Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4x100 big brake kit thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I contacted Lee about a 280mm BBK the other day but he told me US tariffs are keeping him from producing the caliper adapter brackets. Disappointing cause I liked how his kit fit 15" euroweaves. Apparently retrofitting RX7 calipers don't fit euroweaves either.


    1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- Currently Building.. S50 Swap
    1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    1991
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Skafrog View Post
      Here is a pic of what needs to be shaved for the Kosei K1. Same shaving on the bottom side of the caliper.
      Not bad, I wouldn't feel too terrible about doing that to some Wilwoods.

      Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
      I contacted Lee about a 280mm BBK the other day but he told me US tariffs are keeping him from producing the caliper adapter brackets. Disappointing cause I liked how his kit fit 15" euroweaves. Apparently retrofitting RX7 calipers don't fit euroweaves either.
      Fitting under Euroweaves or other similar OE BMW wheels would be neat, but it's something I've pretty much completely given up on since I actually want some performance out of the tires and brakes. One of the massive (pun intended) advantages of the 300mm kit is that you use high quality and extremely cheap and common rotor rings (11.75") from AP/Brembo/Hawk, etc. These rotors are around $120 a piece and offer much more cooling vanes than most OEM applications.
      Last edited by R3VM3UP; 11-19-2018, 07:05 AM.

      Comment


        #33
        Iím running Kosei K4Rís 15x8 with no spacers. Didnít need to cleareance the calipers. Unfortunately they no longer make them. Picked up a spare set when they were on closeout a few years ago.

        Comment


          #34
          Yo dudes

          https://www.silverminemotors.com/sub...CgnFCS-byEmn-4

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
            Would clear 15" BBS Euroweaves but...

            688... If they are USD, then the whole package is very expensive.

            Dynalite calipers are under $260USD a pair (I prefer Dynapro 120-9703 calipers though)
            VW G60 rotors are under $60USD a pair from Raybestos
            Wilwood BP20 pads are around $50USD

            Do the math for the price of the brackets. ;-)

            And yes, I am currently out of adapters for the 280x22mm kit. Only waiting to see how the price of aluminum will stabilize. But don't worry, I will still offer the kit after Christmas. It might be 10% more expensive though ;-) And I am one of many shops in North America being hit with higher price of steel (25%) and aluminum (10%). Be it US, Canadian or even Chinese material. ;-)
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

            massivebrakes.com

            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056





            Comment


              #36
              If that is expendive, check this out: https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...spx?noredirect

              EDIT Oh they don't have price anymore... well it has been between 1200-1300 usd previously...

              I'm personally using e38 4-pot brembos skimmed down for 22mm brake disk and mini cooper r50 294x22mm brake disk. Those has cost less than 200usd for me so plenty of money saved :D Still need to do the adapters.

              Comment


                #37
                I have Lee's street kit. I love it and they do fit fine under euroweaves. Running stock master and pedal feel is nice, although I wish it had a little more pedal travel than it does.

                I'll probably be upgrading to the larger kit in the future as the s52 swap is getting some more go fast bits.

                Comment


                  #38
                  One important component that is missing from the silvermotorsport kit is the 1,5mm wheel spacers with 66mm bore as they are needed when using Corrado rotors. A BMW hat is 7mm thick. The VW hat is 6mm thick. Many wheels don't sit properly on the hub and get wobbly. Unless they have a larger bevel on the hub's perimeter.
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

                  massivebrakes.com

                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056





                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
                    If that is expendive, check this out: https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...spx?noredirect

                    EDIT Oh they don't have price anymore... well it has been between 1200-1300 usd previously...
                    One-piece rotor vs two-piece hat & rotor. Not the same cost. But yes, even a fixed two-piece hat/rotor at $1200usd is overpriced. ;-)
                    Last edited by Massive Lee; 11-21-2018, 07:19 AM.
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

                    massivebrakes.com

                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056





                    Comment


                      #40
                      Lee are you certain that you'll be offering the brackets once again? I want to take advantage of the Black Friday deals going on and pick up some willwoods, pads, ect. if that's the case. Not sure if your taking pre orders..


                      1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                      1992 e34 Touring- Currently Building.. S50 Swap
                      1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50
                      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                      1991
                      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Yes. I am sure I will still make them. It's a kit that sells pretty well. Last production was 100 sets. Will probably make only 40 sets this time. ;-) Shall be done by early January.

                        Lee
                        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

                        massivebrakes.com

                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056





                        Comment


                          #42
                          Have to give Lee kudos, his kits are top notch
                          88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

                          90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Good to see more conversion here guys :)

                            I am wanting to go with the biggest 4x100 kit that I can fit under 15Ē wheels , Lees sport or race kit is what I am going to go with . I had to miss the sale price or pre - increase because I simply canít pull the trigger on the sport kit and then kick myself in the balls once I find out race kit will fit the 15Ē Jongbloed wheels as well.

                            Currently I am just having to wait for the wheels to come out and then Iíll pull the trigger , sucks having to pay more now with the price increase but itís a small price to pay for a well designed kit with off the shelf available rotors and calipers .

                            Now, if anyone got a set of JongBloed 15Ē wheels and you are willing to print and check the brake clearance of both sport and race kits I would be greatful for it !

                            Lee has pdf files on his site for wheel clearance check , his sport kit does clear TRM c1 15x8 wheels with a small spacer (3-5mm) but the race kit will need more spacer .

                            I just donít have Jongbloed wheels on hand to check :/


                            Nice to see you here Lee !
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205



                            OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              Good to see more conversion here guys :)

                              I am wanting to go with the biggest 4x100 kit that I can fit under 15Ē wheels , Lees sport or race kit is what I am going to go with . I had to miss the sale price or pre - increase because I simply canít pull the trigger on the sport kit and then kick myself in the balls once I find out race kit will fit the 15Ē Jongbloed wheels as well.

                              Currently I am just having to wait for the wheels to come out and then Iíll pull the trigger , sucks having to pay more now with the price increase but itís a small price to pay for a well designed kit with off the shelf available rotors and calipers .

                              Now, if anyone got a set of JongBloed 15Ē wheels and you are willing to print and check the brake clearance of both sport and race kits I would be greatful for it !

                              Lee has pdf files on his site for wheel clearance check , his sport kit does clear TRM c1 15x8 wheels with a small spacer (3-5mm) but the race kit will need more spacer .

                              I just donít have Jongbloed wheels on hand to check :/


                              Nice to see you here Lee !

                              Also wanting to know the same
                              1988 BMW 325i Zinoberrot
                              1984 BMW 533i Alpinweiss
                              1986 BMW 528e Delphin Metallic
                              1998 BMW 528i Touring

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by benloveless1 View Post
                                Also wanting to know the same
                                Same. Finding a 15x8 or 15x9 wheel that clears the race kit would be awesome. Most steel rim companies wont test the template for you, they just want you to buy one. The other option would be to get a group buy together on some custom wheels.

                                NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                                Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                                Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X