Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victell
    replied
    Our lifetime replacement covers every single part we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, spark plugs, gaskets, rotors, filters, belts, wiper blades, etc

Thats a confusing one. I work in warranty and it always excludes wear and tear. It's literally not warrantable. Autozone back in the day used to offer lifetime warranty on brake pads and I probably used it 8 times on 1 car. My stance on doing this has evolved and I wouldn't take advantage of a company like this now. But then FCP says:

This makes warrantying everything for life a little easier, but we also consider replacements the cost of business for keeping our customers happy and coming back for life.

Which makes it clear they are ok with giving out free wear items to encourage loyalty. I'd say if you are loyal and buy most of what you can from FCP then it falls in line with the spirit of the business relationship. If you ONLY buy wear items from FCP then yeah that's kinda scummy.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    FCP are asking for it, bet most people dont own the car long enough to see the benefit.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DMan II-40 View Post

Litteraly copied from their website:

”Our lifetime replacement covers every single part we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, spark plugs, gaskets, rotors, filters, belts, wiper blades, etc. This covers every part across every brand, including OE, OEM, genuine, performance, aftermarket, and re-manufactured parts.

We only offer high-quality parts and reputable brands. This makes warrantying everything for life a little easier, but we also consider replacements the cost of business for keeping our customers happy and coming back for life.

Regardless of whether our parts are installed on a daily driver or a track car, we guarantee to stand by our promise.

Our race cars are even built and maintained with our own parts. We put them through the paces just like you.”

Not a matter of opinion, your just wrong.....
    Not sure what you thought I wrote, but I didn't disagree with the reality of the warranty offered in any way, just your desire to use it in that manner. There is a difference between utilizing a warranty to cover you from an unexpected outlay and intentionally taking advantage just to save you money. If you buy a $200 set of pads, and then replace them repeatedly you are simply doing harm to that company, even if you are completely within the written rules.

If you are comfortable doing that it's fine, I just think it's morally bent, which is an opinion, and not a fact.

Leave a comment:

• DMan II-40
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I clearly disagree, but you do you.
    Litteraly copied from their website:

”Our lifetime replacement covers every single part we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, spark plugs, gaskets, rotors, filters, belts, wiper blades, etc. This covers every part across every brand, including OE, OEM, genuine, performance, aftermarket, and re-manufactured parts.

We only offer high-quality parts and reputable brands. This makes warrantying everything for life a little easier, but we also consider replacements the cost of business for keeping our customers happy and coming back for life.

Regardless of whether our parts are installed on a daily driver or a track car, we guarantee to stand by our promise.

Our race cars are even built and maintained with our own parts. We put them through the paces just like you.”

Not a matter of opinion, your just wrong.....

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

The whole purpose of their lifetime warranty is to support customers like they do their race teams. It’s not taking advantage, it’s literally what they made the program for.

you can even return oil and oil filters to get credit back for free/cheap oil changes since you do have to pay for return shipping.
    I clearly disagree, but you do you.

Leave a comment:

• DMan II-40
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I suppose you could with their Ferodo pads, but it would make you a scumbag. FCP is doing a solid thing in the marketplace to support enthusiasts, if you and enough others take advantage of it in that way the warranty will go away.
    The whole purpose of their lifetime warranty is to support customers like they do their race teams. It’s not taking advantage, it’s literally what they made the program for.

you can even return oil and oil filters to get credit back for free/cheap oil changes since you do have to pay for return shipping.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    What about any of the brake pads they carry on FCPEURO so you can essentially get free new pads for the life of the car with their “warranty”
    I suppose you could with their Ferodo pads, but it would make you a scumbag. FCP is doing a solid thing in the marketplace to support enthusiasts, if you and enough others take advantage of it in that way the warranty will go away.

Leave a comment:

• DMan II-40
    replied
    What about any of the brake pads they carry on FCPEURO so you can essentially get free new pads for the life of the car with their “warranty”

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Unfortunately no, still trying to get the car sorted (tune and otherwise). Probably could've hit an event this past fall but I didn't.
    Fingers crossed for this coming summer.

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Did you get into any autocross with them? Still good confidence there?

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Still like them as much as the day I switched.
    For something that's primarily a street car, I like them a lot, but also remember I came from running hawk HPS sponges for like 6 years so I can't give a good comparison to other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Victell
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post

Quick update on the Pagids - I don't understand how they feel so good vs the Hawk HPS. I think it's just how bad the HPS really are, but damn I did not expect this much of a difference.
    How are you liking the Pagids now, a year later? Im thinking of getting new pads for autocross as well.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    i am using DTC-30 on the street which i actually like, some squeal at times and the odd groan/grind but nothing that makes them unlivable like the HP+ are said to be. the dust is major PITA but just keep on top of it and its manageable. they haven't eaten the rotors and you don't need to warm them up just normal driving gets them working.

i'm planning to do a Massive twin MC install so running them boosterless that's why i went with something fairly aggressive. i have the dynapro calipers and 280x22 discs so pad compound availability is not huge

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Yeah those are the same. I ordered them from rockauto, $25.79 USD per axle. Their site is weird in that both sets only show up under a 1988 325i

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    I need pads for this exact purpose and stumbled in here. Are you guys talking about these?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X