No announcement yet.

Post pics of your E30 in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's several shots of me at The Ridge Motorsports Park. This was my first time on the track. Had a blast and looking forward to 2016. Running Bilsteins with racing dynamics spring. PFC 08 pads and Falken 912 all seasons lol. Going to get better tires for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the JPS race car minus decals.
      sigpic

Comment

Two from the ring :D

Will post high res when I get the original files back!

Click image for larger version

Name:	11-12h-IMG_2325.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	7181002
        Click image for larger version

Name:	16-17h-IMG_6100.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	7181003

R.H.D
        M-technic I club

Comment

At the Glen...

Older with Evo 3 wing

Last edited by JimmyP; 01-17-2016, 09:39 PM.
          Jimmy P.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
          92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
          98 318Ti Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

^ awesome
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
              At the Glen...
              Was this with COMSCC in 2012? I have a picture of my car in nearly the same spot, and I certainly remember seeing your E30 M3!

I'll be back this September with COM again, can't wait to hit that fresh pavement!

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

This thread is awesome. Here's my humble contribution... a few autocross events and a couple shots from my most recent trip to Texas World Speedway.

Last edited by Ocell; 01-19-2016, 01:47 PM. Reason: fixing images
                91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Fun shot,I much prefer to keep this for the street and use my dedicated track trailer only toys but this was a local event so what the hell.

Comment

At the Glen...
                    Why the side exhaust Jimmy P?
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                      Was this with COMSCC in 2012? I have a picture of my car in nearly the same spot, and I certainly remember seeing your E30 M3!

I'll be back this September with COM again, can't wait to hit that fresh pavement!
                      Yes! Wow, Good eye.
                      The person that shoots for COM gets some great shots, and is kind enough to leave them up to be linked to.
                      Both sets are from COM events.

I have not run with COM in a few years. I was pretty diametrically opposed to the classing changes and have opted out of running with them. I loved the classing previously and hate it now. May as well be NASA,,, but I digress. Its their club to administrate how they wish and my money to spend or not spend.
                      They are certainly nice people to run with however and run a tight event.
                      I have never had a bad experience with them.
                      Last edited by JimmyP; 01-19-2016, 08:32 PM.
                      Jimmy P.
                      98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Why the side exhaust Jimmy P?
                        It got the exhaust tucked up under the car so much cleaner and eliminated having to go under the rear subframe which was always an ugly crush point both trying to maintain ground clearance and also necessitated doing silly things to flatten the tubing there to maintain even crappy ground clearance.

It hit in so many places, even getting in and out of the trailer.
                        The car is low, and I use short 15" tires.
                        It hit a lot and that was when I was using a 2.5" exhaust. Going to the 3" it was going to be even worse.

Just became an easier thing to go out the side. There was nothing in that space, I have had a fuel cell for years. It was just sitting there saying put a muffler in me.

I got the idea from my BTCC car, thats how it was set up only it exits under the rocker just in front of the right rear wheel, which makes putting the car on a lift a complete PITA. Thats exactly where the rear subframe bolt is which is my preferred lifting point.

On the silver car I took it one step further and tucked it farther up into the driveshaft tunnel and into the rear seat recess (former home of the gas tank) going through the body making it even cleaner.
                        I wish I could do it to my BTCC car, but I'm not cutting a hole in that car that Prodrive didn't put there haha. With very few exceptions I have restored that to what it was in 1988.
                        Last edited by JimmyP; 01-20-2016, 08:56 AM.
                        Jimmy P.
                        98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Yes! Wow, Good eye.
                          The person that shoots for COM gets some great shots, and is kind enough to leave them up to be linked to.
                          Both sets are from COM events.

I have not run with COM in a few years. I was pretty diametrically opposed to the classing changes and have opted out of running with them. I loved the classing previously and hate it now. May as well be NASA,,, but I digress. Its their club to administrate how they wish and my money to spend or not spend.
                          They are certainly nice people to run with however and run a tight event.
                          I have never had a bad experience with them.
                          It looks like you used to run in PC? Are the Super Classes really that bad?

I thought the Super classes were mostly just "do whatever you want mod-wise, just classify your car by power to weight", but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by whysimon
                          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                            It looks like you used to run in PC? Are the Super Classes really that bad?

I thought the Super classes were mostly just "do whatever you want mod-wise, just classify your car by power to weight", but I could be wrong.
                            I don't know if they are bad,,, they are usually always bad for peaky 4 cylinder engines and favor lower HP engines with lots of torque.
                            HP / Wight usually handicaps higher HP, low torque engines like the S14.

I'm not a fan of HP / Weight with any sanctioning body so I don't run with any that do. Its the equivalent of Bracket Racing for road racers. I prefer class racing.
                            Not my cup of tea so I take my participation elsewhere.
                            Jimmy P.
                            98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Originally posted by Ocell View Post
                              This thread is awesome. Here's my humble contribution... a few autocross events and a couple shots from my most recent trip to Texas World Speedway.
                              Ronal turbos? I'd be all over a set if they made them 15/16x8. Hows the grip with the tires you have on them for you?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                                Ronal turbos? I'd be all over a set if they made them 15/16x8. Hows the grip with the tires you have on them for you?
                                Yeah, Phase 2s from what I can tell. I've got Falken RT-615k's on them. They do fine, but I don't have a ton to compare with from personal experience. For the last year or so I've been using RE11a's on a set of 15x8 TRM C1 wheels. Same tire size on both, 205/50R15. I like the 15x8 setup much more. I keep the Ronals/Falkens on for daily driving.
                                91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X