Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Thanks I'm seeing how much of a pain it is. The general discussion gets them in waves

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    I just cleaned them out. LMK if I missed any.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    The less frequent regional forums are filled with spam. I accidentally clicked on the new zealand regional and it was all spam.

Leave a comment:

• IceWhite
    replied
    Originally posted by delamaize View Post
    Well...

Hell, if one of the mods wanted to give me privileges to delete spam threads, I'd do it.
    I'd be willing to delete them too!

Leave a comment:

• JasonC
    replied
    Yes this is a thankless job, and I just woke up here about an hour ago. So yes we do have lives outside of here. There was about 50 threads I deleted here. That is the most I've deleted in the past month.

But anyways, A GEO IP filter was put into place last month to cut out the spam. It seemed to be working cause it did cut back alot of spam. The ones that are getting through we are collecting a list of IPs and James is checking them out. He said some of them are spoofed and need to dig where they are really from. I know nothing of the IT world, so I'm just relaying the info we're told.

The report thing just goes straight to our personal email. I can't speak for the others but it's rare that I even check my personal email. I have found that pretty much all of the reported spam is deleted by the time you get in your email and read it all and click the links to just find it's gone. It's just far simpler to get on the forum and browse through and delete it as you see it cause they are simple to pick out.

And by the way, no mod can make someone else a mod. That is admins only. But it is brought up to the whole staff (mods/admins) if so and so would be a good person to join on or not.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    started a topic Spam overkill!

Spam overkill!

Well, Spam is on point this morning. I understand being a mod is a thankless job, and I understand that they have a life outside of here. And I Do Appreciate what you guys do. But Lets be proactive here guys, shit is getting really out of hand again.

As much as I hate Captcha, it's time for some kind of automation like that to combat these scumbags. Lets get rid of the 60 second wait between reports also. I love this forum, but We are on the Spammer Scum radar, with a big sign that says "We don't have Defences, Come Shove spam up our asses."

Hell, if one of the mods wanted to give me privileges to delete spam threads, I'd do it.
Working...
X