No announcement yet.

Fuel Accumulator - OEM Ford Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-surge tanks are indeed for two-stage fuel systems only. Not working for single stage pumps. The lift pump fills the anti-surge tank (swirl pot) which remains full at all time (excess fuel returns back to the tank). The swirl pot is also fed by the fuel return from the fuel rail. The system ensures constant fuel supply to the main pump. Even on the longest sweepers.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      Is that on M20?

Last 14hr race we did on my car, M20 stock except for cam/injectors/chip, was getting 1:30 per stint at the Ridge. And while we could only dump 10 gallons (almost 12 with our bumped out cans) we never had starvation issues. Even with an extended yellow and going a couple 1:45 stints.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes m20. We typically dump 15gal per driver change. We modified the fill necks so we can use a 1" hose on a jerry rig style can with a big 3/4" vent hose. Takes 1.5min per fill up.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by slums View Post
        I did a quick 3D print design and printed out a proof of concept piece using a nylon filament.

Unfortunately the nylon dissolves in gas (tested it over a few days), and I don't have access to any more "hardcore" filaments with this particular printer.

There was also the question of having to find a way to epoxy some brass fittings etc.

Meanwhile I ordered the Ford unit, so more to follow when I receive it!
        Home 3D printing is not currently a viable solution for this, not FDM printing at least. Nylon should tolerate gasoline and ethanol without dissolving, if yours isn't it is probably because the material has been blended or otherwise adulterated for better printing characteristics. Nylon is generally gasoline resistant long-term but does weaken and soften. HDPE and PP are the common gasoline resistant plastics.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
        X