No announcement yet.

Pikes Peak Int. Hill Climb Turbo E30 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think his car was right at 2400lbs. without driver last year, I wonder where it's sitting now with all the cf replacing steel.
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Very excited to see an update in this thread.

Good luck this weekend.

-
      Project
      Parts for Sale
      Feedback
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Buddy of mine sent me a small blurb Jalopnik(?) did on it, we need updates man!

Comment

I hope the OP will update on how 2013 went, but here are the results compared to last year.

2012 - 11:35.387
          Time Attack class: 4th out of 21
          30th overall

2013 - 12:41.824
          Time Attack class: 9th out of 20
          88th overall
          Mark K
          1989 BMW 325i
          SCCA SEDIV TT Street Mod Champion 2011

Comment

I want the front fenders!

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
            function>form

Comment

Hey all, sorry for the silence. I didn't have much free time for the last two months as i was slaving away on the beast.

Im gonna see if I can find some time tomorrow to go through the pics and videos I have and post up some more details of the updates to the car/ race day stuff.
              Until then here's a quick overview of the last two months/ race week:

Did way too much for my own good in the last two months lol. Decided to do a CF/kevlar widebody/ custom 5 lug / brakes/ 10 inch rims about a month away from the race. Did a few other things like beefier axles, E85 conversion, CF dash and a few safety things.

The weight was reduced by about 120 lbs but we added about 20 for the fire suppression and a few other things so were at 2350 with a 1/2 tank.

Race week was nuts. We were working to the last min to get it all done (mostly cosmetic stuff like wetsanding/clearing the body) We did get a chance to test it out with all the new stuff thrown on but battled fuel issues after a few hours of testing so I never really got to push the new set up :(

Unfortunately I found out the hard way that my brakes weren't doing so well on pikes peak and I had an off on qualifying day.

Could have been way way worse, glad I went off as fast as I did or a lot more damage would have happened. We got it all back together and fixed for the last day of practice and were ready to race.

Unfortunately I had to start at the back of the time attack group because of not getting a qualifying run, so weather was not ideal, although I hear I missed some crazy hail. Instead of hail, most of my run was in the rain and even had some thick fog in places like bottomless pit and cog cut ( not great places to have fog).

Overall I'm pretty happy that I made it to the top again even if I was slower by over a min this year. Maybe next year I can get a dry run in :)

I will update soon!
              Last edited by Zodow; 05-23-2019, 10:02 AM.
              Instagram timhardyracing

Pikes Peak Hill Climb Build

Comment

I love this thread! Very inspiring. I hope you get a chance to post pics/info from all your recent mods.
                - Sam

Comment

Those foggy shots look terrifying.
                  1991 318i SOLD
                  2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

You = more balls then me. I'm making the trip next year, you need a hand in the pits let me know!!!
                    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Awesome awesome write up and build
                      sigpic
                      benvideoproductions.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617yNrOrRfo&

Comment

Here is the race day video before I get back into the build.

I stayed on the Hoosier A6's again thinking I would luck out like last year... Reports varied as to where it was raining/how much and it seemed alot like the last years reports... I could also still see the entire mountain from the start line... Only to find it rained almost the whole way up lol. It also was a lot colder this year and felt like I couldn't warm up the tires and couldn't carry as much speed through turns like last year.

I'm sure I could have done better with the rains this year but still would have been behind last years time. Still thrilled we made it and didn't muck it up!
                        Instagram timhardyracing

Pikes Peak Hill Climb Build

Comment

That fog is terrifying!

You have any video of the off?
                          1991 335is in progress

Comment

You'll probably go into this later when you give specs on your CF body panels, but I am curious how much wider did you make your front bumper as compared to stock?
                            Mark K
                            1989 BMW 325i
                            SCCA SEDIV TT Street Mod Champion 2011

Comment

Such a good thread... Can't wait to get the newest update!
                              Turbo m30 drift car build.
                              500whp or bust.
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

so do you outright tell the tailor he needs to add space to your race suit for your balls?

jesus dude.. a 400+ hp e30 on A6's in the rain/fog..

Comment

Working...
                                X