Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our 2013 Vintage Race Schedule! (Season finale at Summit Point Thanksgiving weekend!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 2013 Vintage Race Schedule! (Season finale at Summit Point Thanksgiving weekend!)

So there was some interest in seeing our upcoming vintage race schedule, so I'm going to post the full schedule here and bump the thread a week or two before each event. Most events are either free to enter or cost a small amount.

The events are a great place to see rare, awesome cars being used like they're supposed to. The drivers are a friendly, personable bunch that are generally more than happy to share history and stories about their cars. I would be happy to post pictures of some examples of typical attendees if anyone is curious. On to the schedule!

1. April 12-14, Virginia International Raceway (Danville, VA)
    2. May 16-19, Summit Point International Raceway (Summit Point, WV) **
    3. May 30-June 1, Lime Rock Park (Lakeville, CT)
    4. June 13-16, Mosport (Ontario, CAN)
    5. June 27-30, Mid Ohio (Lexington, OH) **
    6. July 12-14, Pittsburgh International Race Complex (Beaver Falls, PA) **
    7. July 18-21, Road America, (Elkhart Lake, WI) **
    8. July 26-28, Waterford Hills, MI
    9. August 29-September 2, Lime Rock Park (Lakeville, CT) **
    10. September 4-8, Watkins Glen (Watkins Glen, NY) **
    11. September 20-22, New Jersey Motorsports Park (Millville, NJ) **
    12. September 26-29, Virginia International Raceway (Danville, VA) **
    13. October 11-13, Watkins Glen, (Watkins Glen, NY) ??
    14. October 24-27, Savannah Harbor (Savannah, GA) **
    15. November 29-December 1, Summit Point International Raceway (Summit Point, WV) **

Hope to see some guys around this year!
    Last edited by ELVA164; 11-17-2013, 04:12 PM.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

I just added a double asterisk to the events with more for spectators to do, i.e. vendors, auctions, activities, swap meets, etc. These would be the best ones to bring the significant other/family to if you were feeling adventurous.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

We will be at VIR in one week's time for the Hare and Hound event at VIR, hosted by VDCA. There will be practice Friday, qualifying Saturday, and racing Sunday. Should be a good time!

Comment

It's almost time for our next event, and this is one of the biggest ones of the year! May 16-19, we will be at Summit Point for the Jefferson 500 hosted by Brian Redman. BMW entries include 5 2002s, an M10-powered Ginetta G16 sports racer, and a 328i in the school (heh)

Here is a link to event info: http://www.vrgonline.org/events/

Aside from the racing, there is a vintage racing school and a car show!

The entry list is almost completely full I believe so there will be a huge variety of cars to see! Here are the cars we will be fielding:

These two shots contain a 1965 Ginetta G4 (blue), a 1966 Ginetta G4 (white), and a 1965 Lotus Cortina.

This is a 1963 Elva Mark VII sports racer:

And a 1958 Elva Courier:

Take a look at the entry list! Awesome stuff!

Comment

Also, there's a good chance I might get to drive the Cortina in the IMSA RS/SCCA 2.5 Reunion Race!!

Comment

We finished our first day at the track today which was just a driving school and we're all set up for the real race weekend! For anyone stopping by, we're the pair of white and blue striped canopies straight ahead as you enter the track.

Comment

Here's a video of my short stint in the Cortina during an IMSA/SCCA under-2.5 liter race yesterday! It was a ton of fun.

Comment

That thing looks like a blast to drive!

87' is part out

Comment

Our next event is in one week at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT! This is a smaller event hosted by the Jaguar Club, but it's low-key and still provides a good variety of cars to look at. There will be a good number of newer sports cars there as well, and at least a couple E30s!

We are bringing:

A 1962 Elva Mark VII

And two 1960 Elva 200 Formula Juniors
                  (This one is now white with blue)

Last edited by ELVA164; 05-24-2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

What are you running in the Mark VII?
                    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                      What are you running in the Mark VII?
                      This one has a Lotus Twin Cam. Some of the later Mark VII's and the Mark VIII used an M10, actually.

This is a Lotus-powered car:

And this is BMW-powered, although it's the only one I've seen with the integrated spoiler:

There was also a Porsche-powered version:
                      Last edited by ELVA164; 05-24-2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Yep, exactly why I asked. Supply parts for a number of them, really neat cars, and neat engine setups. Also the B6 and B8 M10 powered Chevrons.

That spoilered blue elva is achingly beautiful!
                        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                          Yep, exactly why I asked. Supply parts for a number of them, really neat cars, and neat engine setups. Also the B6 and B8 M10 powered Chevrons.

That spoilered blue elva is achingly beautiful!
                          M10 parts you mean? Very cool! The MkVII we take care of is one of my favorite cars in the shop.

Those Chevrons are both amazing-looking cars, by the way. Very awesome.

Comment

Due to an unfortunate motor complication, one of the formula juniors will be replaced this event by....

The Cortina!

Admission is free!

Comment

So one of our customers was kind enough to allow me to use the Cortina for the last race at Lime Rock! I had never done race laps there before so it was equal parts exciting and nerve-wracking. Take a look at me flailing around for a few laps:

Comment

Working...
                              X