S52 swap - suspension setup advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jstam View Post
    So the eta is coming out, S52 is going in...

Since I'm picking up ~50lbs on the front end (I'm keeping A/C, etc.) wouldn't I see more understeer after the swap? I really like the handling of the car w/ the m20 and bilstein sports/H&R sports/IE sway bars - pretty neutral and I'd like to retain that.
    Anyone have experience to share?
    Are your IE bars are 22/19?

[quote=Emre;3753210]It will make a difference that you'll notice mostly at turn-in. But it's not as big of a deal as people like to make it sound.

I asked this same question in swap section a while back '89I /S52. Consensus was as Emre said not that big a deal. Also spoke with ground control about possibly upping front spring rates from current F 440/R 700. Car is used as DD and stupid stuff. I have'poormans' sways 21mm cabi front IX 14.5mm rear all OEM rubber, GC coils / touring camber plates, raised rear subframe /slotted camber-toe. concluded leaving spring rates alone and will probably try 22/19 bar set up. With high spring rates it you can 'overbar' pretty easily in rear.GL
    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

I'm very interested to know as well since I'm planning to do a M52 swap on my E30 with M40 engine. What if upgrading from a 4 pot to 6 pot engine like in my case? Should I use a beefier suspension setup? If yes, from what car should I use?

Comment

Originally posted by jstam View Post
        Anyone have experience to share?
        Use your right foot to turn the understeer into oversteer, seriously though, the extra power far outweighs a small weight gain.

Comment

Working...
        X