind........I just found this.

2013 TENTATIVE SPECTATOR SCHEDULE

PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL HILL CLIMB

(subject to change)

Monday, June 24 (Technical Inspection)

8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Competitor Registration, Media Room (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Technical Inspection (World Arena)- Open to the general public

8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. –Merchandise and Ticket Sales (World Arena)

Tuesday, June 25 (PPIHC Sanctioned Practice Day) (all competitors)

4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Gateway open to credentialed individuals and spectators (tickets needed for spectators)

4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Practice day tickets will be sold at the Gateway for $25 per person.

5:00 a.m. – Start Line closes to uphill traffic.

5:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Sanctioned Practice (Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain)

11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Merchandise (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza Lobby)

11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Media Room / Registration / Ticket Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

Wednesday, June 26 (Practice/Qualifying Day 1)

4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Gateway open to credentialed individuals and spectators (tickets needed for spectators)

4:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. Practice day tickets will be sold at the Gateway for $25 per person.

5:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Sanctioned Practice (Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain)

11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Merchandise Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza Lobby)

11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Media Room / Registration / Ticket Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

Thursday, June 27 (Practice/Qualifying Day 2)

11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Merchandise Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne PlazaLobby)

Friday, June 28 (Practice/Qualifying Day 3)

5:00 p.m. – Final competitor list announced

5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – Fan Fest, downtown Colorado Springs- Open to the general public

5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. –Merchandise and Ticket Sales (Fan Fest)

Saturday, June 29 (Set-Up Day)

11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Press Room / Registration Open (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Ticket Sales (Hotel Elegante/Crowne Plaza)

Noon – Pikes Peak Highway opens for Overnight Camping

Noon – 6:00 p.m. – Ticket Sales at PPIHC and Will Call ticket pickup at the gateway

6:00 p.m. – Gateway closes and uphill traffic stops

8:00 p.m. – All competitors must be back off of the mountain

Sunday, June 30th (Race Day)

3:00 a.m. – Gateway opens to the public. All spectators must use the left lane (uphill lane) and enter through Gate #1

3:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m. – Ticket Sales at PPIHC and Will Call ticket pickup

3:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Pre-purchased ticket holders and credentialed personal will be allowed through the Gateway

6:45 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Glen Cove or until parking is full

7:00 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Ski Area and Halfway Picnic Grounds or until parking is full

7:00 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Start Line or until parking is full

7:30 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Crystal Reservoir or until parking is full

7:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremony

8:00 a.m. – Start of the 91st running

TBD – End of the 91st running

Merchandise will be sold at the start line area on race day
                            sigpic

Comment

It does look like his car has changed quite a bit from last year!

sigpic

Comment

WOW its looking awesome! I didnt realize the whole car was CF(a bit wavy) but I know how hard it is to work with and thats no small task!

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X