Classifieds Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
    Holy shit sell it for 27.50 and it will cover the fee. It's not that hard.
    Why can't I just sell it to dude? Why the middle man?

I'd rather pay for r3v than this BS.

The fee paid to panjo does not all go to r3v.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
      Why can't I just sell it to dude? Why the middle man?
      You can. There is nothing forcing anyone to use Panjo's payment system.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I am trying to post in the Parts Wanted section. Of course, I have to go through Panjo... I believe I'm filling out all the info but my thread is not showing up on R3V, I've been trying all day. Incredibly frustrating this process of reinventing the wheel.

Why isn't it working?
        '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnabar325is View Post
          I am trying to post in the Parts Wanted section. Of course, I have to go through Panjo... I believe I'm filling out all the info but my thread is not showing up on R3V, I've been trying all day. Incredibly frustrating this process of reinventing the wheel.

Why isn't it working?
          I was able to locate your account on Panjo and saw that your account has successfully linked to your r3vlimited account.

Now that your accounts are linked, every time you create a listing on Panjo, you'll be able to select the subforum where you'd like your thread to be generated.

I went ahead and selected the subforum category for your WTB listing and generated the thread for you here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=401148

- Brian

Comment

I'm glad I found this thread explaining the Panjo appearance. I've been perusing r3v for a few years, but don't post much. Now that I'm looking to buy some parts, it's good to know the mods are trying to make the process more streamlined and secure.

Comment

Hi,
              I can't seem to link my Panjo acc. to this forum.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
              If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Originally posted by rav320uk View Post
                Hi,
                I can't seem to link my Panjo acc. to this forum.
                What error message are you receiving?

A quick FAQ guide to creating listing threads on the forum is available here: Link

If you are still running into issues, you can PM us your Panjo username, and we can set that up for you.

- Brian

Comment

Brian, I just moved a lot of threads out of the "Random Crap FS/WTB" section, most of which should have been in the "Parts Wanted" section. Is this an issue with Panjo not bucketing them correctly, an education issue for the thread posters, or a combination of both?

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                    Brian, I just moved a lot of threads out of the "Random Crap FS/WTB" section, most of which should have been in the "Parts Wanted" section. Is this an issue with Panjo not bucketing them correctly, an education issue for the thread posters, or a combination of both?
                    When a member links their Panjo account to r3vlimited, they have the option to select from a dropdown menu which subforum category they believe their listing belongs in.

The dropdown menu mirrored the order in which the subforums appear on the forum. With the 'Random Crap FS/WTB' category at the top of the dropdown/forum, I can see why members might quickly glean over it and just throw their listing into that general section. I manually rearranged the order on the dropdown to push it below the 'Parts' and 'Parts Wanted' sections. Hopefully that helps!

- Brian

Comment

Good deal, thanks.

Comment

OK, created two listings and have both Bimmerforums and R3V accounts linked. If I select BF first and create post then select and create the R3v post, the R3V one never shows up.

Also, I closed an ad today as sold, and it still hasn't updated the post on r3v..

I really am trying to give it a fair shake, but so far... no impressed.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          OK, created two listings and have both Bimmerforums and R3V accounts linked. If I select BF first and create post then select and create the R3v post, the R3V one never shows up.

Also, I closed an ad today as sold, and it still hasn't updated the post on r3v..

I really am trying to give it a fair shake, but so far... no impressed.
                          At this time, each Panjo listing can only be linked to one thread generated in a respective forum. Therefore, since you linked to BF first, that's the one that's connected; hence why your r3v post remained.

In the meantime, if you want to create threads on multiple forums, you'll have to create separate listings in the marketplace for each forum. Or you can PM me your username, and I'd be happy to duplicate and handle it for you.

- Brian

Comment

Originally posted by panjo View Post
                            At this time, each Panjo listing can only be linked to one thread generated in a respective forum.

This sounds like it would be a feature that everyone could benefit from and use. I have to say, that is kind of a deal breaker for me - I don't want to have to maintain multiple ads for the same item. Not to mention from a purely database stand point - that's a terrible idea. You now have duplicate info that could just be linked via a linking table. Unless it's being stored in a single relationship column in a single row. Which really restricts scalibility. Even if it's purely API calls to either site, you are over-complicating it by having multiple ads for the same listing. Not to mention it makes the UI a cluster to manage.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

This sounds like it would be a feature that everyone could benefit from and use.

Even if it's purely API calls to either site, you are over-complicating it by having multiple ads for the same listing. Not to mention it makes the UI a cluster to manage.
                              As someone who works with RDBs every day, I agree.

I'd think a simple join table could resolve the issue, at least in the short term.

Comment

This sounds like it would be a feature that everyone could benefit from and use.
                                Originally posted by agent View Post
                                As someone who works with RDBs every day, I agree.
                                I'd think a simple join table could resolve the issue, at least in the short term.
                                Thanks a ton for this pointed and constructive feedback. We have it on our roadmap to handle this through a join table. One core reason this suggestion will take a little time to implement is that forums are fragile things. The permutations of versions, platforms, plugins, unannounced patches and updates, and server environments make any Panjo-to-forum integrations a bit more time consuming than optimal to implement them in a reliable and stable way. There is a long, five-year back story as to why it works and is structured like it is now. Bygones. We are always evolving Panjo as fast as we can to better improve benefits for buyers and sellers.

If you have other requests, wishes, and suggestions, we are always looking for ways to reduce the time and effort it takes buyers and sellers to find one another and securely transact. Here are some recaps of recent releases, including the ability to refine which new listings generate alerts for you. (Panjo recap 1) (panjo recap 2)

Related links of interest:
                                https://www.panjo.com/tags/bmw
                                https://www.panjo.com/tags/r3vlimited
                                https://www.panjo.com/tags/e36

Comment

Working...
                                X